Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

I miss Sark

whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,273
5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
Standard Supporter
Having an average team under Seven was better because we hated that fucker for being such a fat lazy drunk out late doing blow off of strippers asses and plowing through shots of patron.

Fuck him for stealing the university’s money and for his bullshit sideline antics but at least we hated him for being average on the field.

Now we have average due to..... lack of emotion and stubbornness? How do you get worked up to hate that?

The opposite of love isn’t hate, it’s indifference and Pete is creating an average team in an indifferent way.

Comments

• Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,549
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Im not convinced any of Petersen's teams could beat Sarks 2013 9-4 UW squad. That was a good team in a Pac 12 that is way better than it is now.

2016 probably would due to Sarks recruits

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Im not convinced any of Petersen's teams could beat Sarks 2013 9-4 UW squad. That was a good team in a Pac 12 that is way better than it is now.

2016 probably would due to Sarks recruits

I love this one
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,577
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter

Let's not get carried away fellas. We may have to @FirePete in the next couple of years if we continue to under perform. But Bark for Sark nostalgia is a dark place we shouldn't be going.

I am hearing there is a stockpile of talent ahead waiting to sit on the bench.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Let's not get carried away fellas. We may have to @FirePete in the next couple of years if we continue to under perform. But Bark for Sark nostalgia is a dark place we shouldn't be going.

Tell me Im wrong RE my previous post in this thread?

I would not bet $1 on Petes teams winning that game
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I miss football being entertaining
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,992
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited October 2019

Something, something, something about UW's D not giving up more than 35 (or so) points for xxx games. The longest such streak in the country (?) .

Sark failed to do it back to back weeks and three out five games.

No comprende PGOS.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited October 2019
    EwaDawg said:

Something, something, something about UW's D not giving up more than 35 (or so) points for xxx games. The longest such streak in the country (?) .

No comprende PGOS.
    Pac 12 was way better that year that it is now. Not even close.

The team lost a fucking heartbreaker at Stanford and wasnt mentally tough enough to recover against good teams.

That was a fucking brutal 3 game stretch. Petersen could go 0-3 on that stretch. That Oregon team was good and we never beat Tree and Devil on the road

Oh yeah, Sark also curb stomped Chris Fucking Petersen that year.

We done here?
  • Options
    ThumpThump Member Posts: 793
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited October 2019
    I don't miss 7-win-Steve as HC...

...but I'd take him as OC & QB coach.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,911
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2019

EwaDawg said:

No comprende PGOS.

The team lost a fucking heartbreaker at Stanford and wasnt mentally tough enough to recover against good teams.

That was a fucking brutal 3 game stretch. Petersen could go 0-3 on that stretch. That Oregon team was good and we never beat Tree and Devil on the road

We done here?
    The achievements of the 2016, 17, and 18 squads VASTLY exceed anything 2013 did. It's conceivable 17 or 18 might have gotten upset on the road to the 13 team.

But we don't deal in hypotheticals so this is silly.

• Options
    Founders Club
    Thump said:

I don't miss 7-win-Steve as HC...

...but I'd take him as OC & QB coach.

This
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    What's Nuss up to these days?
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,273
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    You guys are missing the point. Of course Pete’s a better coach than Sark. He’s won more.

Sark pissed us off for all the bullshit he pulled in being average. Which made us outraged because we saw “if you develop players and don’t call so many fucking bubble screens we’d win more”

Pete’s gonna be average while not pulling that bullshit but instead following some internal process which refuses to utilize talented players and neuters their emotion. And calls dumb plays.

We don’t have the ability to reach the same level of outrage against Pete that we had with Sark. That’s what I miss. Being outraged at us instead indifferently resigned to losing.
  • Options
    Founders Club

EwaDawg said:

No comprende PGOS.

We done here?
    The achievements of the 2016, 17, and 18 squads VASTLY exceed anything 2013 did. It's conceivable 17 or 18 might have gotten upset on the road to the 13 team.

But we don't deal in hypotheticals so this is silly.

No one is arguing the overall achievement aspect of things. The argument im making is that Petes teams arent that much better than Sarks last one.

Dont be doogs guys jesus fuckng christ. Sarks offense are miles better than Petersens
  • Options
    Founders Club
    whlinder said:

You guys are missing the point. Of course Pete’s a better coach than Sark. He’s won more.

Sark pissed us off for all the bullshit he pulled in being average. Which made us outraged because we saw “if you develop players and don’t call so many fucking bubble screens we’d win more”

Pete’s gonna be average while not pulling that bullshit but instead following some internal process which refuses to utilize talented players and neuters their emotion. And calls dumb plays.

We don’t have the ability to reach the same level of outrage against Pete that we had with Sark. That’s what I miss. Being outraged at us instead indifferently resigned to losing.

Bunch of fucking doogs on this bored lately to be honest. Damone and I tried to curb the enthusiasm but @RaceBannon and others dooged it up

We beat fucking ewu guys