Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Aaron Hernandez documentary

13»

Comments

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited January 2020

The Blades family accounted for 81% of the Canes off field issues post college career

Miami was called thugs for beating Notre Dame and liking it

Agreed. And 90% of the Blades off-field issues were family on family shit. Of course we all remember the manslaughter trial of Brian (who was the most quiet of the bunch) and the struggle with a cousin over a gun that went off. That was the story anyway.

I remember back in the day when Bennie and Brian played together, there were stories all the time about them fighting in practice. Apparently little Brian Blades, all 5'10" and 185 lbs. of him, was one of the few skill position players on the team that wasn't afraid of Bennie, who was a bit of a bully. They'd get into scraps in practice constantly for shit.

I recall an article in the Herald quoting Bennie after one of those ND shellackings saying something close to "Hey, I don't want to hear about it. I hit my brother in the mouth every day in practice and he has to take it. If he has to take it, they have to take it." And from all accounts he did knock Brian and Irvin and Perriman and all of them all over the fucking place like pin balls. Must've been a bitch practicing against those defenses ... Jimmy's M/O as a coach was to let them play hard in practice.

In the category of "people forget", Brian was one of the better receivers to come through the Hawks organization. He had a nice career here.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Haven't watched yet but someone spoil if his suicide indeed got his daughter the millions that were owed him. Also why the fuck did he murder Lloyd?

Those two questions are all that interest me on the story
  • Options

I did get some nice free pub as a 4th Gen 4 Runner owner.

Those of us who drive Sequoias call those Forskinners.

Sorry in advance.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Gladstone said:

Haven't watched yet but someone spoil if his suicide indeed got his daughter the millions that were owed him. Also why the fuck did he murder Lloyd?

Can someone answer this for me please or did the documentary not answer them?
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,614
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Gladstone said:

Gladstone said:

Can someone answer this for me please or did the documentary not answer them?
    It did not answer.
  • Options

I did get some nice free pub as a 4th Gen 4 Runner owner.

Those of us who drive Sequoias call those Forskinners.

Sorry in advance.
    Hurtful. You know I'm pour and I drive home on Aurora.

Only my wife gets to have nice things.

PS @creepycoug Sequias are for pretend rich. If you were real rich you'd have a Landcruiser.
    You know the story behind this.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,244
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

The Blades family accounted for 81% of the Canes off field issues post college career

I watched that game with my dad and Grandpa in Longview when I was a kid. The score was either 58-0 or 58-7. Dad and Grandpa enjoyed that one, as they both hated Notre Dame.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,044
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I watched that game with my dad and Grandpa in Longview when I was a kid. The score was either 58-0 or 58-7. Dad and Grandpa enjoyed that one, as they both hated Notre Dame.
    I was a catholic schoolboy and I have always hated Notre Dame. Everyone does.
    Hell, my father in law went to ND and even he hates them.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,606
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    What a fucking weirdo. Glad he's dead.