Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Welp, it was fun while it lasted.

Comments

• Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,752
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Pete fucking sucks; tarmac his ass.

Make Jimmy Lake HC, keep Kwat as DC and bring in Tedford as OC and fuck everyone in sight.

Fuck Jimmy Lake and his Swiss cheese D
    Best DB Coach in the Country. But not a great DC.
  • Options
    DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,268
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I hear the views from atop deception pass are fantastic this tim of year
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Strength and conditioning is not there this year

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,424
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,959
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Strength and conditioning is not there this year

Is there some reason those two retards keep blowing the mid 5?
    Too much raw power.
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Petersen currently has a .684 winning % at UW. The UW football team has an all time winning % of .617.

Curious what a realistic expectation for a HC should be right now? Better because the PNW is getting more recruits? What kind of a record would you be happu with year in and year out?

Seems like after going .800 for a few seasons you can understand a .600 season
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Why are you thumbsdowning a question?
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,802
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    I read the thread title and thought @Swaye was getting a divorce.

I can't be the only one who had that thought.
  • Options
    digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,418
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

What makes you fucking losers think we even deserve a national championship caliber coach? Pete was the hire of the decade and this is what we're getting. News flash idiots, we don't have the finances, fan support, or profile to go get anyone better. Hope Pete evolves or be happy we're not ucla. Those are your options. If you want something better you're following the wrong program.

We don't have the finances, fan support, or profile, huh?

OK!

Athletic Department Donations in 2018:

1. Washington $34.3M
    2. ASU $25M
    3. Oregon $25M
    4. Arizona $23M
    5. UCLA $19M
    6. CU $18.4M
    7. Cal $18M
    8. OSU $10.2M
    9. Utah $9.6M
    10. WSU $9.3M

Total Fan Investment in 2018 (Ticket Sales + Donations):

1. Washington $63.7M
    2. Oregon $51.3M
    3. ASU $37.4M
    4. Zona $37M
    4. UCLA $37M
    6. Colorado $32.9M
    7. Cal $28.6M
    8. Utah $28.3M
    9. OSU $21.6M
    10. WSU $17.7M

• Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,526
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited October 2019
    I stand with digits.
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

FirePete said:

Swaye said:

I'm over it. Fire Peterman. He is not who we hoped he was. Experiment is over. Time to get a new Coach or just go all in on Just a Bit Better Than Sark for life.

There is no one better.

He either evolves or we continue to suck.
    This. Don’t be dumb and pretend there are tons of great coaches in CFB. We have a good one that gets in his own way. He needs to stop being stubborn and realize the stupid shit he does. There is no reason a smart guy like him can justify some of these decisions.
    Exactly.

Right now UW has a coach with an elite infrastructure and foundation. Player development is there, strength and conditioning is there, and recruiting is there.

The thing that is missing is in game shit, and it's because he's fucking stubborn and believes his own shit to a fault. He needs to learn, and fucking adjust. And maybe, just maybe, a year in which everything lined up but went completely sideways because of his own fucking faults will make him evolve.

Everyone who wants to #FirePete is feeling this way only because they expect more from him. For once, we have a coach that everyone expects to win a championship. That is where this frustration is stemming from. If we had a shit coach, no one would be pissed because we wouldn't have expectations.

I just can't join the #FirePete movement, because I am un-fucking-willing to go through more Rick, Ty, Sark fucking shit. I'm not going to cycle coaches every 3 years in hope of finding lightning in a bottle or the "Next" unproven coach who becomes elite. I am un-fucking-willing to be USC or UCLA just cycling through coaches preying they return to glory. That is why USC is talking about Urban. He's proven to be elite. They can get him because of who they are. They are tired of looking for the "Next guy".

We can't get Urban. But we do have Pete. We do have a coach that wins 10 games year in and year out and competes for conference titles. Pete has shown a history of changing, it just takes him fucking forever. There is less of a chance of finding the "Next" unproven coach who becomes eliete than the chance of Pete evolving.

Either Pete evolves and we win championships but it likely takes a few years, or I die watching fucktarded coaches fuck up the best talent that we've had in years and the elite talent that is coming over the next few years.

But if you think firing Pete and being the next USC or UCLA cycling through coaches and going through another decade of futility, then you're just fucking wrong and you're letting your emotions (which are valid) overrule your logic.

Which is par for the course at HH, so I'm surprised I'm surprised.
    Stfu, where is this player development at ILB?? Why can’t the supposedly the best cover corner on the team can’t fucking tackle??? Get off Pete’s sack. He deserves all this shit that is coming his way
    Yes, Pete deserves all of the shit and criticism he is getting from the media and the fans. He's fucked this season up beyond repair. He fucked up recruiting at ILB by not getting anyone, ran off an ILB, and the only one we could count on lost his career to injuries. He royally fucked that shit up.

Not just Keith Taylor, but the entire defense has tackled like shit. The biggest strength of the defense has become a glaring weakness and is allowing chunk plays that the bend but don't break defensive scheme can't handle. That shit is fucked up and needs to be fixed.

He also controls the offense, relies too heavily on older players that he is loyal to instead of letting young players with talent play with growing pains, and keeps coaches longer than he should. All shit he needs to fucking change.

Deserving criticism and demanding change from him is a fuck load different than saying fire his ass and hire someone who will get it done, which frankly, I'm still waiting to hear who that person is.

I have zero issue with restless natives, pissed off fans, or Hardcore Husky members who are fucking over this team and it's bullshit. It's fine to demand more.

But literally none of what I said above points to firing a proven coach in a landscape where it is nearly impossible to find anyone worth a fuck who can keep a program not only relevant, but also consistent enough to recruit high end talent because they are good, and then break through the fucking college football elite ceiling. USC, UCLA, Florida, Florida State, Michigan, Miami, Texas, Georgia, LSU, and literally everyone not named Alabama or Clemson is trying to figure it out.

Let alone firing one with an elite infrastructure who's main fault is game management and fucking up his offense. So he just needs to evolve as a coach to get the fuck out of his own way. Good luck finding a prince with less fucking warts than him.

So yeah, forgive me if I don't agree with the resident retard of the board who readily admits he's an idiot and just copies and pastes memes or thoughts from other much smarter members for 95% of his comments when he decides to start prattling on with inane comments about FirePete FirePete FirePete when he questions my line of thought.
    And again, my point, is that Petersen has fucked this season and needs to figure it the fuck out moving forward.

Because there isn't a #MagicFeather (shoutout @GrundleStiltzkin) coach that is going to come in here and just take it to that next level.

Either he evolves, or we're fucked forever.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

FirePete said:

Swaye said:

I'm over it. Fire Peterman. He is not who we hoped he was. Experiment is over. Time to get a new Coach or just go all in on Just a Bit Better Than Sark for life.

There is no one better.

He either evolves or we continue to suck.
    This. Don’t be dumb and pretend there are tons of great coaches in CFB. We have a good one that gets in his own way. He needs to stop being stubborn and realize the stupid shit he does. There is no reason a smart guy like him can justify some of these decisions.
    Exactly.

Right now UW has a coach with an elite infrastructure and foundation. Player development is there, strength and conditioning is there, and recruiting is there.

The thing that is missing is in game shit, and it's because he's fucking stubborn and believes his own shit to a fault. He needs to learn, and fucking adjust. And maybe, just maybe, a year in which everything lined up but went completely sideways because of his own fucking faults will make him evolve.

Everyone who wants to #FirePete is feeling this way only because they expect more from him. For once, we have a coach that everyone expects to win a championship. That is where this frustration is stemming from. If we had a shit coach, no one would be pissed because we wouldn't have expectations.

I just can't join the #FirePete movement, because I am un-fucking-willing to go through more Rick, Ty, Sark fucking shit. I'm not going to cycle coaches every 3 years in hope of finding lightning in a bottle or the "Next" unproven coach who becomes elite. I am un-fucking-willing to be USC or UCLA just cycling through coaches preying they return to glory. That is why USC is talking about Urban. He's proven to be elite. They can get him because of who they are. They are tired of looking for the "Next guy".

We can't get Urban. But we do have Pete. We do have a coach that wins 10 games year in and year out and competes for conference titles. Pete has shown a history of changing, it just takes him fucking forever. There is less of a chance of finding the "Next" unproven coach who becomes eliete than the chance of Pete evolving.

Either Pete evolves and we win championships but it likely takes a few years, or I die watching fucktarded coaches fuck up the best talent that we've had in years and the elite talent that is coming over the next few years.

But if you think firing Pete and being the next USC or UCLA cycling through coaches and going through another decade of futility, then you're just fucking wrong and you're letting your emotions (which are valid) overrule your logic.

Which is par for the course at HH, so I'm surprised I'm surprised.
    Stfu, where is this player development at ILB?? Why can’t the supposedly the best cover corner on the team can’t fucking tackle??? Get off Pete’s sack. He deserves all this shit that is coming his way
    Yes, Pete deserves all of the shit and criticism he is getting from the media and the fans. He's fucked this season up beyond repair. He fucked up recruiting at ILB by not getting anyone, ran off an ILB, and the only one we could count on lost his career to injuries. He royally fucked that shit up.

Not just Keith Taylor, but the entire defense has tackled like shit. The biggest strength of the defense has become a glaring weakness and is allowing chunk plays that the bend but don't break defensive scheme can't handle. That shit is fucked up and needs to be fixed.

He also controls the offense, relies too heavily on older players that he is loyal to instead of letting young players with talent play with growing pains, and keeps coaches longer than he should. All shit he needs to fucking change.

Deserving criticism and demanding change from him is a fuck load different than saying fire his ass and hire someone who will get it done, which frankly, I'm still waiting to hear who that person is.

I have zero issue with restless natives, pissed off fans, or Hardcore Husky members who are fucking over this team and it's bullshit. It's fine to demand more.

But literally none of what I said above points to firing a proven coach in a landscape where it is nearly impossible to find anyone worth a fuck who can keep a program not only relevant, but also consistent enough to recruit high end talent because they are good, and then break through the fucking college football elite ceiling. USC, UCLA, Florida, Florida State, Michigan, Miami, Texas, Georgia, LSU, and literally everyone not named Alabama or Clemson is trying to figure it out.

Let alone firing one with an elite infrastructure who's main fault is game management and fucking up his offense. So he just needs to evolve as a coach to get the fuck out of his own way. Good luck finding a prince with less fucking warts than him.

So yeah, forgive me if I don't agree with the resident retard of the board who readily admits he's an idiot and just copies and pastes memes or thoughts from other much smarter members for 95% of his comments when he decides to start prattling on with inane comments about FirePete FirePete FirePete when he questions my line of thought.
    Well can we at least fire Gregory and Bush
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,313
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I've agreed with pretty much everything you've brought to the board this week, but the bolded items stood out as worth discussing (beats work...).

I'm NOT happy with where the linebacker position is at this point. The performance out of that position group has done more to fuck this team this season than ANY of the other issues--WR drops, Pete's fucked game management, etc. There is a legitimate gripe that the ball was dropped at recruiting this position, and this left a huge hole. That being said, Beavers was a stud who well overplayed his recruiting ranking--a testament to good development--and it's silly to fault the staff for medical issues keeping him off the field. I'm also not faulting them for "running off" Eifler without knowing all of the details of that situation. We can't claim that Petersen is elite at the 90% of the job Sunday through Friday, January through August, but then just assume that--with zero knowledge of the situation--the decisions that led to a single player leaving weren't the right ones to make for the program and culture overall. Maybe it was a fuckup, sure, but I don't think there's any evidence that would conclusively point to it being so. So, yeah, fuck the giant hole in the middle of the defense, but I disagree with those two examples as the specific two you chose to support that position.

Tackling. Holy shit this is the biggest mystery of this entire season, and I'm right there with you. Particularly when, like you point out, the entire defensive philosophy relies on making EVERY tackle to prevent big plays and force long, challenging drives. I missed the story in the offseason describing how Keith Taylor lost both of his arms in a freak accident, but it's like that guy completely forgot the concept of wrapping up between last season and this. Watching his play at the end of last season, covering like a boss and being a physical beast against the run and screen game, how could one not project Taylor as an absolute star in 2019? Or Wellington? Or Onwuzurike? Or Tryon? Or Molden? Somehow, every single one of these guys has managed to either tread water or, in most cases, regress year-on-year, to the point where Ryan Fucking Bowman looks like the best player in the front seven (no disrespect to him, as his play since moving inside more has been damned impressive) and a true freshman corner is the only sure tackler on the whole fucking skwaad. What the actual fuck were the staff doing with these guys all offseason?

That last bolded line is also an interesting point, as I think we're all collectively off in our criticism of Petersen's personnel decisions on offense. What's strange is that he's had no problems throwing huge roles at young players in the past, bypassing older players in the process. Browning, Adams, Gaskin, Pettis, Harris, Otton, and Bryant being obvious ones, but the one that really stands out to me is burning the redshirt of and giving quite a bit of run to Aaron Fuller as a true freshman. I think there's a chance that it has nothing to do with seniority or talent but rather some other quality that Petersen prizes above either (ability to align properly and understand one's responsibility on every play, probably). The downside to this theory is that, if true, it means it's not as simple as "play the talent" to fix the problems. It would require a complete change of philosophy, and Petersen has not proven to be willing to do this.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,934
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

Don't worry, Swaye. Soon you'll have a little bundle of joy who will distract you from the misery and give your life true perspective.

Eh, who the hell am I kidding. I am miserable and my life has no meaning because Pete shit the bed again.
  • Options
    JustWinNowJustWinNow Member Posts: 357
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    digits said:

What makes you fucking losers think we even deserve a national championship caliber coach? Pete was the hire of the decade and this is what we're getting. News flash idiots, we don't have the finances, fan support, or profile to go get anyone better. Hope Pete evolves or be happy we're not ucla. Those are your options. If you want something better you're following the wrong program.

We don't have the finances, fan support, or profile, huh?

OK!

Athletic Department Donations in 2018:

1. Washington $34.3M
    2. ASU $25M
    3. Oregon $25M
    4. Arizona $23M
    5. UCLA $19M
    6. CU $18.4M
    7. Cal $18M
    8. OSU $10.2M
    9. Utah $9.6M
    10. WSU $9.3M

Total Fan Investment in 2018 (Ticket Sales + Donations):

1. Washington $63.7M
    2. Oregon $51.3M
    3. ASU $37.4M
    4. Zona $37M
    4. UCLA $37M
    6. Colorado $32.9M
    7. Cal $28.6M
    8. Utah $28.3M
    9. OSU $21.6M
    10. WSU $17.7M

Holy shite. You are bringing the digits. Makes my fire Pete montra even stronger. I'm tired of losing games by the coaching staff calling the most bull shit plays of all time. Stop the Jimmy bashing. You same fags were sucking his balls all these years. I think he is just fine. We have a young defense because we sent players to the NFL. I don't blame the young d. I blame the shitty recruiting and that is Pete's fault. Everything is Pete's fault fuck him. Why is babushka gone and yet we are running the same fucken bull shit plays? Because of Pete. He is the cause. He is the reason we lose games we could have won. Fire Pete right now or after the end of the season. I don't care. It just needs to be done already.