Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Request for Feedback

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,087
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
edited July 2013 in Hardcore Husky Board
In the coming weeks we're going to have some more work done on the message boards to make it even better before football season.

Does anyone have any suggestions of things they would like to see added or tweaked?

Comments

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I vote for low tweaks.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,087
    Founders Club

Can we work in a 5 star ranking system that allows me to filter those poasters who are way too negative for me?

I, of course, would be a 5 star poaster because I'm so fucking classy.

classy poast
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    If this is a serious query:
    A) A football board
    B) A basketball board
    C) A recruiting board
    D) A shit-talking board (so we can still keep track of Kimberly and his minions)
    E) A gameday board and/or chat room
    F) Some people on this site are making podcasts. Have an area where they can upload those.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,236
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

A) A football board
    B) A basketball board
    C) A recruiting board
    D) A shit-talking board (so we can still keep track of Kimberly and his minions)
    F) Some people on this site are making podcasts. Have an area where they can upload those.

+1
  • Options
    section8section8 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,581
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Swaye's Wigwam
    A FB specific board would be good. I wonder if adding too many boards might dilute the comments to the point where you have multiple boards with few comments? May need people with interest in the recruiting and hoops to drive conversation on tho

Like the podcast idea, that should happen.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    Too many boreds. I like just the one.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

A) A football board
    B) A basketball board
    C) A recruiting board

Disagree.
  • Options
    TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    An NBA bored is a must.
  • Options
    WhiskeyDawgWhiskeyDawg Member Posts: 406
    5 Awesomes Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Up Votes
    Meek said:

can we get some kind of counter that misrepresents the number of subscribers currently online?

LOL.....so I'm not the only one that noticed that the same number of people always seemed be on-line?

• Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    I dont know if the site is big enough to have multiple boards but at somepoint you'd want a few diff bords.

Put Forum announcements & Rules at the top of the main bored. Condense it to a few threads. People will read that if its on the main bored.

I dont know if we need a bball bord right now, its the offseason. Maybe a recruiting board and podcast board (if they become regular). That would give you 4 total boards.

Gameday board when season starts.

For now I'd have 3 boards....regular one, recruiting one and general discussion. Add Gameday board in August. Add podcast board if they become regular enough.
  • Options
    TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary

I dont know if the site is big enough to have multiple boards but at somepoint you'd want a few diff bords.

Put Forum announcements & Rules at the top of the main bored. Condense it to a few threads. People will read that if its on the main bored.

I dont know if we need a bball bord right now, its the offseason. Maybe a recruiting board and podcast board (if they become regular). That would give you 4 total boards.

For now I'd have 3 boards....regular one, recruiting one and general discussion. Add Gameday board in August. Add podcast board if they become regular enough.

What's a podcast?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah

What's a podcast?
    Race and iDawg(RIP) were wondering that as well.
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

In the coming weeks we're going to have some more work done on the message boards to make it even better before football season.

Does anyone have any suggestions of things they would like to see added or tweaked?

I'd like to see a format that allows people to see the names & titles of the responses to the lead post.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited July 2013

A "Fight Club" Bored.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Passion said:

I'd like to see a format that allows people to see the names & titles of the responses to the lead post.
    You're referring to what I like to call "thread view". Not sure what others call it. But I like to call it that.
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,093
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Schedule/tv listings/roster/stats. If possible ranking of bars by beer coldness
  • Options
    section8section8 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,581
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2013

Just put the gameday stuff in the FB board.
  • Options
    TMacDawgTMacDawg Member Posts: 161
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Maybe it's just me, but free Harvey Road! I pay good money for abuse on this bored, and he's the Michelangelo of troll baiting and withering insults. 15 people have died in the running of the bulls since 1910, but they still do it every year. If Harvey gores some of the slower posters, isn't that part of the fun?