Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

OFFICIAL Washington-Arizona Game Thread

Comments

• Options
    azgregazgreg Member Posts: 52
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper First Comment
    I'm going to need a nap sometime today.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,632
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    That’s our* J
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,495
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Did we lose yet?
  • Options
    dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,289
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    The inner Doog still thinks we will win this game, beat Oregon by 23, and win the P12. Fuck off inner Doog....
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,636
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

What my inner doog is telling me:

What watching this team each week is telling me:

God I hate that guy
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,085
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Texas Tech Baylor game waiting for truck racing to end

Misty colored memories
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,478
    Swaye's Wigwam
    If we lose this game, somebody needs to get tarmacked.

UW 38- Zona 24
  • Options
    Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,648
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

Did we lose yet?

Predestined
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    As for the safety situation against Arizona, Petersen said Monday that “we’ll rotate guys.” Defensive coordinator Jimmy Lake added later in the week that “we’ve got a number of things that we can do. We have a number of players that are itching to play and have earned the right to go get some snaps. We’ll see how that goes as we move forward.”

Interesting concept: replace a player who continues to make mistakes with other players to see if someone else can make plays.

I wonder if it could be applied to the offense.
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,495
    Founders Club

In the past four years, the Huskies are 7-0 in games immediately following a loss.

That winning streak will be put to the test Saturday at Arizona (4-1, 2-0), which has recently been a difficult place for the Huskies. Before its 35-28 overtime win in 2016, Washington had lost four straight games at Arizona Stadium while being outscored 171-71.

Petersen said last week’s deflating defeat in the Bay Area was a “wake-up call” for many Huskies.

“They’re trying to make plays,” he said. “They really, really are, and sometimes I think it goes to a little bit of not finishing. It’s ‘I got to make this play.’ And we don’t quite finish. So maybe that’s the thing that can kind of wake you up.”

Yes, but was it a wake up call for the coaches? Because this shit isn’t about players executing. It’s about coaches running a shit offense.
    #finish
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    Vorel’s prediction

Let’s get one thing straight: the transitive property doesn’t work in college football. USC beat Stanford, and Washington beat USC. So the Huskies should have clobbered the Cardinal last weekend, right? Wrong. Very, very wrong. Still, 4-1 Arizona did drop its season-opener at Hawaii — a program UW thumped 52-20 on Montlake a few weeks later. The Wildcats have rebounded to win four straight, and senior quarterback Khalil Tate looks again like a dual-threat dynamo. But who did those wins come against? Northern Arizona, Texas Tech, UCLA and Colorado. That’s not exactly the ’27 Yankees lineup of early season schedules. Still, Washington’s defense has struggled mightily to stop the run in Pac-12 play, and Arizona ranks second in the conference in both rushing offense (221 yards per game) and yards per carry (5.67). Translation: the home team will put up points. But I also think the Husky offense will respond against more middling competition. Chris Petersen is just 1-3 in games played in the state of Arizona while with Washington, but that won’t matter on Saturday night.

Final score: Huskies 35, Wildcats 31
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Win this game, get ranked for next weekend.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,063
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

As for the safety situation against Arizona, Petersen said Monday that “we’ll rotate guys.” Defensive coordinator Jimmy Lake added later in the week that “we’ve got a number of things that we can do. We have a number of players that are itching to play and have earned the right to go get some snaps. We’ll see how that goes as we move forward.”

Interesting concept: replace a player who continues to make mistakes with other players to see if someone else can make plays.

I wonder if it could be applied to the offense.
    What a fucking concept. Play the younger talent and then if the don’t perform pull them in favor of the vets.

Can we do that at LB and WR as well slap dicks?
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,632
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam