Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

OC position

Comments

• Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,985
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited January 2020

Not sure why people hate Kellen Moore. The Cowboys had the 2nd ranked DVOA offense in the league while also having the most dropped passes and a QB who was half retarded at punching it in in the red zone. It’s not a miracle hire by any means but LIPO worthy.

It feels like some people are hoping we hire Bill Bellicheck.

The fear with Moore is it is more of the same offense. I think he has some of the responsibility for dak developing. If you think dak sucks that would be a reason for concern.

I think he would be good with quarterbacks but i am concerned about him not being super experienced. What would the oline look like snot vs the teams with complicated blitz schemes like Stanford or cu? Bush was in so far over his head.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited January 2020
    TheHB said:

Not sure why people hate Kellen Moore. The Cowboys had the 2nd ranked DVOA offense in the league while also having the most dropped passes and a QB who was half retarded at punching it in in the red zone. It’s not a miracle hire by any means but LIPO worthy.

We’ve seen plenty full-retarded play in the red zone, so perhaps half-retarded should be our (!) goal.
    And Jimmy Lake is? The Cowboys offense didn’t run a thing like UWs last year.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,337
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

TheHB said:

We’ve seen plenty full-retarded play in the red zone, so perhaps half-retarded should be our (!) goal.
    And Jimmy Lake is? The Cowboys offense didn’t run a thing like UWs last year.
    JimmyLakeiswhat?
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

The fear with Moore is it is more of the same offense. I think he has some of the responsibility for dak developing. If you think dak sucks that would be a reason for concern.

I think he would be good with quarterbacks but i am concerned about him not being super experienced. What would the oline look like snot vs the teams with complicated blitz schemes like Stanford or cu? Bush was in so far over his head.
    Dak is solid overall. He was just shaky in the red zone but as I said still managed to have the 2nd best offense in the NFL. I think his experience is concerning too but he did pretty good in the NFL in his first season does that mean it translates to college? Maybe

I understand skepticism I just don’t understand full blown meltdown. Maybe I read too many of TSIO crew tweets.
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

To me, it doesn't feel an injection of new ideas.

ATBS, I really don't know a fucking thing about coordinators out there, much less NFL ones.

I'm just here for the freak outs.
    Because he played for Petersen 8 years ago?
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

I don’t know why the bdtw crew is in such a rush. What the fuck are we rushing for anyways?

There are still some good names out there but nobody wants sloppy seconds. Moorehead would be cataclysmic, Moore would leave me listening to Morrisey with a belt around my neck. Oregon still
    needs a guy but im not sure if we’re actually competing with them for the same hires. The NFL guy still playing idea holds some water but not much imo.
    I would rather LIPO and get the right guy then rush to hire someone. I know everyone else would too, but there are still a lot of coaching moves to be made in the NFL and guys will become available. Probably a couple in college too.

We are going to hate the hire. Either he will have been fired from somewhere, inexperienced, or been unimpressive at one of his stops. It’s basically the ultimate LIPO scenario. We suck on offense until we don’t. Same for QB.

We all hated sizzle and off-season natty’s. It made us thankful we got Pete. Now it seems like the bdtw craves it (in more than one way) and it’s really fucking annoying.
    Had Jimmy hired a guy right away, the exact same people bitching about him waiting too long would be bitching that he shot his load too quickly instead of waiting to see who became available. Clear sign of a guy in over his head.
    @Swaye true? you are an expert at shooting your load too quickly
  • Options
    BonedogBonedog Member Posts: 650
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Fuck it's Moore
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,623
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Dak got better with Moore. To go right from player, to QB coach, to coordinator is impressive. You don’t see that often. Obviously he was thought of very highly.

I don’t think he would run Pete’s offense. I would take Monken over him because of Monken’s success at OK State and Southern Miss, but Moore could be really good. It would be a high upside hire.

Huard is basically a bigger and better Moore. He seems like a perfect guy to groom him. Moore is young, he has credibility, and he probably would be a guy that kids would relate to. Hating the idea of him is strange. There are a lot of positives about him and why he would be a good hire.

He has one year at OC and not in college.

He has never recruited that I know of and has no connections.

UW fans have PTSD from the Pete coaching tree. Granted, hes not really part of it and granted that a couple of coaches from that tree are really good.

I know there are some good signs here. He was a great college QB. Hes probably a cerebral type who can see through a brick wall given time. An ultra rich, high profile NFL franchise gave him his first OC job so there must be something impressive about him.

I just dont know. It's not an exciting hire for me. Too many questions exist. He might be amazing though.