Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Dick Baird

Comments

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

I like what Millen brings fully. I wish Baird wouldn't cut him off. Perhaps Baird cutting Hugh off before he gets going too much keeps Hugh in good enough stead with the program to keep getting all-22 copy, though, so maybe there's that. Football's awesome because it's complex; I don't want it dumbed down for me. If there's a fuck up on the field or in the booth, I want it described to me in the same way it's going to be described to the fuck-up-er in the film room or coach's meeting, not sugarcoated.

Fair point.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,687
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Canadawg said:

I dont hate softy like some do. I think he is an actor and genuinly likes the dawgs. Tells players to stay and play, recruits, gets Peteresen on his toes in the conferences. Hes a goof but passionate one at least.

Millen I love. I learn a ton from his break downs. Takes are pretty rock solid and isnt afraid to tell it like it is. Favorite part of the honks.

Not sure...what Baird is... It seems like all he does is make excuses for poor play and tells people to go easy on the kids. Finding him more and more frusterating to listen to.

Softy just taunted Duck fans about what they are going to do when Cristobal takes the Miami job. He’s bad.
    Why would Duck fans worry about losing Mario Meat? Can't coach and overrated recruiter. Decommit U and fake four stars. Offers everybody ....
    Still butthurt about his lover
    This is so disappointing. Haie, sure. You? Didn't think I'd live to see it. I always held you up as someone who'd take their medicine. Never fear though: there is still plenty of season left for Meat to screw up. He has to play Arizona after all.
    You already bailed on your medicine after Auburn

I haven't moved

I'm sure your boyfriend is great. Really
  • Options

Canadawg said:

I dont hate softy like some do. I think he is an actor and genuinly likes the dawgs. Tells players to stay and play, recruits, gets Peteresen on his toes in the conferences. Hes a goof but passionate one at least.

Millen I love. I learn a ton from his break downs. Takes are pretty rock solid and isnt afraid to tell it like it is. Favorite part of the honks.

Not sure...what Baird is... It seems like all he does is make excuses for poor play and tells people to go easy on the kids. Finding him more and more frusterating to listen to.

Softy just taunted Duck fans about what they are going to do when Cristobal takes the Miami job. He’s bad.
    Why would Duck fans worry about losing Mario Meat? Can't coach and overrated recruiter. Decommit U and fake four stars. Offers everybody ....
    This is so disappointing. Haie, sure. You? Didn't think I'd live to see it. I always held you up as someone who'd take their medicine. Never fear though: there is still plenty of season left for Meat to screw up. He has to play Arizona after all.

I haven't moved

Disappointed.

I'm still here.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Canadawg said:

I haven't moved

Disappointed.

I'm still here.
    You bailed for two weeks and now if anyone even looks cross eyed at your boyfriend we get a ten paragraph love letter to him from you

You fit in a lot better with @DJDuck on your own board duck
  • Options
    edited November 2019

Canadawg said:

I haven't moved

Disappointed.

I'm still here.
    You bailed for two weeks and now if anyone even looks cross eyed at your boyfriend we get a ten paragraph love letter to him from you

Even more disappointed.

You're changing the narrative as time goes on, which you're good at of course. But I've been around a while. My position has been crystal clear. That you and your circle of goon friends try and reframe my position is of no consequence. Those who can operate outside your draft w/o remedial course work know what I did and didn't say about it. You want to think I personally care about some guy who played on the line for Miami 200 years ago, or that the Cuban thing is a real thing, have at it. The truth is that I like to be right almost as much as do you. That's all this is about. Thus far, I was more right about him that the goon squad.

Like I said, he still has play the Arizona's. Lots of time for him to help you guys out.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Canadawg said:

I haven't moved

Disappointed.

I'm still here.

Even more disappointed.

You're changing the narrative as time goes on, which you're good at of course. But I've been around a while. My position has been crystal clear. That you and your circle of goon friends try and reframe my position is of no consequence. Those who can operate outside your draft w/o remedial course work know what I did and didn't say about it. You want to think I personally care about some guy who played on the line for Miami 200 years ago, or that the Cuban thing is a real thing, have at it. The truth is that I like to be right almost as much as do you. That's all this is about. Thus far, I was more right about him that the goon squad.

Like I said, he still has play the Arizona's. Lots of time for him to help you guys out.
    words words words words words

I was right

I know you personally care about him. A LOT
  • Options

Canadawg said:

I haven't moved

Disappointed.

I'm still here.

Even more disappointed.

words words words words words

I was right

I know you personally care about him. A LOT
    So was I ... thus far, special feelings or no special feelings.

Words and time are my stock in trade. Thought you knew that.

Ok!!
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    But only I troll the trolls
  • Options
    SevenElevenSevenEleven Member Posts: 318
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited November 2019

It's 2019. Thinking that Oregon is going to just go away due to a coach is pure doogish fantasy at this point. It's 25 years removed from 1994 and they've had 5 coaches since Rich Brooks. Some of which are ok and some of which are awful. The only one we ever thought was really any good, Chip, has been a complete dumpster fire at every other coaching job he's had, to the point that I'm not sure I even believe he really did anything at oregon anymore. Slingblade is probably the worst of the bunch and he took them to the title game.

Meat is a mediocre coach their fans didn't even want when he was hired. If he leaves, there's at least a coinflip chance they get someone better anyway.

oregon's not going to just disappear. With the NCAA letting players profit from their names, Nike will see to that.
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,148
    My issue has never been with Softy. He’s a character and plays it on air. It’s his knuckle dragging followers who think they can be something in life because a fellow academic fuck-up was able to become “famous” (hosting a sports radio show is famous to the functionally retarded).

The people who say “love ya, Soft One” deserve to be put out to pasture more than Baird
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Canadawg said:

I’m not sure if they should necessarily worry, but that this is what Softy has resorted to. No wonder our fans have little brother syndrome.
  • Options

Canadawg said:

I’m not sure if they should necessarily worry, but that this is what Softy has resorted to. No wonder our fans have little brother syndrome.
    Softy is a doog. And as I've maintained for a some time, this place isn't quite the sanctuary from doogness that it claims to be. Sure, it's better than Kim's School for Retards. And, sure, @Ballz is smarter than Krisvashon.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Canadawg said:

Softy is a doog. And as I've maintained for a some time, this place isn't quite the sanctuary from doogness that it claims to be. Sure, it's better than Kim's School for Retards. And, sure, @Ballz is smarter than Krisvashon.
    Perhaps, but also a place where said doogs are told to fuck off. As a bipolar doog myself, I don't care whether doogs post here or not. Open your mouth, say your piece, and expect to get kicked in the teeth.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Canadawg said:

Oregon can be good, bad or irrelevant. If Washington is great nothing else matters. Worry about what you can control, ignore the rest.
  • Options

Canadawg said:

Perhaps, but also a place where said doogs are told to fuck off. As a bipolar doog myself, I don't care whether doogs post here or not. Open your mouth, say your piece, and expect to get kicked in the teeth.
    I was expecting a fun image after that, but was disappointed to see you stayed on topic.
  • Options
    whuggy said:

Canadawg said:

Oregon can be good, bad or irrelevant. If Washington is great nothing else matters. Worry about what you can control, ignore the rest.
    Some of the connection with Oregon, besides just history, is this idea that it would somehow hurt Washington to have another powerhouse in the PNW because of limited recruiting resources. Both programs recruit out of area anyway, and with the right coach can do it quite well. I myself think it's in everyone's interest for there to be eyes on teams in the PNW, and the rivalry between W and O does that more than W's annual beat down of Cuog! I like the fact that an announcer said the other day that the W/O rivalry has grown to one of the best in the country. When I was growing up, nobody ever said anything like that about any program in the PNW.