Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

OT Couch sale

124»

Comments

• BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    TommySQC said:

Baseman said:

TommySQC said:

Fuck David Stern, Fuck Aubrey McClendon and fuck Clay Bennett.

Two out of three ain't bad.

So far.

You're missing Schultz.
    Howard Schultz is already dead to me.
    Do you not drink Starbucks to stick it to him?
    Forget the millions of dollars he generates for charity. Pissed off he sold HIS basketball team for the most money. How dare he!
    Only Howard claimed he had a higher $ offer(s) but sold the team to Clay Clay and Aubs because they committed they'd keep the Sonics in Seattle. Which they did.

Great benefactor, man.
    His decision. I don't give a fuck what he could have done or what anyone thinks he should have done. Why is this so hard? I get people are pissed but the Sonics are not owned by a public entity.
    You said he sold HIS team for the most money. He didn't. Had he taken the higher offer he would have had millions more to donate to charity. Your hero. Not mine
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,957
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Baseman said:

TommySQC said:

Baseman said:

TommySQC said:

So far.

You're missing Schultz.
    Forget the millions of dollars he generates for charity. Pissed off he sold HIS basketball team for the most money. How dare he!
    Only Howard claimed he had a higher $ offer(s) but sold the team to Clay Clay and Aubs because they committed they'd keep the Sonics in Seattle. Which they did.

Great benefactor, man.
    His decision. I don't give a fuck what he could have done or what anyone thinks he should have done. Why is this so hard? I get people are pissed but the Sonics are not owned by a public entity.
    You said he sold HIS team for the most money. He didn't. Had he taken the higher offer he would have had millions more to donate to charity. Your hero. Not mine
    Not every super hero wears a cape potd.
  • TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    My hero
    Baseman said:

TommySQC said:

Baseman said:

TommySQC said:

So far.

You're missing Schultz.

Great benefactor, man.
    ?
    Baseman said:

TommySQC said:

Baseman said:

TommySQC said:

So far.

You're missing Schultz.

Great benefactor, man.
    Baseman said:

TommySQC said:

Baseman said:

TommySQC said:

So far.

You're missing Schultz.

Great benefactor, man.
    My hero? Missed where I said that but okay. I'd that makes you feel better.

However, there are many here that call him a bitch and a punk that would have done same thing. People pretend that they had some ownership in the the Sonics and they didn't. It's sad and pathetic really and I guess I expected better from this group.

Guess not.
  • DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,017
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    TommySQC said:

My hero

Baseman said:

TommySQC said:

Baseman said:

TommySQC said:

So far.

You're missing Schultz.

Great benefactor, man.
    ?
    Baseman said:

TommySQC said:

Baseman said:

TommySQC said:

So far.

You're missing Schultz.

Great benefactor, man.
    Baseman said:

TommySQC said:

Baseman said:

TommySQC said:

So far.

You're missing Schultz.

Great benefactor, man.

However, there are many here that call him a bitch and a punk that would have done same thing. People pretend that they had some ownership in the the Sonics and they didn't. It's sad and pathetic really and I guess I expected better from this group.

Guess not.
    This guy loves Starbucks’ pumpkin spiced lattes.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    TommySQC said:

My hero

Baseman said:

TommySQC said:

Baseman said:

TommySQC said:

So far.

You're missing Schultz.

Great benefactor, man.
    ?
    Baseman said:

TommySQC said:

Baseman said:

TommySQC said:

So far.

You're missing Schultz.

Great benefactor, man.
    Baseman said:

TommySQC said:

Baseman said:

TommySQC said:

So far.

You're missing Schultz.

Great benefactor, man.

Guess not.
    He is a bitch and a punk.

Owning a sports franchise is not like owning a car. The city had just renovated the Key for him. To turn around and sell them to owners who were clearly going to move the team around was a dick move and shouldn't have been allowed.

There was plenty of money in Seattle to buy the team if they would have given it anytime at all.

Dude decided he was bored with his toy and screwed over the city in the process.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,653
    And fuck Ballmer too for not manning up and buying the team.

Rounding error on his net worth at the time.

• EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Attendance didn't fall until Wally Walker fucking stupid crashed the car

They were actually on the way back under Clay because they hired the Spurs guy and got KD and Westbrook

They would have sold out if they weren't in OKC

You mean to tell me they didn't hire PJ "Latrell Jr" Carlesimo to win games??
  • dtddtd Member Posts: 3,996
    Standard Supporter
    edited January 2020
    I fucking hate David Stern, he paved the way for every shitty ass thing there is about professional basketball today. The NBA is not basketball, it is a money making organization, so congrats Mr Stern, for making a bunch of rich people even richer while you gutted the values and meaning of decades upon decades of basketball. If he'd been the MLB commish batters would get 10 balls(huhuhuh) and parks would be 200 feet at center field. I look forward to watching canadian football the NBA for the next 40 years(JK I'll be dead in 5) thanks to you. Fuck.

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,693
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Emoterman said:

They were actually on the way back under Clay because they hired the Spurs guy and got KD and Westbrook

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Emoterman said:

Marcus Peters POTD
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,693
    Swaye's Wigwam
    L A still hates him too for Chris Paul not ending up a Laker

And allowing Sterling to keep the Clips for so long

Not a great legacy in LA either
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Emoterman said:

Remember when Spree worried how he'd feed his family when the NBA cap changed? I think he'd earned close to $50 million at that point. Anyways, it was a lot so I'm assuming he had a lot of kids.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,386
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    They should build a statue for Stern in OKC.