Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Rick v. Petersen

2»

Comments

• Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,610
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

FirePete said:

Pete does have a legit #4 finish and playoff appearance. Everything else is meh and highlighted by frustratingly close losses in big games.

I think Pete has the potential to get thinks back to 2016ish levels. The recruiting is promising. But he needs to win a big game and win it badly. He needs to win whatever trash bowl game we end up in this year to get to 2-4 in bowl games...

I’m not as concerned with the big games. We gotta get there first. The intensity has dropped with the OKG’s. I was at the Oregon game and it seemed like a really high level scrimmage when in reality, it was probably the game to win the North.
    @sonics1993 great locker room with bunch a kids that are docile and don’t have an edge, but a great locker room right?
    I disagree that they don't have a edge, Just because they aren't up in people's faces doesn't mean they don't play tough bit go ahead and make your assumptions. The truth is they just don't have veteran talent at some key positions (ILB, DL and WR). Really not that hard to comprehend.
    Sonics...you seem fairly reasonable for this place.

The biggest problem with the team has to be the offensive scheme and playcalling, right?

Ive said it before and Ill say it again. The roster is completely mismanaged. The good players dont play, the playcalling is predictable.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,578
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2019
    None of these comparisons hold weight.

Pete could be Bellotti or maybe Tedford. We don’t know yet.

He isn’t Shaw, who had tuff lines but didn’t build that (hi Obama!). Still, he laughs at Pete’s faggy gadget offense and big game embarrassments.

Neu and Lambo don’t make sense either for reasons already mentioned.

Hope and pray Pete can change man. At this point, the program is back to being over and we are a beta cuck school until proven otherwise.
  • Options
    Your_MomYour_Mom Member Posts: 393
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper Photogenic
    Rick's OC was Gilby.

Gilby was also our OC for the 91 team.

Why not hire Gilby as on offensive consultant.
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Rick:

33-16

1 Pac 10 title in four years
    number three ranking
    Made and won Rose Bowl (one Pac 10 title)
    2-1 v. Oregon
    beat THe U which had like 25 NFl players and 12 Pro Bowlers on it

Petersen:
    52-24
    2 Pac 12 titles, 1 playoff
    1 Fiesta Bowl
    no big wins...if you want to count Coug, ute, and Stanford, GTFO...
    2-4 vs. whOregon

I am not seeing a huge difference right now

One runs a tight ship, one is willing to change their whole offensive gameplan when they realize they have a goldmine
  • Options
    JustWinNowJustWinNow Member Posts: 357
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Everyone here is wrong. You know why, because you are trying to find ways to fix the things that are wrong. Pete doesn't do that. He doubles down on stupid ass plays.