Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Cal - UW Gamethread

2»

Comments

• Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited January 2020
    Bey should/has been asked to do ONE JOB!, stand in the corner and shoot threes and he still cant do it.

Bey has made more than 1 3PT in a game ONCE this year (south dakota)... Other than that he is currently shooting worse than fucking Hamier Wright which is mind blowing. 27% 3PT for the season. (2-11 in the last 5 games)

Speaking of... whenever the ball goes into the low post to Stewart all our players immediately stop moving or back-peddle to outside of the top of the three point line taking themselves out of a scoring position. I cant remember the last time we moved the ball inside and then back out for a open corner 3 attempt.

Wright is near worthless, he tries to play like a spot up 3pt big but has a horrible shot... He is a 6'9" forward that has a 28% shooting percentage because he is a disaster with the ball in his hands and refuses to play like an actual forward near the basket.

We now are a shitty switch man defense team... because the players are too dumb, too lazy, or too dumb and lazy to actually play the zone defense properly... But hey!!!! they have really long wingspans than can go across the court so thats cool.

Also fucking just play Battle at this point, he cant be worse.
  • Options
    LongDukDongLongDukDong Member Posts: 1,208
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary

From Hop’s first two classes, he has one player worth a shit in Naz. That’s it. You need two or three good players in every class to sustain a program. Hop has failed at that and has 0 commits for this current class. I guess J’raan Brooks can count.

We put all our eggs into Stewart, McDaniels, and Green for this year and we are going to come out with a very unhealthy program as a result of it.

I drank the kool-aid and regret it. I even though that next year Hop could piece together a bubble type team. If I had to predict now, we will finish 9th or worse next year in the PAC 12. This is ugly. I think it’s more likely Hop is on the hot seat after next year than not.

Try 9th or worse this year. Next year will be far worse, maybe 11th. Total cluster
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,894
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    One thing that shouldnt be overlooked is the possibility we could see several players transfer out after this year in addition to McDaniels and Stewart leaving. It's clear these kids are not having fun out there and are also not developing.

We could be going into next season with like an extremely small roster of shitty players
  • Options
    BroadcastingDawgBroadcastingDawg Member Posts: 1,245
    edited January 2020

One thing that shouldnt be overlooked is the possibility we could see several players transfer out after this year in addition to McDaniels and Stewart leaving. It's clear these kids are not having fun out there and are also not developing.

We could be going into next season with like an extremely small roster of shitty players

I could see Hamier and Elijah Hardy transferring... Hamier sort of like Jernard Jerreau did. Hardy because he's in year 2 and already is sitting on the bench over Jamal Bey who isn't a point guard.

1. Green.......Backup: Tsohonis

2. Bey...........Backup: Battle

3. Naz..........Backup: Bey, Brooks

4. Roberts....Backup: Brooks

5. BPJ...........Backup: Roberts

(the backups are basically different rotations)
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    Why would Hamier transfer? He gets a shit load of playing time.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,440
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    No one can shoot.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2020
    Houhusky said:

From Hop’s first two classes, he has one player worth a shit in Naz. That’s it. You need two or three good players in every class to sustain a program. Hop has failed at that and has 0 commits for this current class. I guess J’raan Brooks can count.

We put all our eggs into Stewart, McDaniels, and Green for this year and we are going to come out with a very unhealthy program as a result of it.

I drank the kool-aid and regret it. I even though that next year Hop could piece together a bubble type team. If I had to predict now, we will finish 9th or worse next year in the PAC 12. This is ugly. I think it’s more likely Hop is on the hot seat after next year than not.

Even Naz hasnt been developed like he should be at this point.

Naz should be a lot closer to Zach Lavine than he is and he hasnt really got much better over the years. He is still just an out of control super athlete that doesn't really know how to play basketball.

I’m not saying he’s really good, but he’s the only one that could contribute to a league title winner. Bey, Wright, Hardy, etc all shouldn’t of wouldn’t play more than 5-10 min as the 9th man on a good team. Too early to say on Roberts.

The real point is we should have 2-3 more good players that are sophomores or juniors.