Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Inside look at bowdown2washington.com

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    PurpleJ said:

Emoterman said:

A better forum format and website interface are not the root cause of the mediocre to poor response to this board that, in the beginning, held so much promise. The gentlemen who run this board are acknowledged as passionate experts but have allowed and fostered destructive negativity with no real constructive balance. All this does is run off those of us who, in principle, agree with most points made, but can't stomach the bitterness of angry negativity. Most positive statements made here are automatically referred to as "doogish" and those who post "doogish" statements are insulted and their posts discounted with a disdainful snobbishness. What does this do? It leaves five or six people here propping up each others negativity while the rest of us stop in from time to time to see if there is any improvement with content. Then we disappear off into the ether, disappointed again.

Admins must foster inclusion, ideas, debate, and constructive criticism. There has to be a balance. Otherwise, the gentlemen who run this website, as excellent as they can be, will not have a legitimate platform and will sink into the rubbish heap.

I want this place to be successful. Where are DataDawgs amazing graphics and stats? His content is positive, constructive, and may well have helped push Smalls back home. For all you negative people, remember this: just as much as smart, easy to understand stats presented with class and polish can pique the interest of a highly sought after recruit, continuous destructive bashing can have just the opposite effect. Whose to say a certain decommitted recruit's visit to ASU wasn't influenced, in part, by the destructive bludgeon that is Husky Twitter?

Do we deserve the best? Yes. Is this not a top city with a world class university? Yes. Should we be a perennial contender? Yes. Should we expect more than we are getting, right now? Yes. Are there issues with coaching and recruiting? Yes. Watching us lose the way we have this season is very painful. Changes must be made with our staff. I happen to believe Pete is no different than most of us 50+ year olds at the top of our profession. We got here because of pride, passion, goal oriented, and are results driven. At the same time, our pride can cause us to become oblivious to the obvious. This is where Pete is at right now. Unlike most posters left here on this board, I believe he is the right man for the job, he will right the ship, and will get us moving back in the right direction.

I challenge everyone here that feels the need to destroy: For every destructive post, come up with a constructive counterpoint.

A friend & a fellow Dawg fanatic sent me a screen shot of a Derek Johnson post (see attached.) I want to simply state that this post was utter DRIVEL. For someone who passes himself off as a “historian of Husky Football,” it was tantamount to the scurrilous, slanderous DRECK we expect from tabloid fiction writers!

The top ten highest paid coaches in college football were named recently - Pete is not one. Yet he has been rated by reputable college football magazines as high as the 4# coach in America.

I said before and will say again. We are not getting Saban or Dabo. The likelihood that Lake or Wilcox (who I love) will become the next Dabo or Saban are very, very low. Pete ain’t a placeholder!

We have a coach now who already ranks as one of the best coaches with 13.5 years under his belt. Already has 2 undefeated seasons and a CFB playoff “final four“ appearance.

Compare and Note: 1. Joe PATERNO 45 YEARS and 409 wins: 2 National Titles. 2. Bobby BOWDEN 33 YEARS 304 wins @ FSU 2 National Titles. 3. Frank BEAMER 34 YEARS 280 wins and 1 playoff appearance.

Reality Check: Pete enters his 15 HC year in ‘20. Assuming he coaches another 10 years and averages 9 wins/ssn, he will hit 240 wins/25 years. If he coaches 35 years he will hit 330 WINS. He already has 2 undefeated seasons and 1 CFB playoff appearance. 2 Titles in next 20 years - I see it.

I don‘t know how long Pete wants to coach, BUT if he wants to coach for 10-20 more years here, GREAT! If not, I hope he doesn’t leave b/c tabloid fiction writers felt the pathetic need to say how much smarter they are then people who have actually accomplished great things! GO HUSKIES!
    Frank Beamer is used as a success story? Dude was consistently upper mediocre except one season with Michael Vick.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,526
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

Emoterman said:

A better forum format and website interface are not the root cause of the mediocre to poor response to this board that, in the beginning, held so much promise. The gentlemen who run this board are acknowledged as passionate experts but have allowed and fostered destructive negativity with no real constructive balance. All this does is run off those of us who, in principle, agree with most points made, but can't stomach the bitterness of angry negativity. Most positive statements made here are automatically referred to as "doogish" and those who post "doogish" statements are insulted and their posts discounted with a disdainful snobbishness. What does this do? It leaves five or six people here propping up each others negativity while the rest of us stop in from time to time to see if there is any improvement with content. Then we disappear off into the ether, disappointed again.

Admins must foster inclusion, ideas, debate, and constructive criticism. There has to be a balance. Otherwise, the gentlemen who run this website, as excellent as they can be, will not have a legitimate platform and will sink into the rubbish heap.

I want this place to be successful. Where are DataDawgs amazing graphics and stats? His content is positive, constructive, and may well have helped push Smalls back home. For all you negative people, remember this: just as much as smart, easy to understand stats presented with class and polish can pique the interest of a highly sought after recruit, continuous destructive bashing can have just the opposite effect. Whose to say a certain decommitted recruit's visit to ASU wasn't influenced, in part, by the destructive bludgeon that is Husky Twitter?

Do we deserve the best? Yes. Is this not a top city with a world class university? Yes. Should we be a perennial contender? Yes. Should we expect more than we are getting, right now? Yes. Are there issues with coaching and recruiting? Yes. Watching us lose the way we have this season is very painful. Changes must be made with our staff. I happen to believe Pete is no different than most of us 50+ year olds at the top of our profession. We got here because of pride, passion, goal oriented, and are results driven. At the same time, our pride can cause us to become oblivious to the obvious. This is where Pete is at right now. Unlike most posters left here on this board, I believe he is the right man for the job, he will right the ship, and will get us moving back in the right direction.

I challenge everyone here that feels the need to destroy: For every destructive post, come up with a constructive counterpoint.

A friend & a fellow Dawg fanatic sent me a screen shot of a Derek Johnson post (see attached.) I want to simply state that this post was utter DRIVEL. For someone who passes himself off as a “historian of Husky Football,” it was tantamount to the scurrilous, slanderous DRECK we expect from tabloid fiction writers!

The top ten highest paid coaches in college football were named recently - Pete is not one. Yet he has been rated by reputable college football magazines as high as the 4# coach in America.

I said before and will say again. We are not getting Saban or Dabo. The likelihood that Lake or Wilcox (who I love) will become the next Dabo or Saban are very, very low. Pete ain’t a placeholder!

We have a coach now who already ranks as one of the best coaches with 13.5 years under his belt. Already has 2 undefeated seasons and a CFB playoff “final four“ appearance.

Compare and Note: 1. Joe PATERNO 45 YEARS and 409 wins: 2 National Titles. 2. Bobby BOWDEN 33 YEARS 304 wins @ FSU 2 National Titles. 3. Frank BEAMER 34 YEARS 280 wins and 1 playoff appearance.

Reality Check: Pete enters his 15 HC year in ‘20. Assuming he coaches another 10 years and averages 9 wins/ssn, he will hit 240 wins/25 years. If he coaches 35 years he will hit 330 WINS. He already has 2 undefeated seasons and 1 CFB playoff appearance. 2 Titles in next 20 years - I see it.

I don‘t know how long Pete wants to coach, BUT if he wants to coach for 10-20 more years here, GREAT! If not, I hope he doesn’t leave b/c tabloid fiction writers felt the pathetic need to say how much smarter they are then people who have actually accomplished great things! GO HUSKIES!
    Frank Beamer is used as a success story? Dude was consistently upper mediocre except one season with Michael Vick.
    Whoosh!
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,411
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Beamer was a doog legend during Ty because it took him 10 years to win and we would have fired him
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,526
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Beamer was a doog legend during Ty because it took him 10 years to win and we would have fired him

Nil nil draw IMO
  • Options
    ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

Is there anything more devastating than a hardcore husky photo thread?

Tug Tavern threads
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Emoterman said:

I’m just glad we finally have a big dick gunslinger at QB. Might as well get on board now. @dflea
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

"The coaches are racist " crowd is dying the slow death they deserved. Good.

Idiots. Glad to see them fail.
  • Options
    JesseisabeastJesseisabeast Member Posts: 60
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited November 2019

That uppity Doog went and hit me in the head with a shovel
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,746
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    I can beat all those and shut down the thread; although only @RaceBannon and @dflea will know where this shithole country lies:

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AXVBtBJjLw

Buildings are empty like ghettos or ghost-towns
    It gives me a chill to think what was inside
    I can't seem to fathom the dark of my history
    I invented my own in Tacoma

#NekoForAllOccassions
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

Emoterman said:

Whoosh!
    I know everyone here thinks of Beamer as a doog legend, but someone on the higher standards board thinks we would be lucky if Pete was like Beamer.
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739

Too many ambulatory people.
    That’s us just assessing the scene.

I had originally poasted a totaled Maserati but deleted it because it seemed in bad taste.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

"The coaches are racist " crowd is dying the slow death they deserved. Good.

they are, specially bob gregory