Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Hugh RIPPING staff

124»

Comments

• Options
    halfbrainmanmolderhalfbrainmanmolder Member Posts: 212
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper 5 Awesomes
    edited October 2019

t

That is basically what you're saying. Pete is your Chip Kelly. I can't see Washington doing much better than Pete. Pete's problem is that he sucks at recruiting. He's a competent coach. He sucks at recruiting and is getting boatraced in that department. It's hard. It's hard to compete for recruits when there is a much cooler program with more sizzle just down the 1-5 corridor.

Oregon is a big school? According to who lol

Ohio St, Michigan, Clemson, Alabama, Oklahoma, Georgia, LSU, Notre Dame, USC, Texas are the big boys. Oregon isn't even close. Ya'll have had one top-10 class since they started tracking recruiting rankings... and the school is a "big school?"

The fuck are you smoking?
    Unfortunately for someone that thick, I doubt he can afford to smoke. I can picture OBK typing furiously in his underwear in his two dad's basement while going through his 6th ginger ale stolen from his two dads' fridge.
  • Options
    halfbrainmanmolderhalfbrainmanmolder Member Posts: 212
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper 5 Awesomes

t

Ready for the Helfrich era. Fire Chip promote Slingblade and Don Pellum back to D coordinator.

Will never happen, but still.

That is basically what you're saying. Pete is your Chip Kelly. I can't see Washington doing much better than Pete. Pete's problem is that he sucks at recruiting. He's a competent coach. He sucks at recruiting and is getting boatraced in that department. It's hard. It's hard to compete for recruits when there is a much cooler program with more sizzle just down the 1-5 corridor.
    Recruiting isn’t his problem. That’s a dumb take and not supported by the rankings, sizzle, or any measure.
    He's way too narrow in his recruiting, doesn't send out enough offers like the big schools do. Alabama, Clemson, Oregon, etc. UW also needs to work on its branding. Make it cool to be a dwag, because it's not cool right now.
    Oregon is a big school? According to who lol

Ohio St, Michigan, Clemson, Alabama, Oklahoma, Georgia, LSU, Notre Dame, USC, Texas are the big boys. Oregon isn't even close. Ya'll have had one top-10 class since they started tracking recruiting rankings... and the school is a "big school?"

The fuck are you smoking?
    Unfortunately for someone that thick, I doubt he can afford to smoke. I can picture OBK typing furiously in his underwear in his two dad's basement while going through his 6th ginger ale stolen from his two dads' fridge.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

t

Ready for the Helfrich era. Fire Chip promote Slingblade and Don Pellum back to D coordinator.

Recruiting isn’t his problem. That’s a dumb take and not supported by the rankings, sizzle, or any measure.
    He's way too narrow in his recruiting, doesn't send out enough offers like the big schools do. Alabama, Clemson, Oregon, etc. UW also needs to work on its branding. Make it cool to be a dwag, because it's not cool right now.
    Let’s beat Cal and Stanford before worrying about Alabama or Clemson.

Roster flaws are one of many reasons we lost to Stanford. Not the reason. Stanford needed a game winning FG to beat Oregon State and got beat soundly by USC and UCF.

We played with no passion from the start, we were out coached, the play calling and scheme are consistently abysmal.

Our average star ranking has been going up and we are getting worse. It’s not a good sign.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

The whole built for life thing is fine. It’s good to give kids some sort of structure. At the same time, kids need to be kids and have fun, which they aren’t. This whole “everyone come in and do your job” bullshit is not for football. Pete needs to find a way to mix built for life while letting young adults be young adults.

Will he? Probably not.

The players don’t even do their jobs. The WR’s drop passes, the LB’s (the young’s ones too) don’t do anything, DB’s get beat. Absolutely nothing changes. There are no standards.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,757
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

t

Let’s beat Cal and Stanford before worrying about Alabama or Clemson.

Roster flaws are one of many reasons we lost to Stanford. Not the reason. Stanford needed a game winning FG to beat Oregon State and got beat soundly by USC and UCF.

We played with no passion from the start, we were out coached, the play calling and scheme are consistently abysmal.

Our average star ranking has been going up and we are getting worse. It’s not a good sign.
    And there it is. Convincing, unassailable proof that the coaching is now the achilles heal of the program.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,757
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Manu may be the worst fundamental and technical linebacker I've ever seen play for UW. And we had Psalm for 4 years.

Manu can't even tackle a guy when he has both arms wrapped around him. Just fucking awful.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Manu may be the worst fundamental and technical linebacker I've ever seen play for UW. And we had Psalm for 4 years.

Manu can't even tackle a guy when he has both arms wrapped around him. Just fucking awful.

It takes special kind of level of inaptitude to make psalm looks decent