Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

A Q for the board re:rose bowl

MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
Do we want Oregon to beat Utah and go to the rose bowl? (no)

Do we want Utah to win and make the playoff and have Oregon go to the rose bowl? (Bumps UW to a better bowl)

Do we want Utah to win and not make the playoff and go to the rosebowl. (I want this because Oregon in the rose bowl makes me sick and I don't give a shit about UWs shitty bowl or the pac 12 having a team in the playoff)

Comments

• Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,983
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited December 2019
    I stand with you. Also. Utah likely gets clown stomped In The playoff which furthers the narrative that the conference sucks. Which it does, But the narrative doesn’t help anything regardless. Utah would probably beat penn state this year though.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Mario in the Rosebowl = free pub for the Canes
  • Options
    NLdawgNLdawg Member Posts: 53
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper 5 Up Votes

I quit being a doog about keeping Oregon from the Rose Bowl a long time ago.

I'm dooging about it because I have people in my life who are insufferable duck pricks
    You must lead a miserable and pathetic life.
    New board motto?
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited December 2019

Imagine caring about this.

Yeah think this is the right sentiment. After the season this team has had, even minimally wasting time thinking about anything other than how to fix this abortion seems misguided. I'm sure hoping Petersen doesn't spend a second giving a fuck about whether Oregon or Utah.
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Utah beats Oregon. Just better this year.

Then goes to Pasadena. Oklahoma gets in.
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    whuggy said:

Imagine caring about this.

Yeah think this is the right sentiment. After the season this team has had, even minimally wasting time thinking about anything other than how to fix this abortion seems misguided. I'm sure hoping Petersen doesn't spend a second giving a fuck about whether Oregon or Utah.
    Yes because fans have so much impact on fixing "this abortion".

I'll let you get back to breaking down film and putting out feelers for new coaching candidates. Let us know how it works out by next Sept.
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Utah makes the playoff. Does the unthinkable and wins it all. NOGAF what the rest of the loser schools do behind that.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,854
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I want the league to make the playoff because the Pac 12 really blows right now with UCLA, USC, and UW all in a slump. Oregon can make their fake Rose Bowl. You can always tell Duck fags it's illegitimate and be sort of correct.
  • Options
    JesseisabeastJesseisabeast Member Posts: 60
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

I want the league to make the playoff because the Pac 12 really blows right now with UCLA, USC, and UW all in a slump. Oregon can make their fake Rose Bowl. You can always tell Duck fags it's illegitimate and be sort of correct.

The Rose Bowl is not the same and never will be again....it’s set up to be the schools that weren’t good enough to make the playoff or maybe even win their league. Some projections today had Oregon vs Wisconsin after they both lose their conference championship games. So it’s basically the Holiday Bowl in a bigger stadium
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    I hope it ends in a draw, so that UW gets fucked because we as a fan base deserve it
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    haie said:

Utah beats Oregon in OT. Lots of bodies carted off the field. OU stomps Baylor and gets in. Ute gets run over by Wisconsin. Doesn't even matter what Oregon does because no Rose for them.

Worst outcome for the Pac, but fuck this season.

I am callous and strange but this post made me laugh until my sides hurt.