Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Ahmed gone

Comments

• Options
    WillyRBeekWillyRBeek Member Posts: 133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Baseman said:

Talk about empty calories. My goodness will anyone even draft him? Running backs are devalued if they actually do great in college. What's the market for a part time back?

He has elite measurables and some team will take a 6th round pick or something on him

Couldnt hold a candle to Gaskin and his meh measurables
    Yep but Ahmed will show up at the Combine, weigh in a little over 200 lb and run at least a low 4.4. He'll interview well, some team will fall in love and think he's at worst a 15 carry a game back, can return kicks then draft him somewhere between the end of the third and fourth round.
    That seems high. Tape don’t lie and I don’t think he’s that much faster than a lot of backs. I could be wrong.
    Watch that 80something yard run he had against USC. As soon as he had a bit of daylight he was gone. The DB even had a decent angle on him and still couldn't run him down. I'd be shocked if he ran over a 4.45
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,623
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Baseman said:

Talk about empty calories. My goodness will anyone even draft him? Running backs are devalued if they actually do great in college. What's the market for a part time back?

He has elite measurables and some team will take a 6th round pick or something on him

Yep but Ahmed will show up at the Combine, weigh in a little over 200 lb and run at least a low 4.4. He'll interview well, some team will fall in love and think he's at worst a 15 carry a game back, can return kicks then draft him somewhere between the end of the third and fourth round.
    That seems high. Tape don’t lie and I don’t think he’s that much faster than a lot of backs. I could be wrong.
    Watch that 80something yard run he had against USC. As soon as he had a bit of daylight he was gone. The DB even had a decent angle on him and still couldn't run him down. I'd be shocked if he ran over a 4.45
    One DB had a good angle and almost closed on him. He may have if the field had been 10 yards longer.

That's at the end of a 90 yard run. Ahmed would have better 10, 20, and 30 yard splits than 60-90 from what I've seen. There wasnt a player on that field that would have tackled him if they had all started side by side at the 10 yard line. He was a streak for the first half of that run. That's the part that counts the most.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,949
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Ahmed is amazing outside the tackles. When he gets a seam it's over.

Dont ask him to run between the tackles. In the NFL he is going to get demolished. He gets lit up because he stops his feet. He never attacks tacklers

This.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,597
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    If he can eliminate studder stepping and staring at wide open holes he might be okay. If Boobie Williams from WSU couldn't get drafted hard believe amhed will. Boonie was a GOOD back.

He was also recruited as a DB so there's that.
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,606
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Baseman said:

chuck said:

Baseman said:

One DB had a good angle and almost closed on him. He may have if the field had been 10 yards longer.

That's at the end of a 90 yard run. Ahmed would have better 10, 20, and 30 yard splits than 60-90 from what I've seen. There wasnt a player on that field that would have tackled him if they had all started side by side at the 10 yard line. He was a streak for the first half of that run. That's the part that counts the most.
    Chris Steele. He flies. And yes, he had the angle and still couldn't catch Ahmed. Ahmed has everything--frame, speed, lateral quickness but he doesn't have IT.
    That run against USC is worth a draft pick. A lot of backs would kill for those 7 seconds.
  • Options
    BroadcastingDawgBroadcastingDawg Member Posts: 1,245
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited January 2020
    My question with Ahmed is how we never ran a formation where he's split out and takes a jet sweep... he could have been lethal there.

Instead we banged our heads against the wall over and over again watching him go down on first contact 99% of the time he touched the ball. Hamden and Pete really had no idea how to get him the ball in space. His speed was so often wasted.
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I'm very "Meh" about this as others have mentioned. Ahmed never did it for me, I found I was more frustrated with how he was being used and his inability to just let it rip most of the time. I always thought he tried to run like MMFG and it just didn't work for him.

He will always be a "what could have been" for me. Best of luck to him, if he thinks he can start making $$$ now, do it.
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    Baseman said:

if he does what you mentioned and show a consistent ability to catch the ball out of the backfield, he should have a few teams salivating.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,066
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Did he talk with Eugene Burkhalter?

He's not even the best back on the team. What makes him think he will make an NFL roster ?

@MikeDamone I was literally going to mention Eugene Burkhalter as well. This has Burkhalter written all over it.
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I've been consistent with my view of achmed since the beginning of last season. He is not an every down back. He does not like running between the tackles and HATES big contact. How many times have you seen him run the A gap and lower his shoulder in to the linebacker?

Having said that I agree with his decision to leave. At the beginning of this year Dick Newt was clearly becoming the #1 rb and his injury is the only reason achmed had a reasonably successful season. If he were to come back next year he would be competing for the backup carries.

• Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365

Did he talk with Eugene Burkhalter?

He's not even the best back on the team. What makes him think he will make an NFL roster ?

@MikeDamone I was literally going to mention Eugene Burkhalter as well. This has Burkhalter written all over it.
    Burkholter ran a 5.0. Vita Vea ran a 5.0 with a bad hammy
  • Options
    PenacePenace Member Posts: 494
    He is a 4th or a 5th round guy. He is going to look amazing in underwear. He could be a decent guy and should play in the league for a few years. Seems like an ideal change of pace and ko guy. Good luck to him.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    6th rounder. On a roster for 1-2 years. Practice Squad or XFL for the rest of his career.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,599
    Not a good rb. Undrafted.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    This bored is too low on him. He isn’t special but he was an above average Pac RB with talent our offense didn’t tap into.

We’ve just been spoiled as duck at RB the last decade and don’t realize what we had with Salvon.

He’ll be a weapon at the next level.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,599
    dnc said:

This bored is too low on him. He isn’t special but he was an above average Pac RB with talent our offense didn’t tap into.

We’ve just been spoiled as duck at RB the last decade and don’t realize what we had with Salvon.

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

doubt it.