Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

OC position

Comments

• Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,359
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dannarc said:

I would be fine with hiring Moore. The association with Pete thing is FS as FS gets. Win the conference every few years, put yourself in position to have a shot at a playoff spot and maybe.....just maybe...win a natty once every 30 decades. Or we can be the fan base that expects natties every year and when we don't get it, we act like complete pricks and make the program a faith based dooged out aids shelter

So, yeah, LIPO

I would prefer to be younger than 357 when UW next wins a natty. (BTW, I like to say “natty” when referring to the national championship. I do that.)
  • Options
    BendDawg24BendDawg24 Member Posts: 35
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Will Hall from Tulane is another interesting option. Their season just ended tonight.

https://www.nola.com/sports/article_97d913da-3818-5784-876d-496483d9a25d.amp.html
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    FireCohen said:

If Kellen Moore had nothing to do with Pete, people would be excited about him. They would think : great college QB, was given the QB coach job when he was cut, promoted to coordinator after one year. Then, the Cowboys offense performed pretty well in that one year. But because he once played for Pete, he sucks and is a failure.

It’s stupid. A lot of teams (even good ones) would be happy with hiring him as a coordinator. Internet UW fans are not because he has some association with Pete. He has no association when it comes to coaching. I don’t know who they think we are getting as OC.

They spout bullshit like Bama or LSU wouldn’t do this when LSU hired a complete unknown guy (that wasn’t even OC, just brought the spread) and Bama cycles thru OC’s every year. Locksley (one of the worst head coaches in college football), Daboll (fired in KC in 2012, a position coach in the NFL), Sark, etc. I honestly don’t know who would be considered good enough or acceptable for this job. Coordinators are always fired head coaches, guys making a jump from a lower tier school, or guys that are getting a promotion, or guys leaving a bad situation (like Wilcox).

I’m just tired of the complaining just to complain. Complain when the offense sucks. There is nothing to complain about until then or make rash judgements that our program is fucked.

did the cowboys make the playoffs? there was a material drop off in offensive production when cowboys played decent teams. so forgive if we are skeptical off him. he has too much of a pete stench for my liking.
    FUCK OFF !!!
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

dnc said:

FireCohen said:

@dnc how do you maintain your optimism? this is falling apart

Nothing is falling apart, he hasn't hired anyone yet.

For all we know his hire is QB coaching an NFL playoff team right now.

I'm not going to panic until we at least know who the dude is.

@dnc your opinion shows just how immature you are, those of us who are actual Husky Alums know to trust Jen and Coach Lake in the process of hiring the right OC not just the one most popular on social media. If you don’t care for the process you’re welcome to root for UO
    Do I detect a hint of sarcasm?
    More likely blacked-out drunkenism.

Remember where you are CC.
  • Options

What we need is a OC that can (1) install an effective and explosive offense, (2) make in-game adjustments, and (3) call a game.

Recruiting would be a nice bonus, but that should be the least of our worries for an OC. I would rather we make sure we have an OC that can do those first 3 things than one that can recruit and only has 2 of those 3. Keep in mind that Jimmy Lake is our HC now and will be helping recruit offensive players, and that we have other assistants that can assist with Kellen until he gets his feet under him on the recruiting trail and establishing those relationships with high schools.

If Moore can do those first 3 things in his first year, he will be a successful hire for Lake.

Explosive is such a Pete word. Aside from that, Agree.
  • Options
    DawgDaze71DawgDaze71 Member Posts: 705
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Will Hall from Tulane is another interesting option. Their season just ended tonight.

https://www.nola.com/sports/article_97d913da-3818-5784-876d-496483d9a25d.amp.html

I love that he comes off as observant. Tulane's offensive numbers are decent. Not as high powered as Memphis or SMU let alone UCF but Tulane
    isn't known as a football powerhouse even by smaller Group of 5 status. I'd say he's worth a look to see if he's interested in taking the next leap

AAC 2019 Conference Stats

• Options

What we need is a OC that can (1) install an effective and explosive offense, (2) make in-game adjustments, and (3) call a game.

Recruiting would be a nice bonus, but that should be the least of our worries for an OC. I would rather we make sure we have an OC that can do those first 3 things than one that can recruit and only has 2 of those 3. Keep in mind that Jimmy Lake is our HC now and will be helping recruit offensive players, and that we have other assistants that can assist with Kellen until he gets his feet under him on the recruiting trail and establishing those relationships with high schools.

If Moore can do those first 3 things in his first year, he will be a successful hire for Lake.

I don’t give a shit if the OC doesn’t recruit at all. We need the best offense possible. We don’t need him wasting his time recruiting other than sporadically getting on the phone and when the recruits come and visit. The position coaches can recruit and the OC can close them by having a team that is exciting and puts up a lot of points.
    No.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Coker was high on this guy and he looks pretty decent.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

FireCohen said:

If Kellen Moore had nothing to do with Pete, people would be excited about him. They would think : great college QB, was given the QB coach job when he was cut, promoted to coordinator after one year. Then, the Cowboys offense performed pretty well in that one year. But because he once played for Pete, he sucks and is a failure.

It’s stupid. A lot of teams (even good ones) would be happy with hiring him as a coordinator. Internet UW fans are not because he has some association with Pete. He has no association when it comes to coaching. I don’t know who they think we are getting as OC.

They spout bullshit like Bama or LSU wouldn’t do this when LSU hired a complete unknown guy (that wasn’t even OC, just brought the spread) and Bama cycles thru OC’s every year. Locksley (one of the worst head coaches in college football), Daboll (fired in KC in 2012, a position coach in the NFL), Sark, etc. I honestly don’t know who would be considered good enough or acceptable for this job. Coordinators are always fired head coaches, guys making a jump from a lower tier school, or guys that are getting a promotion, or guys leaving a bad situation (like Wilcox).

I’m just tired of the complaining just to complain. Complain when the offense sucks. There is nothing to complain about until then or make rash judgements that our program is fucked.

did the cowboys make the playoffs? there was a material drop off in offensive production when cowboys played decent teams. so forgive if we are skeptical off him. he has too much of a pete stench for my liking.
    FUCK OFF !!!
    Ok
  • Options
    KingChinookKingChinook Member Posts: 4
    I’m confused, we didn’t hire Nicole Van Dyke to call plays? I heard her offense was bananas at Penn
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    FireCohen said:

FireCohen said:

That fine, but we are gonna Doog about the OC if the Browns and Bucs that never made the playoffs? Tbh, I want Monken over Moore, but it’s all stupid.
    not stupid, but the off season. you know how this shit goes
    That's why I'm always impressed with you. You don't take an off season from stupid.
  • Options
    UDubHusky23UDubHusky23 Member Posts: 889
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,547
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Everyone is waiting on Oregon to make their hire