Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Disappointed...

I had to step away for a few days after the shit show in Colorado.

Anyway, I'm sure it's been posted here already, but I'm not going to search for it.
I think this may be the most disappointing season since the 0-12 season. The 0-12 season wasn't a shocker, as everyone knew they sucked, but I figured they would pull at least one win out of their butts.
I can only hope that this is a wake up call like it was for Don James in 1988 when they went 6-5.

Moving on and drinking bleach.

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,726
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    We lost to Thurman Thomas and Okie State and then BYU which was unacceptable as any loss ever considering 1984

5-3 in conference wasn't that bad but it seemed like it
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,415
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    dflea said:

The most disappointing thing for me is having to admit Mike Damone was right and I was wrrrrrrr.........I was wrrrrr...........I was fucking wrong!

• Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,415
    Founders Club
    guntlove said:

We have the wrong coach. I bought into the 'Browning and Babushka are holding us back' narrative as aggressively as anyone around here... but I was completely fucking wrong.

Pete has no concept of what's wrong. Watching his press conference the other day.... it's like he's emotionally stunted or blind. He can only think in terms of execution. He's so up his own ass with his 'process' that he has no idea how to actually motivate a team to play with passion and violence. He's like a fucking robot.

It doesn't matter what changes he makes to his staff. It doesn't matter to me anymore if he fires Hamden and Gregory. Pete is the problem. We're stuck with a coach who's just good enough to hold onto his job. I will bet anyone a million sven bucks that Pete will never go through a season here without losing at LEAST two games. It will never happen.

I swear to god, being a fan of this fucking program is like some never ending circle of hell.

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,044
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

guntlove said:

We have the wrong coach. I bought into the 'Browning and Babushka are holding us back' narrative as aggressively as anyone around here... but I was completely fucking wrong.

Pete has no concept of what's wrong. Watching his press conference the other day.... it's like he's emotionally stunted or blind. He can only think in terms of execution. He's so up his own ass with his 'process' that he has no idea how to actually motivate a team to play with passion and violence. He's like a fucking robot.

It doesn't matter what changes he makes to his staff. It doesn't matter to me anymore if he fires Hamden and Gregory. Pete is the problem. We're stuck with a coach who's just good enough to hold onto his job. I will bet anyone a million sven bucks that Pete will never go through a season here without losing at LEAST two games. It will never happen.

I swear to god, being a fan of this fucking program is like some never ending circle of hell.

We’re going a little heavy on that. Pete has a good first 5 years. Won 2 of 3 PAC 12 titles. Developed a lot of lower rated players into NFL draft picks. Had the #1 defense in the PAC 12 four years straight. It hasn’t been all bad. Even this year, we had a lot of close losses. Inexcusable losses that shouldn’t have been close, but it’s not like we were incredibly far away.

You are what your record is and we suck.

This year sucks. Let’s LIPO another year or two. Teams makes big jumps all the time. Georgia and LSU both made big jumps. It’s not always linear. I think it’s possible for us if we fix the offense. The way to do that is Pete giving up control.
    At one point I was 100% convinced Pete was the guy. I'm more like 60/40 on that now, but he has to be given the opportunity to make the paradigm shit.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,609
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    dflea said:

The most disappointing thing for me is having to admit Mike Damone was right and I was wrrrrrrr.........I was wrrrrr...........I was fucking wrong!

Im still waiting for @RaceBannon and @PurpleBaze to say I was right after they mocked me for saying a loss to Cal was imminent
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,324
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

guntlove said:

We’re going a little heavy on that. Pete has a good first 5 years. Won 2 of 3 PAC 12 titles. Developed a lot of lower rated players into NFL draft picks. Had the #1 defense in the PAC 12 four years straight. It hasn’t been all bad. Even this year, we had a lot of close losses. Inexcusable losses that shouldn’t have been close, but it’s not like we were incredibly far away.

You are what your record is and we suck.

This year sucks. Let’s LIPO another year or two. Teams makes big jumps all the time. Georgia and LSU both made big jumps. It’s not always linear. I think it’s possible for us if we fix the offense. The way to do that is Pete giving up control.
    At one point I was 100% convinced Pete was the guy. I'm more like 60/40 on that now, but he has to be given the opportunity to make the paradigm shit.
    I would think it became evident the paradigm shit had been made by the Stanford game at the latest.
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    Founders Club
    @PostGameOrangeSlices,

I'm really really sorry, I apologise unreservedly.

I offer a complete and utter retraction. The imputation was totally without basis in fact, and was in no way fair comment, and was motivated purely by malice, and I deeply regret any distress that my comments may have caused you, or your family, and I hereby undertake not to repeat any such slander at any time in the future.

PGOS right at everything!!
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,609
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

@PostGameOrangeSlices,

I offer a complete and utter retraction. The imputation was totally without basis in fact, and was in no way fair comment, and was motivated purely by malice, and I deeply regret any distress that my comments may have caused you, or your family, and I hereby undertake not to repeat any such slander at any time in the future.

Ok!
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    Founders Club

@PostGameOrangeSlices,

Ok!

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,726
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sorry but I never apologize
  • Options
    guntloveguntlove Member Posts: 784
    Goddamnit, last poast then I’ll LEAVE this thread...

Another couple of things... We weren’t ravaged by injuries this year. Overall we were pretty damned healthy, especially up front on both sides of the ball.

We also had experience all over the place on offense... so neither injuries nor youth is a valid excuse, particularly on that side of the ball.

Our schedule set us up for success this year better than just about any season I can remember. Easy non conference slate, and all the tough PAC 12 games at home.

The useless offense, inexplicable losses to vastly inferior teams, and the frequent lack of energy & aggression by our players has been an issue for three straight years... it didn’t just suddenly show up this year - we’d all just decided to blame Jake Browning, Jonathan Smith, or Bush Hammerdon (hi Fatters!) for them. But they weren’t the problem. The problem is Pete and his system & culture.

This shitstorm of a season didn’t happen because of injuries, youth, or a difficult schedule... it happened because of a fucking alarming level of incompetence and mismanagement Pete and his staff.