Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

But how Is LA county a shit hole?

Comments

• Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,239
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

Democrats destroying yet another once great city.
  • Options
    BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,394
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Was down there a month ago. Until you see it up close and personal you can't appreciate how fucked up rats have made that city. It is the same exact situation in Portland and Seattle. I was astounded at how bad the city looks and how many bums are on the street. The young age of many was shocking. They clearly just want to do drugs and have zero responsibility.

Just remember, rats want this for all states.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Democrats destroying yet another once great city.

Leftists- Destroying everything they touch.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I guess if you want to live in a tent in Kansas City you get run over by locals.

https://www.kansascity.com/news/local/article222880245.html
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,239
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

Was down there a month ago. Until you see it up close and personal you can't appreciate how fucked up rats have made that city. It is the same exact situation in Portland and Seattle. I was astounded at how bad the city looks and how many bums are on the street. The young age of many was shocking. They clearly just want to do drugs and have zero responsibility.

Seattle and San Fransisco are reprehensible as well. Homeless camps everywhere. Recently saw them along the I-5 from Northgate to the exit at 45th. Surreal. Leftist destroy everything they touch.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    Standard Supporter

Seattle and San Fransisco are reprehensible as well. Homeless camps everywhere. Recently saw them along the I-5 from Northgate to the exit at 45th. Surreal. Leftist destroy everything they touch.
    I hear that's not really true and it's just Conservative news sources saying it in order to make a liberal run city look bad.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    SFGbob said:

I hear that's not really true and it's just Conservative news sources saying it in order to make a liberal run city look bad.
    http://www.urbanreviewstl.com/2011/06/poll-what-if-anything-should-st-louis-do-about-the-homeless-camps-on-the-north-riverfront/
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    SFGbob said:

I'm hearing it's because capitalism made housing unaffordable and wages stagnate.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,841
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    I'm hearing PDX has a fix by confiscating private property. Sounds like a #winning strategy - confiscating private property.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    pawz said:

I'm hearing PDX has a fix by confiscating private property. Sounds like a #winning strategy - confiscating private property.

Hey man. Pay your fair share.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2019

The bolded is especially true and something my generation should own. The entitlement era is upon us.

My first glimpse of this was my time in Santa Barbara where I noticed more "travelers" and beggars that bucked the norm of what I thought an old mental homeless guy was (The type that are so far gone you can't help but understand a little why they've given up).

This new crop, they were my age or younger(20s at the time) looked like people who needed one shower and could get a job or go back to school without anyone believing they'd ever been on the street.

My instinct is the appeal of this counter culture eventually gets its hooks into them and the drugs and anti-social behavior do what they do and pull them down for good.

A self fulfilling prophecy of destruction and a system to reinforce "it's not your fault".
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    I'm hearing that some people are so fucking stupid they think St. Louis isn't run by Rats. St. Louis Mayors since WWII.

37 Joseph Darst April 19, 1949 April 21, 1953 Democratic 1
    38 Raymond Tucker April 21, 1953 April 20, 1965 Democratic 3
    39 Alfonso J. Cervantes April 20, 1965 April 17, 1973 Democratic 2
    40 John Poelker April 17, 1973 April 19, 1977 Democratic 1
    41 James F. Conway April 19, 1977 April 21, 1981 Democratic 1
    42 Vincent C. Schoemehl April 21, 1981 April 20, 1993 Democratic 3
    43 Freeman Bosley Jr. April 20, 1993 April 15, 1997 Democratic 1
    44 Clarence Harmon April 15, 1997 April 17, 2001 Democratic 1
    45 Francis Slay April 17, 2001 April 18, 2017 Democratic 4
    46 Lyda Krewson April 18, 2017 Incumbent Democratic 1
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

I'm hearing it's because capitalism made housing unaffordable and wages stagnate.
    Yeah, homelessness isn't caused by mental illness and drug and alcohol addiction, it's caused by expensive housing.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Yeah, homelessness isn't caused by mental illness and drug and alcohol addiction, it's caused by expensive housing.
    ....and stagnate wages
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

....and stagnate wages
    Yeah, we need to raise the minimum wage. That guy shitting in the street would be living in an apartment if we paid him more.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,933

Shithole central