Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Dem debate

BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,409
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
Words can't describe how out of touch the dem candidates are. They spend all the time bitching about Trump and arguing about their own identity politics and then top it off with their leading candidate telling hundreds of thousands of people he would be happy to put them all out of work so that they can go work in an industry that currently has few marketable products and no jobs.

Watching biden drone on about the middle class when he and BO killed the middle class with their bullshit, was beyond insufferable. The Middle Class is making a comeback under Trump, sir, you need to do your research.

Yang was the only candidate who seemed to be focused on reality. The lib media loved Klobuchar because she supposedly was a "tough woman". Evidently rats vote for some broad who is tough but has no plans on how to successfully run the country. I find Klobuchar interesting. She is literally despised by most all people who ever worked for her. She is a bully and a vindictive bitch. To have an employee quit because they couldn't take your workplace harassment and then call that ex-employees new place of employment and try to get her fired? You have to be a real piece of shit. How did she get this far in this rat debate? It is strange to say the least.

Watching these dem candidates try to endear themselves to the American public is just so cringe worthy. They are so contrived, so rehearsed that when they try to self disclose to the audience it comes off as stiff as a board. Just stop people, please. All dems candidates believe that the best use of our government is to legislate behavior. The good guys want less control by government. The dem candidates aren't normal people, they are narcissistic elitists just waiting to dictate our lives to us. They are not capable of communicating with the little people, which is why they come off as so fake.

I timed it. The first hour was filled with..........nothing. They completely wasted an hours worth of time droning on about their well know platforms and never did any of them address the issues that got Trump elected. I have come to the conclusion that they really don't understand what it is like to be a regular Joe in this country. Just so out of touch.

Comments

• Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,617
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    It was truly pathetic. Yang started the debate with stop obsessing about Trump.

The left is hot garbage. The klobachar love is truly bizarre.

Warren and Pete fighting about million dollar donors
    was pure comedic gold. Warren is a strange person.

Yang was only guy talking in terms of problems the nation is facing. Followed up by Bernie talking about Trump and the 1%. Bernie says the same shit over and over again.

Good luck libs.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,068
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Is Tulsi out?

Hope not. Only Dem in ages that promoted blood flow to my junk.
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,555
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

Is Tulsi out?

Hope not. Only Dem in ages that promoted blood flow to my junk.
    Warren got me to junk my junk
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    Swaye said:

Yang is the only one left with any clue at all about anything. I wouldn't vote for him, but I can at least respect him. The rest is a fucking dumpster fire of epic proportions.

Why not vote for him? Just wondering what you don’t like.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter

Swaye said:

Yang is the only one left with any clue at all about anything. I wouldn't vote for him, but I can at least respect him. The rest is a fucking dumpster fire of epic proportions.

For me, 2A first & foremost.

Personality wise, I like him a lot.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

Because you asked so nicely, and I am ride or die with you, here is the answer that I just pulled right off Yang's website. I am sure there are numerous other items that I do not agree with, but this right here is more than enough for me (I bolded the ones I find particularly onerous but almost all of it sucks):

As President, I will...

Close the gun show and Charleston loopholes, requiring all gun sales and most transfers to have a background check run and completed.
    Implement a purchase limit (rate, not total) on all firearms.
    Implement a federal cooling-off period to decrease the incidence of suicide and impulsive crime.
    Promote a stringent licensing system, with a 5-year renewal requirement, for gun ownership.
    Anyone desiring a license would need to:
    Go through a federal background check.
    Anyone with a history of violence, domestic abuse, or violent mental illness would not be allowed to hold a license.
    Interview with a federal agent, who has limited discretion on granting the license.
    Pass a basic hunting or firearm safety class.
    Provide a receipt for an appropriately-sized gun locker, or trigger locks (tax deductible).
    Individual states will determine their concealed carry/open carry laws, and reciprocity will not be federally enforced.
    Create a clear definition of “assault weapon”, and prevent their manufacture and sale.
    Prohibit the manufacture and sale of bump stocks, suppressors, incendiary/exploding ammunition, and grenade launcher attachments, and other accessories that alter functionality in a way that increases their firing rate or impact.
    Automatically confiscate any weapon that has been modified in a way as to increase its ammunition capacity, firing rate, or impact.
    Create an agency tasked with monitoring gun manufacturing developments and addressing “design-arounds” as they arise.
    Renew a ban on Large Capacity Ammo Feeding Devices (LCAFDs) and after-market non-standard large capacity magazines.
    Pass a federal gun transportation law that will require people to transport guns unloaded and locked in a storage safe.

Increase liability for individuals who sell guns illegally that are used to commit a crime.
    Form a commission to study the development of 3D printing technology to see ways we can minimize the risk of this technology in perpetuating gun violence.
    Maintain current restrictions on and definitions of automatic weaponry.
    Stridently enforce importation restrictions on weapons and accessories.
    Create federal safety guidelines for gun manufacture and distribution, similar to federal car safety requirements, with strict penalties for the violation of these guidelines.
    Use tax incentives to encourage gun manufacturers to implement designs that prevent interchanging parts that alter the functionality of the firearm.
    Repeal laws that shield gun manufacturers from liability.
    Invest in personalized gun technology that makes it difficult or impossible for someone other than a gun’s owner to fire it, and ensure that they’re for sale on the marketplace.
    Provide a tax credit for the full value of upgrading a gun to use these systems, or work through the buyback program to allow “trades” of non-personalized guns to personalized ones.
    Implement a federal buyback program for anyone who wants to voluntarily give up their firearm.
    As stated here, invest in a more robust mental health infrastructure. This will help to identify and treat people with mental health illnesses that make them prone to suicide.
    Increase funding to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline, and drastically increase funding to the US Department of Veterans Affairs Suicide Prevention efforts.
    Direct the CDC to research gun violence, and reject any budget deal that includes the Dickey Amendment.
    Require all locations where guns are sold to display information on how to receive mental health treatment or reach suicide crisis hotlines.
    Initiate and fund mindfulness programs in schools and correctional facilities, which have been demonstrated to reduce violent behavior.
    Invest heavily in law enforcement training to de-escalate situations involving firearms, and provide funding to programs that involve mental health professionals in de-escalation situations.
  • Options
    BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,409
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Swaye said:

Maybe it is his bad math and policy plans? VAT's to pay each individual $1000 a month? Rob Peter to pay Paul. A circular, get nowhere, and ready for bankruptcy entitlement program pitched by an rat running for President. Its just what we need..

• Options
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

This. I had to go look it all up before I could respond. His 2A stance is central casting freedom hater.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,320
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

This. I had to go look it all up before I could respond. His 2A stance is central casting freedom hater.
    Same. Deal breaker.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,631
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I hear a lot about his UBI but how is he expecting to fund it?
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,070
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Communists trying to convince everyone to hand their lives over to their superior intellect. The government will take care of you.

The number of people swallowing this toxic load is what's scary.

• Options

I hear a lot about his UBI but how is he expecting to fund it?

If I remember right, Yang wants to replace existing entitlements with UBI. I can dig that, in theory. However, if he were to win, and he absolutely will not, the Democratic Party would never replace, only add UBI on top of everything else. That I can't support.
    That is the risk. But I don’t think he’d force it through without the system in place to support it. He’s stated repeatedly that you have to opt out of other entitlements to get UBI. The math doesn’t work otherwise. I don’t think he’s Interested in a political win *cough* Obamacare *cough* that fails to meet the basic requirements of its own plan.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,607
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Swaye said:

Hes not a fake faggot, but he's wrong about shit and I disagree with him.

I also feel that way about Tulsi, but she makes me hard so there's that.
  • Options

Swaye said:

Hes not a fake faggot, but he's wrong about shit and I disagree with him.

I also feel that way about Tulsi, but she makes me hard so there's that.
    Fair enough. A few here have mentioned the 2A stance. Are you in the same boat or is something else your issue with Yang?
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    LebamDawg said:

The only portion of the debate I watched was when the press singled out Yang as the only candidate as a person of color.

When is hell has anyone ever referred to Asians as people of color in politics?

When Yang drops out then the person of color will be who has the best tan. The press will treat them as a minority

Lol. When did Asians become persons of color? And when did we start having people of color rather than colored folk?