Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Welp, it was fun while it lasted.

124»

Comments

• KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849
    I’d row the boat with PJ Fleck.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849
    Swaye said:

I agree with everyone who says "Jen will not fire Pete anytime soon so let's hope he evolves." This is correct. Jen isn't doing shit with Pete. I do not agree with "We can't get anyone better so let's hope Pete evolves." Sure, we can't probably get a better known commodity to come here, but who is to say we can't find better? Pete's ceiling is a CFP berth where we get manhandled with Tedford, or getting ass pounded in NY6 games without him.

We have had 6 years with him. To me the ceiling of the program should not be to win a shitty Pac 12 and then get throttled by any big boy program in the land. I have higher standards than that.

So sure, I agree Jen isn't going to shitcan him so I guess let's all just hope he makes some changes and evolves. Hope is a terrible strategy of course, but in my perfect world we would cut bait and try again with someone else. I find it very unlikely Pete ever wins a NC at UW. That is the standard. He's too stubborn to change enough of his approach to do it imo. I hope I'm wrong. I rarely am.

How and why is winning a Natty the standard at UW?
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,672 Founders Club
    salemcoog said:

I’d row the boat with PJ Fleck.

https://gophersports.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=351

They could get to 8-0 this week and finish 8-4 which is such a Gopher thing to do.

When the planets and the schedule align they often get off to a hot start only to crash when the real teams show up

One thing different this year is that they actually beat classy Nebraska who suck but still