Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Draft experts say Eason needs to get dialed in

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

chuck said:

Don’t like Kiper and McShay but found myself agreeing with them. We are fucked next year if we don’t have Eason. It will be ugly.

I'm actually not convinced that Sirmon wont be somewhere between fine and Eason level. Eason has been a little underwhelming overall while showing elite physical ability. The offense, play calling, and supporting cast put a cap on how good or how bad he can be.

Sirmon has comparable ability and would probably have similar results.
    He’s doesn’t have comparable ability. He struggled making reads and being accurate in high school. It only gets tougher. I’ve never bought into Sirmon hype.

Eason is a little too mechanical and slow to process things at times. Sirmon will be even more so. That is, if he even wins the job.
    Comparable physical ability roadie. You knew that, but are such a contrarian sometimes that you glossed over it to make your point.

Petersen's offense is more about scheming guys open then checking down when it doesn't work. Live action reads are pretth limited as most of the decisions happen pre-snap. Sirmon has similar size and arm strength and has three years learning this fucktarded offense. He'll be fine.
    Don’t mean to be a contrarian, just feel like he sucks. Never liked him as a prospect. He always shit himself when he played Woodinville. He did make a nice throw against Eastern.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,603
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I think Morris starts next year
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    FirePete said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

Don’t like Kiper and McShay but found myself agreeing with them. We are fucked next year if we don’t have Eason. It will be ugly.

I'm actually not convinced that Sirmon wont be somewhere between fine and Eason level. Eason has been a little underwhelming overall while showing elite physical ability. The offense, play calling, and supporting cast put a cap on how good or how bad he can be.

He’s doesn’t have comparable ability. He struggled making reads and being accurate in high school. It only gets tougher. I’ve never bought into Sirmon hype.

Eason is a little too mechanical and slow to process things at times. Sirmon will be even more so. That is, if he even wins the job.
    Comparable physical ability roadie. You knew that, but are such a contrarian sometimes that you glossed over it to make your point.

Petersen's offense is more about scheming guys open then checking down when it doesn't work. Live action reads are pretth limited as most of the decisions happen pre-snap. Sirmon has similar size and arm strength and has three years learning this fucktarded offense. He'll be fine.
    From what I have been told, sirmon not very bright. So not sure he will be able to learn it
    Not very bright, unable to learn superiority guy heard from!
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    dnc said:

FirePete said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

From what I have been told, sirmon not very bright. So not sure he will be able to learn it
    Not very bright, unable to learn superiority guy heard from!
    Ya god damn right
  • Options
    AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,007
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Prior to the season, I thought Eason, Levi and Bryant were all done at the end of the year. Now I would be more surprised if two of them left than if none of them did.
  • Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Alexis said:

Prior to the season, I thought Eason, Levi and Bryant were all done at the end of the year. Now I would be more surprised if two of them left than if none of them did.

I agree. I am equally conflicted on Taylor, Molden and Ahmed.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,410
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    FirePete said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Alexis said:

Ahmed probably should if he’s a mid round pick. I don’t see his stock improving much and I want Newton to be the lead back anyways.
  • Options

Alexis said:

Ahmed probably should if he’s a mid round pick. I don’t see his stock improving much and I want Newton to be the lead back anyways.
    Not sure he gets that grade
  • Options
    Woz_the_NaturalistWoz_the_Naturalist Member Posts: 17
    First Comment 5 Awesomes Name Dropper Photogenic
    Ahmed is a mid round pick in the XFL
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Alexis said:

There is zero chance Ahmed leaves early. He's a fringe draft pick at this point.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,693
    Swaye's Wigwam
    We will play the back up QB once the starter can execute the offense.
  • Options
    gabemarkskneegabemarksknee Member Posts: 336
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper
    FirePete said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

From what I have been told,
    I LOL at these posts. Who told you? Pete? Hamdan?

JFC.
  • Options

FirePete said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

JFC.
    sources were golden, but we all know in recruiting, things can change
  • Options
    BayDawgBayDawg Member Posts: 1,623
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    dnc said:

FirePete said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

JFC.
    The weed be letting him know.
    Yes
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,217
    Founders Club

Eason is coming back next year. Sirmon will stay for 2020 but will portal prior to the 2021 season if it looks like Huard wins the job as a true frosh. Sirmon will still have 2 years of eligibility remaining at that point.

What makes you think Pete will hand the reins to a freshman over a try-hard upperclassman?