Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

5th star

13»

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,068
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    DJDuck said:

That all you got punk?

• Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,668
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    The Miami Hurricanes are equivalent to the Chicago Bulls and Dallas Cowboys. Name brand teams that haven't been relevant in 20 years. Creep is living in the past as much as any UW fan. Probably more so because Miami had several periods of success at the highest level, which makes The U fans even more delusional thinking things will return to how they used to be.

Signed,

A Dallas Cowboys fan.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

The Miami Hurricanes are equivalent to the Chicago Bulls and Dallas Cowboys. Name brand teams that haven't been relevant in 20 years. Creep is living in the past as much as any UW fan. Probably more so because Miami had several periods of success at the highest level, which makes The U fans even more delusional thinking things will return to how they used to be.

Signed,

A Dallas Cowboys fan.

Iron Laws bitch. We? have one of the, arguably the, most fertile backyard in the land. That's where it starts. Coaching is where it ends.

Just need a coach.

Boom! Facts. Cook it.
  • Options
    DJDuck said:

That all you got punk?

I'm just getting started with you.

• Options
    PandaOrangeChiknDuckPandaOrangeChiknDuck Member Posts: 545
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited January 2020

Signed,

A Dallas Cowboys fan.

Iron Laws bitch. We? have one of the, arguably the, most fertile backyard in the land. That's where it starts. Coaching is where it ends.

Just need a coach.

Boom! Facts. Cook it.
    Not real easy. Just ask Texas

• Options
    edited January 2020

Signed,

A Dallas Cowboys fan.

Just need a coach.

Boom! Facts. Cook it.
    Not real easy. Just ask Texas

Texas has had forever to deal with it. They haven't been elite basically for 95% of my youth and 99.9% of my adult life.

Miami hasn't been this bad for long, and it was a mere 18 years ago they were playing for their second title in a row, and they didn't start sucking right after that game.

Miami has historically been a place for coaches to go make it big and move on to the NFL or something. Those are my favorite coaches. Guysms who are hungry and moving forward in their lives as aggressively as they can. Think about it. We? get one of those, and the way the system works there is always one of those, and we're? a bully again.

The one who confounded me was Golden. He fit the bill. Made Temple respectable, a herculean task if there ever was one, and was young and could have used Miami to level up in his career. I will never understand why he was so bad down there, but bad he was. Horrible even. One could argue it was he, and not Randy Shannon, who dug the deep hole into which Miami has fallen. Shannon at least had some big wins here and there, like beating a top 10 Oklahoma and top 20 Tex A&M . He also beat Florida State when they were Florida State, and he'd surprise you here and there, like when they beat Va. Tech in a year they won the ACC. But he'd lose to Cal in a loser bowl game in SF and then get spanked, I mean SPANKED, by fucking Virginia. Virginia!!!!!! Where the smart kids go. JFC.

Golden had none of those kinds of victories, and he had some fucking talent with which to work ... guys who are still playing in the NFL. How can you be that shitty in the ACC? It's almost like it was some Penn State conspiracy to send him down there and fuck us up. Honestly he was so bad it was bewildering and I used to wonder if he was doing it on purpose. Shannon wasn't that bad, and he was bad.
  • Options
    TheironshiekTheironshiek Member Posts: 167
    5 Awesomes First Comment Name Dropper 5 Up Votes
    What just happened?
  • Options
    IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

DJDuck said:

That all you got punk?

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I learned something watching the multi part history of football in the south on the SEC Network produced by ESPN Films which remains a great brand

Tennessee won the natty in 1998 after a few years of Manning and losing to Florida. Ever wonder why they are considered elite or were? Pre 1960 they won multiple titles both conference and national.

Texas hasn't done shit since Darrell Royal other than Vince yet are a blue blood. Allegedly

There are numerous examples of that. The SEC won a lot of natties pre 1960 when the writers finally stopped voting for all white teams. Except Bama. Post 1990 the fully integrated SEC has a lot of natties

Miami is one of the few teams from the past 50 years to earn a reputation. Notre Dame and the rest are 30 years removed.

Florida and Florida State are also modern dynasties. The whole blue blood discussion needs to be revisited
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    To clarify the blue bloods we have today were made blue by the Greatest Generation and baby boomer kids. Whether they still deserve it or not

And like it or not they still pull ratings and nothing else matters
  • Options

To clarify the blue bloods we have today were made blue by the Greatest Generation and baby boomer kids. Whether they still deserve it or not

And like it or not they still pull ratings and nothing else matters

Yep.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,194
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    DJDuck said:

lawsandl said:

247 said Manning looked great all week long in the AA week. This has been a long time coming. One rep is not demonstrative of someone’s talent.

They can’t accept that any Duck is good.

Remember:

Sewell is too fat. He will never be a linebacker.

Herbert is horrible. He doesn’t even compare to Eason.

Verdell is a crappy RB

Oregon’s defensive backfield is not even in the same league as Washington’s defensive backfield.

Oregon’s 2019 team is trash. Washington is going to run them out of Husky stadium on their way to the Pac12 Championship and the Rosebowl or National Championship playoff.

Link to any one of those made up quotes?

More lies on this board....shocker
  • Options
    HuskyJW said:

DJDuck said:

lawsandl said:

247 said Manning looked great all week long in the AA week. This has been a long time coming. One rep is not demonstrative of someone’s talent.

Remember:

Verdell is a crappy RB

Oregon’s defensive backfield is not even in the same league as Washington’s defensive backfield.

Oregon’s 2019 team is trash. Washington is going to run them out of Husky stadium on their way to the Pac12 Championship and the Rosebowl or National Championship playoff.

Well, to be fair, a lot of it came from Ballz. And you don't have to hunt for long to find a plethora of quotes generally aimed at suggesting Herbert sucks. I don't recall anybody saying Verdell sucked. I think somebody actually did say that Washington DBs were more elite than Oregon's.

Like I said, DJ is a glue eater, but this particular post is not far off point.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

HuskyJW said:

DJDuck said:

lawsandl said:

Remember:

Verdell is a crappy RB

Well, to be fair, a lot of it came from Ballz. And you don't have to hunt for long to find a plethora of quotes generally aimed at suggesting Herbert sucks. I don't recall anybody saying Verdell sucked. I think somebody actually did say that Washington DBs were more elite than Oregon's.

Moist of the Herbert sucks posts came from @MikeSeaver but still we all had our share.
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,142
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited January 2020
    HuskyJW said:

DJDuck said:

lawsandl said:

Remember:

Verdell is a crappy RB

The dude is insane. He's the one who said that Dontae Manning is better than every DB on UW's roster, and his reaction to getting called out on that dumbfuckery is to make up a passive aggressive statement like "Oregon’s defensive backfield is not even in the same league as Washington’s defensive backfield."

He's the one who made the stupid fucking sweeping absolute comment about DBs. How do you argue with someone who doesn't know how stupid they are?

It's like arguing with a child, huge emotional swings, absurd hot takes, and the complete and utter lack of maturity to be able to recognize his own hyperbolic nonsense. It's sad, really.

tldr: @DJDuck is a dumb fuck hypocrite with no @Ballz
  • Options

HuskyJW said:

DJDuck said:

lawsandl said:

Remember:

Verdell is a crappy RB

Moist of the Herbert sucks posts came from @MikeSeaver but still we all had our share.
    Agreed. Should have added the Duck "Herbert sucks!" crowd outnumbered their DAWG! counterparts 2 to 1. Or something.