Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Recruiting Questions?

Comments

• Options
    sonics1993sonics1993 Member Posts: 1,460
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I guess the reason why I heard no names for TE is because Jimmy just promoted from within.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,444
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I would love 10-2, but I’m guessing 8-4 is more likely.

I don't see how we'd go .500 against Michigan, at Oregon, at USC, and at Utah

I also wonder if we'll continue the tradition of the bizarre away game loss against inferior teams
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,572
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

I also wonder if we'll continue the tradition of the bizarre away game loss against inferior teams
    This is the question that I'm most interested in. If Donovan can match Bush's output (writing that makes me sick) and the defense takes the step we think it will then we should win 10 games next year. IF, we can avoid the mysterious let downs against shitty teams. This years team wins ten if they show up to beat Stanford and Colorado, not to mention they were playing with the lowest output defense since 2014. It's not a hard equation. I'm just not enthused with the idea of grinding out hard, ugly 26-17 wins every week. I prefer the plunger method.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,490
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Utah will suck. It's an embarrassment to those other teams to include them.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,907
    Standard Supporter
    @sonics1993 are you in agreement with Chester that being non-white should have been the top qualification for the OC and/or TE hire?

On a serious note

1- any other info on the GA "offer"? I'm assuming he's looking for a higher job than co defensive backs coach.

2- what do you know/think about Cato?

3- what % do you put as at for just Yary? (Not including Togiai)
  • Options
    WillyRBeekWillyRBeek Member Posts: 133

This is the question that I'm most interested in. If Donovan can match Bush's output (writing that makes me sick) and the defense takes the step we think it will then we should win 10 games next year. IF, we can avoid the mysterious let downs against shitty teams. This years team wins ten if they show up to beat Stanford and Colorado, not to mention they were playing with the lowest output defense since 2014. It's not a hard equation. I'm just not enthused with the idea of grinding out hard, ugly 26-17 wins every week. I prefer the plunger method.
    Washington is really the wild card in the Pac-12 next year I think. I can see them being as good as conference champs, or as bad as 7-5, and it's really going to come down to what the new offense looks like. Defensively they should have one of the, if not the best unit in the conference, and that should be good enough to keep them in every game so long as the offense is at least halfway competent. That's a mighty big if though, because the offensive side of the ball is littered with question marks from top to bottom, at each position and in terms of coaching.
  • Options
    DawgDaze71DawgDaze71 Member Posts: 704
    @WillyRBeek I disagree a bit here. Our offense is going to be shaky and shaky offenses don't travel well. I think we lose 3 games minimum and 5 games maximum. What's going to determine our success is Defense. It's one thing we can reliably expect to travel. I don't care if we lose the Michigan game as much as the importance of playing physical. If the message is sent that you have a dawgfight coming to your stadium when the boys show up I like our changes to go 2-2 during our road game conference stretch while the Offense jells for the last half of the season with a lot of home games.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

@WillyRBeek I disagree a bit here. Our offense is going to be shaky and shaky offenses don't travel well. I think we lose 3 games minimum and 5 games maximum. What's going to determine our success is Defense. It's one thing we can reliably expect to travel. I don't care if we lose the Michigan game as much as the importance of playing physical. If the message is sent that you have a dawgfight coming to your stadium when the boys show up I like our changes to go 2-2 during our road game conference stretch while the Offense jells for the last half of the season with a lot of home games.

We are going to lose 6 games next year
  • Options

You're absolutely correct about offenses not travelling as well as defenses, but thankfully for the Huskies, their first 3 games are in Seattle, and 2 of them they should win fairly easily as long as the offense isn't a complete horror show, so that should hopefully give the offense a bit of a chance to gel before hitting the road.
    On paper, from a standpoint of how they've recruited, the Huskies should be pretty good on the offensive side of the ball, but how those players have/will be developed, what the play calling is going to look like, how said players are going to be utilized, is all up in the air right now. Like I said, a lot of question marks.
    That 4 game road trip, against what should arguably be their 4 toughest conference opponents, is what's going to make or break this season for the Huskies.
  • Options
    sonics1993sonics1993 Member Posts: 1,460

@sonics1993 are you in agreement with Chester that being non-white should have been the top qualification for the OC and/or TE hire?

On a serious note

1- any other info on the GA "offer"? I'm assuming he's looking for a higher job than co defensive backs coach.

2- what do you know/think about Cato?

3- what % do you put as at for just Yary? (Not including Togiai)

- He wants to call plays and Jimmy isn’t screwing over Coach K for that
    - That he’s an analyst and apparently our new TE coach
    - 75% right now if it’s between us, UCLA and USC. If schools like ASU and Oregon jump in then that decreases.

Under those conditions, fare thee well, GA, we didn’t want you anyway.
    Don’t know where the GA rumors started but it was never happening
  • Options
    DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,017
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    I think 7 wins unless we get a grad transfer QB. The fact is that none of the dudes on the roster last year were even close to being on Haener's level.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,982
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    We will be good on defense. Offense will suck.
  • Options
    So is basketball recruiting covered on this board at all?
    I'm wondering because a lot has been made of the 2021 class in the state of Washington for football, but the 2021 basketball class is also the best class Washington has had in a very long time.
    Just wondering what kind of chance the Huskies have at landing some of these guys.