Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Phil Bleenor FS...

Comments

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Anyone who thinks Lambright shouldn't have been fired when Kenny Wheaton crossed the 50 yard line is a fucking Doog.
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Your wheelhouse more time? We're you following recruiting in elementary school while my friends were covering and writing about it, setting up the 1st combines in this state, knowing who UW is recruiting before any worthless Seattle scribes? Fuck no. You were busy getting spit balls plastered to your goofy lookin mug and getting pummeled daily by the cool kids.

So don't give me "your wheelhouse" bullshit. We all went to those games and didn't need daddy to explain why #15 is in the game while #7, a 6-5, 220 lb freshman with the Lord's arm is standing on the sidelines. Now bugg-off
  • Options

Your wheelhouse more time? We're you following recruiting in elementary school while my friends were covering and writing about it, setting up the 1st combines in this state, knowing who UW is recruiting before any worthless Seattle scribes? Fuck no. You were busy getting spit balls plastered to your goofy lookin mug and getting pummeled daily by the cool kids.

So don't give me "your wheelhouse" bullshit. We all went to those games and didn't need daddy to explain why #15 is in the game while #7, a 6-5, 220 lb freshman with the Lord's arm is standing on the sidelines. Now bugg-off

You were friends with Kim Grinolds Fucking Stupid and his types back then?
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

More cock may have been one of the teen boys you stalked.
  • Options
    VegasdawgVegasdawg Member Posts: 370
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    I can't wait for a time when we don't have to rehash glory years that are two decades ago plus.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Lambo absolutely underachieved and he just didn't have the "it" needed to be a great HC.

Where I think the stature of Lambo goes up is that what you're comparing him to is Gilby, Lionel, and Dude Brah.

If you could have merged Lambo and Slick, you probably would have had a good coach.

Lambo recruited most of the guys that got to the Rose Bowl. He never could have got the team to that point though. Slick couldn't particularly recruit a well balanced roster. But the one thing he had for himself in spades was that he could motivate his players.

I don't want to say that the guys quit on Lambo in 1998, but it was clear that a change was needed at that point. I don't know of many guys that were interested in that bowl game other than the free trip to Hawaii.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    We talked about this in another thread but Lambo hugely underachieved. 94,95 and 97 should have been conference champs. 96 ASU had a once in a lifetime team (for a largely medicore program) but as some here noted James may have been able to beat them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    Lambo was the one who started the annual plunger raping and falling apart to end the year.

Usually the teams who plunger raped him you'd look back and they weren't that great(1998 Nebraska was very 2012 LSU).

1994 UW started off 5-1, finished 7-4.

1997: UW started off 7-1, finished 8-4.

1998: UW started off 5-2, finished 6-6.

The players also hated him. He was a prick and a shitty coach.

Had he coached in any other era his W-L% wouldn't have been as good. 1998 was the first year his roster wasn't full of nfl talent and you saw what happened.
  • Options
    I remember I had every pre season magazine from 1997. That was really the most disappointing season ever. You had a preseason consensus top 5 team that went 8-4. Yes, UCLA came on and WSU was good but split those games and you probably go to the Rose Bowl. If James coaches that team it is in the discussion for NC very late in the season.

2003 was also a big disappointment. Gilby was the worst fucking coach ever, even worse than Tyroan. That was the year we'd find out if Rick was going to be good or mediocre. There was easily enough talent on that team to go 9-3. How do you beat a top 25 Oregon St team on the road by 20 one week and then lose to a 2 win Arizona? How do you lose to Nevada but beat a top 15 WSU team?

Rick probably would have been fired in 04 or 05 but a good coach would have had this thing turned around by the 06-07 seasons.

Also Bleenor is a fucking idiot because Baird didn't get a job after being shitcanned and Rick's recruiting coordinator, Chuck Heater was hired by Urban Meyer and won 2 NC's. Not even Kim is that fucking stupid.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I remember I had every pre season magazine from 1997. That was really the most disappointing season ever. You had a preseason consensus top 5 team that went 8-4. Yes, UCLA came on and WSU was good but split those games and you probably go to the Rose Bowl. If James coaches that team it is in the discussion for NC very late in the season.

2003 was also a big disappointment. Gilby was the worst fucking coach ever, even worse than Tyroan. That was the year we'd find out if Rick was going to be good or mediocre. There was easily enough talent on that team to go 9-3. How do you beat a top 25 Oregon St team on the road by 20 one week and then lose to a 2 win Arizona? How do you lose to Nevada but beat a top 15 WSU team?

Rick probably would have been fired in 04 or 05 but a good coach would have had this thing turned around by the 06-07 seasons.

Also Bleenor is a fucking idiot because Baird didn't get a job after being shitcanned and Rick's recruiting coordinator, Chuck Heater was hired by Urban Meyer and won 2 NC's. Not even Kim is that fucking stupid.

disagree

• Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,876
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited March 2014

2003 was also a big disappointment.Gilby was the worst fucking coach ever, even worse than Tyroan. That was the year we'd find out if Rick was going to be good or mediocre. There was easily enough talent on that team to go 9-3. How do you beat a top 25 Oregon St team on the road by 20 one week and then lose to a 2 win Arizona? How do you lose to Nevada but beat a top 15 WSU team?

Yes.

I went to the both the Nevada game and the USC game. Back then, NV was more of a bottom feeder. They might have still been in the Big West. It doesn't really matter because we lost by double digits if I recall correctly. Excluding the dreck from 2004 to 2008, That was the worst loss since the 1985 Oregon State game.

The USC lost was just sad. I don't think they could have kept up with them, even with a good coach, but they could have kept it close.

The other horrible loss was vs Arizona. They were a bad team in turmoil under John Mackovic. In fact, I think a lot of them had quit by then. There was simply no excuse for dropping that one.

The 2003 team should have been able to go 8-4. It didn't have top five talent, but it had t. 25 talent
  • Options
    Gilby was a fucking disaster first game. I remember against Ohio State down 28-3 in the 4th quarter facing a 4th and 1 on the Ohio State 39 the mother fucker decides to punt. Totally fucking gutless.

The players totally fucking hated him as when they wanted to perform(NW games) they proved they had the horses to do so.

As for Lambo that guy blew so many games. Like I said his W-L is really inflated because he had so much talent. Had James been coaching 1994-1997 era the Huskies are playing in four new years day bowl games and finishing the year ranked in the top 10 three different times.

Fuck Doogs like PLSS and Fleenor for still trying to pretend Lambo was a good coach. Talk to the fucking players. Chorak has no problem telling you how he feels about Lambo as a head coach.
  • Options
    TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Poor Lambo...... had to work for the Botox Bitch, who did run off UW's greatest head football coach, had more on his plate at work and at home than he could handle, and then gets fired from his dream job after that hugely embarrassing loss to Air Force in Hawaii. And NOW........ here comes blowhard Phil Bleener praising him to the doog heavens and apologizing on the Internet for his career closing 7-4 exit! Poor Lambo,.... the guy doesn't need twisted platitudes even though it is only the Internet.
  • Options

Down voted because you forgot PUT IN SWEETMAN!
  • Options
    Put in Sweetman was 2004. Yes, I'm Sweetman superiority guy. He had a few kneel downs against Arizona in that unexpected 2005 blowout. I was the only one cheering.

And PuppySteel's silence in this thread speaks volumes.
  • Options

Put in Sweetman was 2004. Yes, I'm Sweetman superiority guy. He had a few kneel downs against Arizona in that unexpected 2005 blowout. I was the only one cheering.

PLSS spoke and already doog it up for Lambo in this thread.

Chest is right. In 2003 Doogs were begging to put in Paus. Sweetman was during the dreckfest years.
  • Options

Dammit you're right.
  • Options
    longduckdonglongduckdong Member Posts: 1,009
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Goes so far to say that Lambo (as a HC) needed a better AD.

Cool story bro.....who the hell is
    Had Lambright not been fired he would have had his best recruiting class as a head coach. Rick survived for awhile with Jim's recruits. Jim and Dick Baird were better evaluators, recruiters in terms of knowing the need for balanced classes and solid lines.

So, I don't agree with your summation at all. Lambright had a lot of talent on campus that was young and we were building the numbers back from sanctions. He would have won a ton of games going forward had he not been fired. Jim really needed a good AD - he didn't have one.

This was in response to a poster telling him Lambo went 7-4 with the best roster in the conference.

Who is Bleenor?