Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

You know you have the wrong coach when

whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,337
5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
Standard Supporter
After 6 years his best win is over Steve Sarkisian

Comments

• Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    whlinder said:

His two conference championships are over schools that don’t belong in the conference

AMEN.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    He makes Jonathan Smith look like a competent offensive mind
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,489
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    whlinder said:

After 6 years his best win is over Steve Sarkisian

The 11-2, AP Top 10, Alamo Bowl Champs feel slighted by this post
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,171
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    whlinder said:

whlinder said:

His two conference championships are over schools that don’t belong in the conference

Why did those schools win the South?

Colorado has a more recent natty than GA, ND, Penn State, etc.

Utah beat Saban. They’ve been a better program since Urbs than much of the PAC basement dwellers
    STOP TRYING TO INJECT LOGIC THAT DOES NOT COMPLY WITH MY NARRATIVE

You and I are honor bound to be allies to the end. But I reserve the right to question the narrative @whlinder when appropriate.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,407
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    whlinder said:

It's like BYU claiming a NT, but then you point out "yeah but you beat a 6-6 team in your bowl game!"
  • Options
    89ute89ute Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,457
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    whlinder said:

Your 2016 championship is BECAUSE of us. Our win over USC and loss to CU put CU in the championship. No way you guys beat SC in 2016 if you were to face them in the championship game and you know it.

You earned 2018. It wasn't the fluke bounce off Mariner's leg-Murphy-pick 6, it was your offence controlling the ball for 10 minutes in the 4th.
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    gmo said:

After 6 years instead of dominating by exploiting mismatches over and over he instead would rather use trick plays and "outsmart" opponents like he is still in the WAC playing in a bowl game with no advantages physically anywhere.

Yea but, he also recruits to not have any physical advantages.

It's like we think, just because a kid signed to washington, he must be good.

I feel like we are not looking at the same team.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    89ute said:

whlinder said:

Your 2016 championship is BECAUSE of us. Our win over USC and loss to CU put CU in the championship. No way you guys beat SC in 2016 if you were to face them in the championship game and you know it.

You earned 2018. It wasn't the fluke bounce off Mariner's leg-Murphy-pick 6, it was your offence controlling the ball for 10 minutes in the 4th.
    Thanks for the info.

Now LEAVE our conference.
  • Options
    gmogmo Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,645
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    phineas said:

gmo said:

After 6 years instead of dominating by exploiting mismatches over and over he instead would rather use trick plays and "outsmart" opponents like he is still in the WAC playing in a bowl game with no advantages physically anywhere.

Yea but, he also recruits to not have any physical advantages.

It's like we think, just because a kid signed to washington, he must be good.

I feel like we are not looking at the same team.
    there are enough guys playing on Sundays right now that were physical mismatches. Your point is valid on recruiting... my point is just feed your beasts, over and over until the opponent stops it (or doesn't). That is what big boy programs do. This is not what has happened enough over this era.
  • Options
    89ute89ute Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,457
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

89ute said:

whlinder said:

Thanks for the info.

Now LEAVE our conference.
    The Pac-12 powers that be covet our ski nattys.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

whlinder said:

whlinder said:

Utah beat Saban. They’ve been a better program since Urbs than much of the PAC basement dwellers

You and I are honor bound to be allies to the end. But I reserve the right to question the narrative @whlinder when appropriate.
    True. The better response to my bitching is that you can only beat who you are asked to play. That said, while the Colorado 1990 Natty is technically more recent than anything PSU, ND or Georgia have won, (1994 PSU didn’t exactly suck) and the Utah peak seasons were very impressive, we all know PSU, ND and Georgia are far superior programs.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,171
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    whlinder said:

whlinder said:

whlinder said:

True. The better response to my bitching is that you can only beat who you are asked to play. That said, while the Colorado 1990 Natty is technically more recent than anything PSU, ND or Georgia have won, (1994 PSU didn’t exactly suck) and the Utah peak seasons were very impressive, we all know PSU, ND and Georgia are far superior programs.
    Agree.