Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Recruiting Questions?

Comments

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Beno4Life said:

So we’re just waving the white flag on Yary cause he didn’t commit on his visit?

Maybe he’s waiting till we actually name an OC. I would.

I hope so. I look at the pics of him and his family and I just don't see them as "Oregon" types. I think his dad sees through all that bullshit and also views Oregon as a step up from a JC academically. Just my gut feeling.
    His dad knows about the bullshit in recruiting. None of these visits will actually impress him. He’s not a parent that will get swallowed up in the glitz and glam of recruiting visits.
    Millen did
  • Options
    Fear_BonerFear_Boner Member Posts: 755
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    FireCohen said:

Swaye said:

Weird year. Glad we kept the class together, but sort of nonplussed that it looks like our two best late targets (Xavier and Yary) are telling us to fuck off. Was nice to get Covington back. Meh. Kind of a fizzle ending here but the class looks pretty good to me overall. Wish we had one or two more impact guys on D. Any chance on Princely?

This is actually a damn good class considering the year we had AND Pete stepping down. It could have been better but all things considered I'm happy
    Some doogs just don’t have perspective. Finishing in top 15 with a 7-5 record is amazing.
    Actually this is doogish. I like the class a lot. It’s very good. But I’m not dooging that hard.
  • Options

FireCohen said:

Swaye said:

Weird year. Glad we kept the class together, but sort of nonplussed that it looks like our two best late targets (Xavier and Yary) are telling us to fuck off. Was nice to get Covington back. Meh. Kind of a fizzle ending here but the class looks pretty good to me overall. Wish we had one or two more impact guys on D. Any chance on Princely?

This is actually a damn good class considering the year we had AND Pete stepping down. It could have been better but all things considered I'm happy
    Some doogs just don’t have perspective. Finishing in top 15 with a 7-5 record is amazing.
    Actually this is doogish. I like the class a lot. It’s very good. But I’m not dooging that hard.
    Huh......Do you my friend have a reading comprehension issue??? All I said was it is amazing to have top 15 class with a 7-5 record. What part of that is dooging???
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,984
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    FireCohen said:

FireCohen said:

Swaye said:

Huh......Do you my friend have a reading comprehension issue??? All I said was it is amazing to have top 15 class with a 7-5 record. What part of that is dooging???
    I think he's saying we should have the Top 1 class with a 7-5 record. Never settle.
  • Options

FireCohen said:

FireCohen said:

Swaye said:

I think he's saying we should have the Top 1 class with a 7-5 record. Never settle.
    Ohh I guess my engrish is bad
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    Natty or Nutty
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465

FireCohen said:

Beno4Life said:

So we’re just waving the white flag on Yary cause he didn’t commit on his visit?

Maybe he’s waiting till we actually name an OC. I would.

I hope so. I look at the pics of him and his family and I just don't see them as "Oregon" types. I think his dad sees through all that bullshit and also views Oregon as a step up from a JC academically. Just my gut feeling.
    His dad knows about the bullshit in recruiting. None of these visits will actually impress him. He’s not a parent that will get swallowed up in the glitz and glam of recruiting visits.
    Millen did
    Don’t think so. Cale simply took the best opportunity. Oregon was the best program that wanted him.
    I dont think UW offered him. He was committed to Northwestern which blows Oregon away academically. He obviously wanted to stay closer to home
  • Options
    Fear_BonerFear_Boner Member Posts: 755
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

FireCohen said:

FireCohen said:

Swaye said:

Not at all. But we weren’t in on Ringo, Bijan, or Flowe. Cooper McD feels like a reach and lazy recruiting. We have ZERO DL thus far. I like the class a lot, but I’m not blissfully ignorant about what’s lacking. I do, however, think Jimmy Lake will handle his business and then we will level up year after year.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    FireCohen said:

Swaye said:

Recruiting is more about the previous year's record than the current one.

We? won the Pac last year.
  • Options
    dnc said:

FireCohen said:

Swaye said:

Using that logic. 2021 will not be special?
    Is that what you telling me????
  • Options
    FireCohen said:

dnc said:

FireCohen said:

Swaye said:

Yes.

Thankfully there are other factors than just on field performance. The coaches doing the recruiting and the dispersement of talent in the given class chief among them, and those work in UW's favor for 2021.

2021 will still likely be special but insomuch as on field performance will impact the class it is the 2019 season that will impact it. The 2020 season will impact the 2022 recruiting class.

And so it goes.

#RecruitingLagTheory
    #SvenPleaseComeBack
  • Options
    dnc said:

FireCohen said:

dnc said:

FireCohen said:

Swaye said:

Yes.

Thankfully there are other factors than just on field performance. The coaches doing the recruiting and the dispersement of talent in the given class chief among them, and those work in UW's favor for 2021.

2021 will still likely be special but insomuch as on field performance will impact the class it is the 2019 season that will impact it. The 2020 season will impact the 2022 recruiting class.

And so it goes.

#RecruitingLagTheory
    #SvenPleaseComeBack
    thanks kim
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,041
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    dnc said:

FireCohen said:

dnc said:

FireCohen said:

Swaye said:

Yes.

Thankfully there are other factors than just on field performance.

#RecruitingLagTheory
    #SvenPleaseComeBack
    This really can't be overstated, or I haven't seen it done so yet. Academis, pussy, nana, playing time, all that shit matters just as much if not more.
  • Options
    dtd said:

dnc said:

FireCohen said:

dnc said:

FireCohen said:

Swaye said:

Yes.

Thankfully there are other factors than just on field performance.

#RecruitingLagTheory
    #SvenPleaseComeBack
    This really can't be overstated, or I haven't seen it done so yet. Academis, pussy, nana, playing time, all that shit matters just as much if not more.
    The barber
  • Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    @sonics1993

- How much longer until Lake announces the new OC/TE/10th coach positions?
    - Is it Yary or bust to finish off the 2020 class?
    - @Beno4Life started a thread about who will be our 2nd commit in the '21 class. Who is your top 3 who could pop early?
    - How big a threat is Stanford for Owen Prentice's services?
    - Are you still sticking with the over on 5.5 transfers or is Lake being hired going to bring that number down?
    - Husky Insider @Baseman implied that McGrew didn't play after Oregon because of his response on twitter to @Dennis_DeYoung comments on being
    mentally week losers. Is there any truth to this?
    - Husky Insider @Dennis_DeYoung is reporting that Levi is coming back. Is this true?
    - T/F - Jalen/Rome will get more playing time than Spiker/Osborne in 2020?
    - T/F - With Murao enrolling in January, he will be the starting C in 2020?
    - University of Washington insider Scott Eklund says Lolohea is up to 290. Is this accurate?
    - Eklund says Redmond could grow into a OT. Biggins has said the same thing about Yary. How wrong are these evaluations?
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

animate said:

FireCohen said:

FireCohen said:

Swaye said:

Ask Damone as he apparently has the pulse on "dooging" as being anything he thinks is not of his opinion.
    Enjoying anything at all about life when the Huskies aren't winning big is doogish according to Damone. He leads a miserable and pathetic life. I blame his two dads.
    Somehow Scrooge and the Grinch got together and had a son, named him Damone, and dumped him on an unsuspecting Husky fan community.
    He’s the epitome of a get off my lawn type.