Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

I'm glad Clemson is losing because

2»

Comments

• SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004

SECDAWG said:

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

Dabo is a revivalist tent preacher motherfucker

Uncle baby billy lookin ass
    Whatever

Dabo good peeps. FO
    DABO GOOD AT EVERYTHING!!
    He is relative. Here. May be not so much there. Prolly a alien.
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    dnc said:

Missing my point big time

What I was getting at was that slavery was part of society for Centuries ... so holding the South up (particularly today) for what happened there 150 years ago I just don't get the point. It's part of the past ... thankfully not part of the present and hopefully not part of the future.

I'm sure there are idiots down there that subscribe to the "South Will Rise Again" and would love for slavery. Fuck those people. But making people today in the South feel guilty about what their great great great grandfather did 150+ years ago ... that's stupid too. And there is plenty of pride in those people that they aren't going to disrespect that relative even if they disagree with them.

Anybody that has taken anything I've said as supporting slavery is insanely idiotic ... nothing could be further from the truth.

But at the same time, there's this need and desire in this country to look backwards instead of looking forward. Solving problems requires understanding the past (and the hard truths about it) to find solutions for the future. The past isn't going to change. Striking the past from memory isn't going to change the future.

This might be the single worst tweet I’ve read on Twitter in a long time ... and there have been some terrible ones I’ve read recently
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,202

dnc said:

Missing my point big time

What I was getting at was that slavery was part of society for Centuries ... so holding the South up (particularly today) for what happened there 150 years ago I just don't get the point. It's part of the past ... thankfully not part of the present and hopefully not part of the future.

I'm sure there are idiots down there that subscribe to the "South Will Rise Again" and would love for slavery. Fuck those people. But making people today in the South feel guilty about what their great great great grandfather did 150+ years ago ... that's stupid too. And there is plenty of pride in those people that they aren't going to disrespect that relative even if they disagree with them.

Anybody that has taken anything I've said as supporting slavery is insanely idiotic ... nothing could be further from the truth.

But at the same time, there's this need and desire in this country to look backwards instead of looking forward. Solving problems requires understanding the past (and the hard truths about it) to find solutions for the future. The past isn't going to change. Striking the past from memory isn't going to change the future.

This might be the single worst tweet I’ve read on Twitter in a long time ... and there have been some terrible ones I’ve read recently
    I don't know the context of this, but what, exactly, is the problem here?
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,592
    edited January 2020
    SECDAWG said:

SECDAWG said:

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

Whatever

Dabo good peeps. FO
    Hates the thought of poor black kids getting paid so much (while he takes in millions), he threatens to quit if cfb players are ever paid.

Sounds like a great dude.

ntxduck said:

SECDAWG said:

SECDAWG said:

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

Whatever

Dabo good peeps. FO
    Hates the thought of poor black kids getting paid so much (while he takes in millions), he threatens to quit if cfb players are ever paid.

Sounds like a great dude.

He is. They love him.

edited January 2020
    Lol. Lordy mercy. Bless your heart creepy.
  • dooginthehalldooginthehall Member Posts: 182
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,988
    Helps Miami IMO.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,988
    SECDAWG said:

Lol. Lordy mercy. Bless your heart creepy.

That's not helping. Can't even give you a nice try.

I want J back damn it! This guy sucks something fierce.
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,744
    There is a University of Louisiana-Monroe and a University of Louisiana-Lafayette but no University of Louisiana.

Now ask yourself why...