Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Ryan Day seems ticked off about controversial calls by referees in Ohio State loss

2»

Comments

• creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,706
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    ntxduck said:

Bob_C said:

Coker got one in the house before he blew it

Ohio State actually was equal or better in talent to Clemson and Day crashed the car into the tree

Only because he had an actual coach playing on the team in Ed Reed.

There were piles of stories of Uncle Fester feeling overwhelmed in Pasadena and talking to his team about "hey guys, this is NEBRASKA", because he coached in the Big 8 and got his shit pushed in by them annually. It was Ed who told his HEAD FUCKING COACH to chill. "We got this. We're at Miami. We know how to beat Nebraska."

Probably the least deserving coach with a ring I can think of.
    Granted I’m not as old as Race, but that 3 year run of talent was incredible and maybe the best ever. Coker could and should have slept walked to 3 titles.

Days Ohio State team last night had more talent than Clemson, team was undisciplined and out coached. Dabo, goofiness aside, is a hell of a coach and his teams bring it when it counts.
    I'd say he should have walked to two. The 2000 team had the talent, but it was still a work in process, especially early on (i.e., Husky Stadium). Dorsey was getting his legs under him as a QB, they were still figuring out things in the D backfield (Al Blades was an enforcer and loved to the lay the lumber but was not the player his brother Bennie was against the pass), etc. It was a weird two-season progression: it's hard to believe you're going to get better by losing Dan Morgan, Santana Moss and Damione Lewis, but they did. A lot of that was Dorsey figuring out how to be a QB and finding out what they had in Clinton Portis.
    My fav. Quook eDuck talking point is the "we was screwed!!!!" out of the national championship in 2001, as if that Miami team wouldn't have beaten Harrington by 21+
    You could even see it on Belotti's face when he gave those interviews and attended the Rose Bowl game. The outrage was so insincere and made up. He knew full well he was better off playing the Buffs.
  • dtddtd Member Posts: 3,997
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    Ohio St is the best team in the nation and they fucked it all up. Gotta be heartbreaking for those assholes.
  • dtddtd Member Posts: 3,997
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    ntxduck said:

Bob_C said:

Coker got one in the house before he blew it

Ohio State actually was equal or better in talent to Clemson and Day crashed the car into the tree

Only because he had an actual coach playing on the team in Ed Reed.

There were piles of stories of Uncle Fester feeling overwhelmed in Pasadena and talking to his team about "hey guys, this is NEBRASKA", because he coached in the Big 8 and got his shit pushed in by them annually. It was Ed who told his HEAD FUCKING COACH to chill. "We got this. We're at Miami. We know how to beat Nebraska."

Probably the least deserving coach with a ring I can think of.
    Granted I’m not as old as Race, but that 3 year run of talent was incredible and maybe the best ever. Coker could and should have slept walked to 3 titles.

Days Ohio State team last night had more talent than Clemson, team was undisciplined and out coached. Dabo, goofiness aside, is a hell of a coach and his teams bring it when it counts.
    I'd say he should have walked to two. The 2000 team had the talent, but it was still a work in process, especially early on (i.e., Husky Stadium). Dorsey was getting his legs under him as a QB, they were still figuring out things in the D backfield (Al Blades was an enforcer and loved to the lay the lumber but was not the player his brother Bennie was against the pass), etc. It was a weird two-season progression: it's hard to believe you're going to get better by losing Dan Morgan, Santana Moss and Damione Lewis, but they did. A lot of that was Dorsey figuring out how to be a QB and finding out what they had in Clinton Portis.
    My fav. Quook eDuck talking point is the "we was screwed!!!!" out of the national championship in 2001, as if that Miami team wouldn't have beaten Harrington by 21+
    I think it would have been a closer game than what Nebraska gave em, so yeah, 21.
  • CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    dtd said:

Ohio St is the best team in the nation and they fucked it all up. Gotta be heartbreaking for those assholes.

ESPN says Ohio State is “the best CFB Team EVER!!” Of course then the sun goes down/up and they say the exact same thing about another Team.

Fucktards gonna fucktard