Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

5th star

TheironshiekTheironshiek Member Posts: 167
5 Awesomes First Comment Name Dropper 5 Up Votes
Manning is now the 3rd 5 star player for the Ducks this class.

Comments

• Options
    DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited January 2020
    Moves 2020 recruiting class team ranking up to #11
  • Options
    DawgDaze71DawgDaze71 Member Posts: 705
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Manning is NOT a 5 star. LOL stop smoking crack
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Look at this dudes horrible feet. He's trying to cover a simple come back route and can't get his feet straight.
  • Options

Look at this dudes horrible feet. He's trying to cover a simple come back route and can't get his feet straight.

https://n.rivals.com/news/ua-all-america-game-week-the-farrell-awards

And Rivals had him rated lower than any other board.
  • Options
    Some people would be well advised to read their links completely before they post them.
  • Options
    TheironshiekTheironshiek Member Posts: 167
    5 Awesomes First Comment Name Dropper 5 Up Votes
    I actually agree with him being a 4, the person who I think will have the biggest impact not named Flowe next year on D is Bennett Williams.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,194
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

• Options
    edited January 2020

I actually agree with him being a 4, the person who I think will have the biggest impact not named Flowe next year on D is Bennett Williams.

4 or 5 star, dissing Manning as not very good like some of theses idiots is ridiculous.

Bennett Williams impresses me almost more than anyone in the classnot named Flowe or Sewell. He is an absolute Beast who started for a power 5 program and made the National all freshman team.He hits like a ton of bricks.😁👍🏻

I was praying he would commit to us all throughout the recruiting process.

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,194
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I just hope Oregon's blue chip players are as good as our blue chip players

8-5
  • Options
    So for reference I watched Derek Stingley Jr Hudl before watching Manning. First thing that pops off is Stingley's size and physicality. He's out there laying kids out. With Manning I see very thin legs and struggles in run support. Stingley Jr is a generational player...I get that but tossing 5 Starts out to kids lacking such physical gifts doesn't feel right either.

Watching Manning's highlights on YT i'm seeing the same issues with breaking down on a WR curl route. If the QB had the throw on time it's an easy completion. Last play of the video has Manning getting caught looking into the backfield and the WR opening up a lot of separation with the QB again missing the throw. This will a good kid for nickel to start and as he physically matures and gets coached up he's a solid player.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-Y8cBM--ew

Referenced plays start at about 1:30
  • Options
    lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    247 said Manning looked great all week long in the AA week. This has been a long time coming. One rep is not demonstrative of someone’s talent.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    lawsandl said:

247 said Manning looked great all week long in the AA week. This has been a long time coming. One rep is not demonstrative of someone’s talent.

They can’t accept that any Duck is good.

Remember:

Sewell is too fat. He will never be a linebacker.

Herbert is horrible. He doesn’t even compare to Eason.

Verdell is a crappy RB

Oregon’s defensive backfield is not even in the same league as Washington’s defensive backfield.

Oregon’s 2019 team is trash. Washington is going to run them out of Husky stadium on their way to the Pac12 Championship and the Rosebowl or National Championship playoff.

• Options

So for reference I watched Derek Stingley Jr Hudl before watching Manning. First thing that pops off is Stingley's size and physicality. He's out there laying kids out. With Manning I see very thin legs and struggles in run support. Stingley Jr is a generational player...I get that but tossing 5 Starts out to kids lacking such physical gifts doesn't feel right either.

Watching Manning's highlights on YT i'm seeing the same issues with breaking down on a WR curl route. If the QB had the throw on time it's an easy completion. Last play of the video has Manning getting caught looking into the backfield and the WR opening up a lot of separation with the QB again missing the throw. This will a good kid for nickel to start and as he physically matures and gets coached up he's a solid player.

Lolz.

Thin legs. Roger.
  • Options
    DJDuck said:

lawsandl said:

They can’t accept that any Duck is good.

Remember:

Sewell is too fat. He will never be a linebacker.

Herbert is horrible. He doesn’t even compare to Eason.

Verdell is a crappy RB

Oregon’s defensive backfield is not even in the same league as Washington’s defensive backfield.

Oregon’s 2019 team is trash. Washington is going to run them out of Husky stadium on their way to the Pac12 Championship and the Rosebowl or National Championship playoff.

As ridiculous as you are, there is some truth to this post.

Still, get used to seeing this in media stories about your coach for the next several months:

• Options
    edited January 2020
  • Options
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Oh well, we'll just have to beat your ass again next year and win the conference with our overrated recruits.
  • Options
    DJDuck said:

You know, it doesn't take much to turn those Os into one of these:

That's right gentlemen. That's Ed Reed in the middle of an NFL football game throwing up the U.

Here he is on Sunday Night Football, doing the same thang:

How cool is that? You won't find this level of cool and history up in the rainy azz PNW.

Come on down and meet up with Crisco (inevitable) and be part of this history.

South Beach. Better weather. Hotter chix. Waaaay better football pipeline to the League.