Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jack Yary, 2020 TE, Murrieta, CA

Comments

• Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    But did they come into his house barking and woofing like Sark's crew did for Sean Parker?
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    USC has done a fine job of upsetting their own recruiting this year. We're just trying to piss on them to put the fire out.
  • Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    The fans on there have 0 confidence in actually getting Yary.
  • Options
    TheironshiekTheironshiek Member Posts: 167
    5 Awesomes First Comment Name Dropper 5 Up Votes
    This kids looking for a life raft outta USC land
  • Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    Emoterman said:

Yary on playing "flex out wide big WR" position at USC:

Yary on playing for John Donovan:

It is an interesting strategy to say he will play the position of someone 50 pounds lighter than him. I guess it’s their only strategy really.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Emoterman said:

Yary on playing "flex out wide big WR" position at USC:

Yary on playing for John Donovan:

It is an interesting strategy to say he will play the position of someone 50 pounds lighter than him. I guess it’s their only strategy really.
    well, honestly, the question I would have if I was a Yary is "hey, you guys had like 23 receptions for all tight ends the whole year ... can you really tell me that it's going to change and make it worth my while to be a part of this offense? Or is it going to be more of the same? ...."

Personally, it makes no fucking sense to go to USC if you are a TE ... no matter what snake oil they are selling.

Donovan is an "unknown" yes ... but look at recent history at UW, TE production, TE's being drafted ... no brainer.

Or go any bloody place other than USC for TEs ...
  • Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    @sonics1993 - What are the coaches feelings on Togiai? And is he a mission guy?
  • Options
    DawgDaze71DawgDaze71 Member Posts: 704
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited January 2020
    Did I read that Yary wouldn’t want to play for Donovan? Ummmmmmmm Mike Gesicki had no problems

• Options
    EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Did I read that Yary wouldn’t want to play for Donovan? Ummmmmmmm Mike Gesicki had no problems

Great point! Donovan hadn't shit the bed at Happy Valley and found himself recently rescued from the forever assistant RB coach career path when he got that commitment, however.

Lemme guess, LIPO?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Husky coaches feel confident they swayed Jack back after the home visit. It helps that USC was dumb enough to take there home visit first giving us the last visit. They are so stupid in recruiting right now, it's absolutely amazing. I mean this was a slam dunk for them but they have given us every opportunity to steal Jack. We will find out Sunday if UW did.

If we pull this one that's a huge early win for Jimmy as HC. Hes done this before with DBs (Asa, Irvin) but this would show he can do it as a HC. I think in the same scenario Pete would have just taken Sani's commitment and been done with it
    Yep it’s evidence he can close someone outside of a DB.

Wouldn’t be as big as Puka but might be as good for recruiting morale.
  • Options

USC has been running on fumes with a Rose Bowl win and a Pac 12 title under Clay but it is inescapable that the recruiting over the last few years is going to plunge them to the middle of the bottom

The next coach is fucked. They will teach this in school on how not to run a program

Yep it’s going to take a long time for them to dig out of this. The irony is Clay seems to be a decent developer so when they finally cut bait the new coach may be okay the first year or two with Clays upperclassmen but when Clays younger classes become the upperclassmen the bottom will fall out.

Clay feels like the perfect coach for WSU or Beav yet he’s somehow at SC.

JEEPERS.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,312
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It will take a competent/name brand/good salesman coach at USC precisely one recruiting class to put them back near the top of the conference. They can pull a top five class in their sleep with an even remotely competent and cutthroat coach at the helm. You guys are kidding yourself.

Pete Carroll took over for a 5-7/2-6 program with an average losing margin of 11 points. The following year, he only won a single game more than his predecessor, but the writing was on the wall, as 11 points was their largest loss, and other losses were by 4, 2, 5, 3, and 4 (my dad is an annoying bandwagon USC fan, having spent his teenage years in LA, so I watched every one of those games in 2001, and I have to admit it was one of the most fun to watch teams I've ever seen--super hard hitting and tough). A year later, they're #5 and finish by crushing #3 Iowa in the Orange Bowl. They also completely blow out 18 Colorado, 23 OSU, 22 Washington, 25 UCLA, 7 Notre Dame, and double digit win over 14 Oregon.

One year.
  • Options

It will take a competent/name brand/good salesman coach at USC precisely one recruiting class to put them back near the top of the conference. They can pull a top five class in their sleep with an even remotely competent and cutthroat coach at the helm. You guys are kidding yourself.

Pete Carroll took over for a 5-7/2-6 program with an average losing margin of 11 points. The following year, he only won a single game more than his predecessor, but the writing was on the wall, as 11 points was their largest loss, and other losses were by 4, 2, 5, 3, and 4 (my dad is an annoying bandwagon USC fan, having spent his teenage years in LA, so I watched every one of those games in 2001, and I have to admit it was one of the most fun to watch teams I've ever seen--super hard hitting and tough). A year later, they're #5 and finish by crushing #3 Iowa in the Orange Bowl. They also completely blow out 18 Colorado, 23 OSU, 22 Washington, 25 UCLA, 7 Notre Dame, and double digit win over 14 Oregon.

One year.

And the recruiting classes before Pete got there were a hell of a lot better than what Helton is doing.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,406
    Swaye's Wigwam
    One class of true freshmen is a hard sell for a quick turn around. Not saying they are fucked forever but they are fucked for awhile. I agree they are always one great coach away. As always

I don't see Carson Palmer on the roster.