Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

DM to Cuog

Comments

• Options
    lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited October 2019

I just think it is interesting that WSU does so well against the teams UW melts in the face of then shrivels up in the AC

It’s pretty easy. Browning couldnt expose Oregon’s secondary. Minshew and whatever the hell Leach puts out there has.

This is the first year where I am confident Oregon can tackle in the flats and can play with 5 DBs and actually rotate players in and out.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,462
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Other than hanging 70 on Oregon sure Browning couldn't exploit them
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited October 2019

ntxduck said:

Statistically yes, it’s more likely than not Oregon drops one of their remaining games. It also won’t matter since the north is already locked up and a 12-1 Pac12 team isn’t making the playoff

Says who? If Oklahomo drops one to their weak conference competition, they are out and it frees up a space. None of this matters though right now. The only thing that matters this week is beating the coug.
    Believe it or not, Clemson has arguably played the worst football out of the top 5 teams right now. They almost lost at UNC earlier this year. I could easily see a team like South Carolina snipe them at the end of the season, especially with South Carolina at home.
    Alabama has a weak schedule too, they play nobodies except for LSU and Auburn. They shouldn't be ranked at number 1. That spot belongs to LSU.
    That will play itself out. Both Alabama and LSU aren’t getting in over a 1 loss P5 conference champ. A one loss conference champ in any conference tops the Pac 12 champ except for Clemson in the ACC. After Clemson, the next best team is basically Arizona. A one loss Clemson will not have the resume as a one loss Oregon or one loss Utah
    Agree about Clemson. The SEC gets a spot regardless. Big 10 is stronger than the PAC 12 currently. But why the hell should a one loss Big 12 conference champ in that weak conference get in over a 1 loss PAC 12 champ?
  • Options

Oregon had the worst defense in all of CFB. Browning was 2-2 against Oregon and beat the worst defense in CFB and Braxton Burmeister.

• Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited October 2019

ntxduck said:

Statistically yes, it’s more likely than not Oregon drops one of their remaining games. It also won’t matter since the north is already locked up and a 12-1 Pac12 team isn’t making the playoff

Says who? If Oklahomo drops one to their weak conference competition, they are out and it frees up a space. None of this matters though right now. The only thing that matters this week is beating the coug.
    Believe it or not, Clemson has arguably played the worst football out of the top 5 teams right now. They almost lost at UNC earlier this year. I could easily see a team like South Carolina snipe them at the end of the season, especially with South Carolina at home.
    Alabama has a weak schedule too, they play nobodies except for LSU and Auburn. They shouldn't be ranked at number 1. That spot belongs to LSU.
    That will play itself out. Both Alabama and LSU aren’t getting in over a 1 loss P5 conference champ. A one loss conference champ in any conference tops the Pac 12 champ except for Clemson in the ACC. After Clemson, the next best team is basically Arizona. A one loss Clemson will not have the resume as a one loss Oregon or one loss Utah
    Agree about Clemson. The SEC gets a spot regardless. Big 10 is stronger than the PAC 12 currently. But why the hell should a one loss Big 12 conference champ in that weak conference get in over a 1 loss PAC 12 champ?
    Because by season end Oklahoma would at least have 2 top 25 victories, about the same as Oregon and Utah. Clemson wouldn’t have any.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    lawsandl said:

Oregon had the worst defense in all of CFB. Browning was 2-2 against Oregon and beat the worst defense in CFB and Braxton Burmeister.

So he did exploit them

Thanks
  • Options
    dongmandongman Member Posts: 2,384
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Oregon often plays down to the level of their opponent, which this week is the cuog. And if there is one team that is good at beating the cuogs it’s cuogs. So take WSU in this one as UO bumbles its way to a loss. Or maybe Oregon will plunger the cuogs to the tune of 49-13. Whatever
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,519
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dongman said:

Oregon often plays down to the level of their opponent, which this week is the cuog. And if there is one team that is good at beating the cuogs it’s cuogs. So take WSU in this one as UO bumbles its way to a loss. Or maybe Oregon will plunger the cuogs to the tune of 49-13. Whatever

Or WSU will get destroyed.
  • Options
    dongmandongman Member Posts: 2,384
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    haie said:

dongman said:

See the last sentence? Learn to read
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    ntxduck said:

I think Oregon could absolutely make it at 12-1.

I don't think they're likely to go 12-1 but if they do, they'll be in the playoff.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

You'll always have Paris. Imagine what Chip could have laid on you guys if he had tried to run up the score. 100, easy.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    SFGbob said:

You'll always have Paris. Imagine what Chip could have laid on you guys if he had tried to run up the score. 100, easy.
    Chip didn't want Sark fired. Pete got Helfrich fired
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,519
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dongman said:

haie said:

dongman said:

See the last sentence? Learn to read
    Apologies. I barely read past the first sentence of your vicougarious bullshit.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

You’re right, and neither did I.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dnc said:

ntxduck said:

I think Oregon could absolutely make it at 12-1.

I don't think they're likely to go 12-1 but if they do, they'll be in the playoff.
    No PAC 12 team has ever been left out with one loss.

• Options
    edited October 2019
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

You’re right, and neither did I.
    Its cool. You’re contemplating how your Blazers get out of the impending 5-9 start to somehow make the playoffs. It’s a real concern.

Fuck nvm.

REPLY FAIL!!!

Bob. Keep your ass on the Tug where you belong!!!
  • Options
    lawsandl said:

I just think it is interesting that WSU does so well against the teams UW melts in the face of then shrivels up in the AC

It’s pretty easy. Browning couldnt expose Oregon’s secondary. Minshew and whatever the hell Leach puts out there has.

This is the first year where I am confident Oregon can tackle in the flats and can play with 5 DBs and actually rotate players in and out.
    Look at you, with your new Big Boy pants and learning how to pull them up.

Pampers has to be proud.
  • Options
    salemcoog said:

lawsandl said:

Pampers has to be proud.
    You might think this is clever but it's really not.

It must be fun trolling Oregon fans on an UW site when Oregon fans couldn't really care less.

Good for WSU having a 4 game win streak.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,117
    Founders Club
  • Options
    lawsandl said:

salemcoog said:

lawsandl said:

Pampers has to be proud.
    You might think this is clever but it's really not.

It must be fun trolling Oregon fans on an UW site when Oregon fans couldn't really care less.

Good for WSU having a 4 game win streak.
    Textbook Beta white flag wave.