Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jack Yary, 2020 TE, Murrieta, CA

Comments

• Options
    5starsareforlosers5starsareforlosers Member Posts: 62
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

What's up with Norgaaaard? Did I miss something?

Perpetually injured
    Contracted Jacob Kizer Disease.
  • Options
    fouchpotatofouchpotato Member Posts: 53
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited July 2020

If we line up @ Michigan in 2021 in consistent 2-3 TE sets and stuff it down their throats 80/20 run:pass ratio for an opening drive TD I might actually weep. Hopefully Donovan keeps it simple because the O just needs to be competent enough, the D should handle the rest. Fuck. If we indeed Kaho'd Yary -- who is a perfect fit for what our offense has been -- I might doog for the first time in a good fucking long while.

He'll be great for Oregon.

Thank you for this
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,827
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

With Thompson and Yary added to the roster, we're at 87 scholarships. Expect 2 couch sales before camp starts.

* denotes redshirt

We better get some badass Cb’s this cycle... eh, next cycle.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,973
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

With Thompson and Yary added to the roster, we're at 87 scholarships. Expect 2 couch sales before camp starts.

* denotes redshirt

Hopefully Spears and Jackson are contributors. Maybe they move Irvin to cb also. Safety is crowded with sophomores and he has the speed. Don’t know about quickness and agility though.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,611
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

* denotes redshirt

Hopefully Spears and Jackson are contributors. Maybe they move Irvin to cb also. Safety is crowded with sophomores and he has the speed. Don’t know about quickness and agility though.
    Irvin was a little ahead of Gordon at corner as a true fresh IIRC. I think he's been talked about at safety more than corner since then because there has been less depth at safety.
  • Options
    DawgDaze71DawgDaze71 Member Posts: 703
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    chuck said:

* denotes redshirt

Irvin was a little ahead of Gordon at corner as a true fresh IIRC. I think he's been talked about at safety more than corner since then because there has been less depth at safety.
    How’d Irvin get dinged up? Shoulder?
  • Options
    SonnyShackelfordSonnyShackelford Member Posts: 916
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    We should suddenly senior Cook and Pleasant
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,084
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Sta-tue! Sta-tue! Sta-tue! Sta-tue! Sta-tue! Sta-tue! Sta-tue! Sta-tue! Sta-tue! Sta-tue! Sta-tue! Sta-tue! Sta-tue! Sta-tue! Sta-tue! Sta-tue! Sta-tue! Sta-tue!

• Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,705

animate said:

https://www.si.com/college/usc/football/usc-morning-buzz-more-information-on-jack-yary-departure

USC Morning Buzz: More Information On Jack Yary Departure
    Incoming freshman was rare skill player for 2020 recruiting class
    By Scott Wolf , Jul 28, 2020

I've seen some speculation USC and tight end Jack Yary parted ways over an academic matter.

But a university source told me Yary received the necessary grade on a summer class and the decision to part ways came after he completed the class.

Yary may attend Washington now that USC is out of the picture.

So, it's implied that once yary got what he needed academically ... he told usc to fuck off?

They literally do not play tight ends. Either he just figured that out or they tried to move him to OT or defense.
    I wonder if with him being a legacy his dad was in on the Urban Meyer to USC haught talk. Then when SC stepped on their own dick and decided to keep Helton, Yary was gone, just gone. One of the more involved TBSer's can tell me if that timeline adds up.
    IIRC Helton being retained occurred prior to Yary committing and certainly prior to Yary signing?
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

animate said:

https://www.si.com/college/usc/football/usc-morning-buzz-more-information-on-jack-yary-departure

I've seen some speculation USC and tight end Jack Yary parted ways over an academic matter.

But a university source told me Yary received the necessary grade on a summer class and the decision to part ways came after he completed the class.

So, it's implied that once yary got what he needed academically ... he told usc to fuck off?

They literally do not play tight ends. Either he just figured that out or they tried to move him to OT or defense.
    I wonder if with him being a legacy his dad was in on the Urban Meyer to USC haught talk. Then when SC stepped on their own dick and decided to keep Helton, Yary was gone, just gone. One of the more involved TBSer's can tell me if that timeline adds up.
    Idk, Helton has more credibility that jimmy lake. He got the doog coveted 🌹 bowl victory. Something cut board Pete was not able to achieve
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,967
    Founders Club
    Baseman said:

animate said:

One look at SC's offensive scheme screams no future for a TE.

If Cato had been on Yary for a year, I think Yary would have signed with UW. Even this cynical skeptic has a soft spot for effort and Cato has it in spades.
    When I see a high effort guy, I like to say he's "got a great motor".
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,827
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

animate said:

No warning?
    @NoWarningJustDawg confirm?