Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Smithsonian Channel America in Color

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,068
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
Actual footage of Aberdeen v Hoquiam Turkey Day game in the 20s. Pretty cool. Aberdeen had 20,000 tuff loggers in the 20s which is twice as big as Olympia was when I grew up

Comments

• Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,207
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    What was the atmosphere like Race?
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,069
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Did any of them sit out the game to protect their chances of getting a UW scholarship? Did they allow swarthy guys like @creepycoug to play?

All the swarthy @creepycoug types were still in Havana rolling stogies. Great weather, hot latinas of low moral repute and no communism to run from.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,171
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

Did any of them sit out the game to protect their chances of getting a UW scholarship? Did they allow swarthy guys like @creepycoug to play?

All the swarthy @creepycoug types were still in Havana rolling stogies. Great weather, hot latinas of low moral repute and no communism to run from.
    I should use this more often: ROLL MY CIGAR CUOG!!
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Swaye said:

How did you know?
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,171
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    So that Olympic Stadium in Hoquiam is pretty tuff.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,068
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The Thanksgiving game was done by the 60's as I recall. Olympia used to invite a Tacoma school to a match since Aberdeen was busy

I've said it before but I'm old so I can repeat myself. As a kid growing up in the 60's the Southwest Conference was the best. Friday night road trips to Vancouver or Longview and Grays Harbor

It was the best of the best big schools with lots of D 1 guys not that we gave a shit back then. Rich Rucker got a full ride to Kansas when they were good and had Riggens. Dean Halvorsen wore the purple helmet at UW. The two Oly stars I recall.

Steve Dills went to Stanford from Ft Vancouver.