Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Call the vanilla lawyers

Comments

• Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Benny's Grocery Store Roster:

PCC
    Whole Foods (delivered)
    Safeway
    Met Market
    Trader Joes
    Costco

NOC

81% of the people at Costco at any point in time are functionally retarded mouth breathers. Hey, don’t mind my fat ass and brat kids blocking the aisle while I get a free pot sticker.
    ya but, free samples tho...
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,972
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

PCC
    Whole Foods (delivered)
    Safeway
    Met Market
    Trader Joes
    Costco

NOC

81% of the people at Costco at any point in time are functionally retarded mouth breathers. Hey, don’t mind my fat ass and brat kids blocking the aisle while I get a free pot sticker.
    And yet you trust them with freedom?
  • Options
    alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,849
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

alumni94 said:

A little FYI, Albertsons owns Safeway.

Grocery store superiority guy...
    I worked there. The own about 17 different chains. I think most people are just surprised that Albertsons owns Safeway and not the other way around.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,317
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

81% of the people at my Costco are Canadian. Quite easily.
  • Options

91% of the people at my Costco are Amerasian. Quite easily.
  • Options

Albertsons says three is a crowd in line and promise to open a teller if it happens on their signage

So when we're 5th in line I always show three fingers to the managers hiding behind the glass watching the monitors

I used to hold up 1

ok boober
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,186
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

PCC
    Whole Foods (delivered)
    Safeway
    Met Market
    Trader Joes
    Costco

NOC

Hurtful
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

I’ll wait in a long line at self checkout just to avoid talking to the cashier at the traditional check out stands. Every time I choose the regular check out, I regret it.

“Doing anything fun tonight?”

Can't buy booze at self check but I hear you

I get asked if I want to contribute to help starving kids. Let them starve I say. HH humor doesn't work in public
    The small talk is just awful. I feel the same way at restaurants when a server comes to check up on you 7 times. Once is fine.

The worst part is that they are trained to do that. I can’t believe that managers actually think most people want that. Our manager harped on that when I was a server. I’m not going to ask if they like their French onion soup while they are in a serious business discussion. They will make eye contact and get your attention if they need something when you’re in the area. At the same time, it is really fucking annoying when you’ve been done eating for 15 min, the check hasn’t come, and your server is nowhere in sight.

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,893

Who shops at Albertson's or Safeway? I thought everyone on this board was rich?

My wife is into Trader Joe's. I don't like it. I'm a man of the people. Give me Albertson's any day

My self worth is not a product of where I buy groceries
    Mrs. Throbber v2.0 is a Trader Joe's junky. There is absolutely shit to eat at that store. We fucking starve the weeks she shops there. I pray to almighty Allah/*real*God/Buddha/Jehovah that she goes to Albertsons for some real food.

Though, TJ's store brand booze isn't bad.
  • Options

My wife is into Trader Joe's. I don't like it. I'm a man of the people. Give me Albertson's any day

Mrs. Throbber v2.0 is a Trader Joe's junky. There is absolutely shit to eat at that store. We fucking starve the weeks she shops there. I pray to almighty Allah/*real*God/Buddha/Jehovah that she goes to Albertsons for some real food.

Cmon son. The Corn Dip Chippers rule.

Mandarin Chicken? Bomb.

In reality the best thing about TJs are the snacks and nutz and frozens.
  • Options

I'm a lucky man in that both myself and Mrs Nacho do not like Trader Joe's. Unlike you, I do not face starvation, quite the opposite really.

Mrs. Nacho looks a little red in the face.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,930
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

I'm a lucky man in that both myself and Mrs Nacho do not like Trader Joe's. Unlike you, I do not face starvation, quite the opposite really.

Jokes on you. That's not Mrs. Nacho.
  • Options

Jokes on you. That's not Mrs. Nacho.
    YKWYWF
  • Options

Mandarin Chicken? Bomb.

The fact you enjoy nuts does not surprise me. NTTAWWT.

Give me Cheetos, Ruffles, Ho Hos and Banquet Hungry Man dinners every day of the week.

• Options

Mandarin Chicken? Bomb.

Give me Cheetos, Ruffles, Ho Hos and Banquet Hungry Man dinners every day of the week.

your post speaks for itself.

case closed.

'nuff said.
  • Options

Mandarin Chicken? Bomb.

your post speaks for itself.

case closed.

'nuff said.
    I know. I win.

• Options
    BayDawgBayDawg Member Posts: 1,623
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

81% of the people at my Costco are Canadian. Quite easily.
    If you are talking about the Bellingham Costco, your number is lite...
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

This thread is mysteriously lacking in Aspbergers Frank from @YellowSnow and my Safeway.

Sad.

I've been meaning to post a Frank update, but have been avoiding his line because he's going to tell me Browning won more games than Eason.
    The other Safeway checkers are all slow as fuck. Frank is fast, but when you add in the sports rants in between it’s a wash.

At least that’s more entertaining than some old lady asking people what they’re cooking tonight when they’re getting a pallet of Top Ramen, a half gallon of gin, and 20 boxes of dinosaur chicken nuggets.