Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

My Thoughts on Saturdays Gayme (long)

SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Founders Club
I don't give a fiddlers fuck. Seriously. Fuck this team. Mostly fuck these Coaches. Especially Pete.

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,443
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Harsin seen at Evergreen landing strip.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Houhusky said:

Tick, tick, tick...the bell tolls for the, Pete.

I was willing to give him 8 seasons no questions asked. But something is seriously fucked right now with the squad. I supposed most coaches not named Saban or Urban will have some down years and lose the squad. Hell, even Carroll was dropping a few league games a year towards the end of his tenure. If 2019 is a lost cause and we go 9-3 or 8-4 then so fucking be it. My faith is severely shaken right now and 2020 better be a good fucking season or I'm @FirePete .

Imagine relying on an offense lead by Jacob Sirmon and a WR corps lead by Mr. Chincredible still running Petes offense and thinking you will get a good season.
    This. It will not happen. It will be so fucking ugly if Sirmon ever starts a game for us. It will probably suck with Morris too, but I would have a tiny bit more confidence we could be okay.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,601
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Sounds like you are ripping off the flea
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

This doogiest of doogs is pretty apathetic about the rest of the season. I recorded the game Saturday and spent the entire day out without checking scores because I knew it was an easy win. Then I watch it at 1am by myself and just watch a complete fucking debacle. The same inexplicable shit I’ve seen year after year.

I’m not on the @FirePete bandwagon yet. He is still likely the best coach UW can get. There are still so many elite things he does that I wouldn’t want to trade. Coaches like Sark are far more up and down, and being a slow strategy white man, I enjoy consistency and 9-11 win seasons.

That said, it is clear his game management is not one of his elite skills. In fact, it fucking sucks. I believe in him and his ability to change, because he always has, it just takes too fucking long and I’d appreciate it if he sped it the fuck up.

It’s not that he lost 2 games this season. It’s the way they were lost. The teams just failed to show up. No emotion. No effort. No “wtf are we doing out here, let’s pull our dicks out and fuck these guys”. To a Cal team that can’t score, and to a Stanford team that is decimated by injury and has been blown out by everyone good.

Like my fellow slow strategy white @YellowSnow, my faith in Pete is shaken. This happens every year. And if your shtick is that you’re detailed oriented and even keeled, then how the fuck do you have these ridiculous lows.

There are some major holes on this roster and they are being exploited. There is better talent coming up, but you’re fucking failing now. Be the elite coach you are supposed to be.

Figure it the fuck out.

I'd give him a pass on the Cal game. The 2 hour weather delay sucked away any home field advantage the Huskies had, and it also gave Cal time to adjust their game plan. Let's also remember, they actually had a competent QB at the time.

The Stanford game was a kick in the nuts dumpster fire. There was no reason Stanford should have scored more than 14 let alone 23 points. Also, the complete removal of the running game was inexplicable. UW played right into Stanford's hands. They chose to throw the football which created short drives, while Stanford was Stanford, and had 6-7 minute positions. The defense got completely worn out. Oregon had enough talent to beat Stanford at their own game, and UW should have done the same thing. The Ducks basically gave UW the schematic blueprint and Pete decided against it.
    Pete is not the guy. You guys should hire him away
  • Options
    Chad_Thunder_CockChad_Thunder_Cock Member Posts: 10
    Photogenic 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Pete sucks, has he ever won a game after we down by 10 or more? I doubt it.
  • Options
    gmogmo Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,644
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Pete still hasn't beaten an elite team. He's certainly lost to some shit ones.