Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Possibly the wrong board

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,424
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
It is somewhat notable that a mere 11 years after Owen 12, UW has hired their second Black head football coach. At the time the uproar over keeping someone so clearly unqualified as Ty was thought to be a negative to the next guy that might be considered. "No one wants to hire someone they can't fire"

Over the last decade it has been shown that Black coaches are quite easy to fire and get fired faster than white coaches. So I guess we can rest easy. Ty may have been the first Black coach to win multiple Rose Bowls (actually David Shaw) but Jimmy is going to be the first to win the CFP

We? also have seen where the right fit makes a big difference - like Ogeron at LSU. Well, UW is a great fit for Jimmy. Our stadium is on a Lake.

Much to our chagrin UW does not have a fast trigger finger when it comes to firing coaches, but Jimmy also has to know that he has to be better than the best to make it. Same as it ever was.

Comments

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Jimmy was 18 when Stanford hired Ty. I bet he noticed. Probably looked up to him
  • Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    How can anyone read this bored and not break out HCHs world famous “How is he not Sark?” as you all do the second anyone hires a coach who isn’t a dead faced, faux macho reincarnation of the dad you were scared to death of growing up.

Talks shit! loves the gayme! super personality! recruits will love him! passion to burn!

First order of business... Starting up his loud purple car.

You guys are a best. And it’s why I pay my $59.95 a month to be here! (Plus taxes and fees)
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

How can anyone read this bored and not break out HCHs world famous “How is he not Sark?” as you all do the second anyone hires a coach who isn’t a dead faced, faux macho reincarnation of the dad you were scared to death of growing up.

Talks shit! loves the gayme! super personality! recruits will love him! passion to burn!

You guys are a best. And it’s why I pay my $59.95 a month to be here! (Plus taxes and fees)

This is a fair point. I've already made it, but a fair point nonetheless.

There has been some good old fashioned HCH skepticism here today, and a whole lot of Doogie Doogie Doo!
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Pretty pretty certain Jimmy does drown himself in the bottle
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

There has been some good old fashioned HCH skepticism here today, and a whole lot of Doogie Doogie Doo!
    You two should consider a We're still butthurt that someone said something bad about our boyfriend board

Husky fans mock Oregon coach. Film at 11
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

Just doesn't have the same punch

ISAFNRC
  • Options
    edited December 2019

You two should consider a We're still butthurt that someone said something bad about our boyfriend board

Well, we could try that. We could also do a parallel "We did what we made fun of Oregon for doing" board too so that we can clean up the general board of all the riff raff and make the place clean for some decent dooging.

Plus, don't forget: I hate Oregon now and am on the Jimmy Night Train. I'm just trying to be objectadawg about the whole fiasco. We both know the odds of Jimmy banging cocktail waitresses two at a time at Joey's Kitchen.
  • Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

For the record I’m still not sold on Ballz so you’re wrong there.

Secondly, you didn’t read my post close enough. Not talking about Oregon. Talking about every college football hire since about 2013.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm sticking with my truth
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Jimmy is about as black as the "black" kids on the team.

Its time to stop with this .01% = 100% black
  • Options

I'm sticking with my truth

Two at a time at Joey's?