Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Hugh RIPPING staff

Comments

• Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,962
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    My fellow Dixieland bro @dirtysouwfdawg is right. This is rinse and repeat time. They were SUPPOSED to fix this during the off-season.

Pete is the definition of blue balls. He’s teasing us with the potential of this program, the potential we all thought was there, but he’s walking away exemplified by his poor game day coaching.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Ready for the Helfrich era. Fire Chip promote Slingblade and Don Pellum back to D coordinator.

Will never happen, but still.

That is basically what you're saying. Pete is your Chip Kelly. I can't see Washington doing much better than Pete. Pete's problem is that he sucks at recruiting. He's a competent coach. He sucks at recruiting and is getting boatraced in that department. It's hard. It's hard to compete for recruits when there is a much cooler program with more sizzle just down the 1-5 corridor.
  • Options
    jecornel said:

Swaye said:

BayDawg said:

Obviously Hugh can be a complete douche canoe at times, but he was spot on last night. The team I saw last night was poorly coached and completely unmotivated. HS coaches making 5K do a better job of firing up their teams that a guy making 5M. NotHow the fuck is that possible?

Pete is too worried about making sure all the assistants and trainers shoes match and other totally trivial OCD bullshit to actually bother preparing the team for battle. He's basically a meme of himself at this point.
    Just imagine if it was a good conference.
    It is a good conference. Not many teams in this conference are complete dreck, like the ones in the Big 10, Big 12, ACC. Their average, bad teams are a lot worse than the PAC 12's bad teams. More parity in the PAC 12. Conference continues to suffer from east coast bias.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Pete’s going to enjoy his pressers the next 2 months ... this shit is just getting started and is going to get way more contentious the rest of the way
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,636
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter

jecornel said:

Swaye said:

BayDawg said:

Obviously Hugh can be a complete douche canoe at times, but he was spot on last night. The team I saw last night was poorly coached and completely unmotivated. HS coaches making 5K do a better job of firing up their teams that a guy making 5M. NotHow the fuck is that possible?

Pete is too worried about making sure all the assistants and trainers shoes match and other totally trivial OCD bullshit to actually bother preparing the team for battle. He's basically a meme of himself at this point.
    Just imagine if it was a good conference.
    It is a good conference. Not many teams in this conference are complete dreck, like the ones in the Big 10, Big 12, ACC. Their average, bad teams are a lot worse than the PAC 12's bad teams. More parity in the PAC 12. Conference continues to suffer from east coast bias.
    Meh.
  • Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,962
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Ready for the Helfrich era. Fire Chip promote Slingblade and Don Pellum back to D coordinator.

That is basically what you're saying. Pete is your Chip Kelly. I can't see Washington doing much better than Pete. Pete's problem is that he sucks at recruiting. He's a competent coach. He sucks at recruiting and is getting boatraced in that department. It's hard. It's hard to compete for recruits when there is a much cooler program with more sizzle just down the 1-5 corridor.
    Recruiting? Love the Preston-like hot take.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    AEB said:

Recruiting? Love the Preston-like hot take.
    Your personnel suck. That's on Pete and his lazy, unexciting recruiting program. Recruits like wearing a different helmet and uniform for every game. That's one reason why the ducks continue to win out in this department.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

nope. Chip Kelley won two NY6 bowls and his offenses scored points.
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,559
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I give up on Pete - I have been a husky fan even when I was skinny. as an old fart listening to Jim Owens teams on the radio as a kid thru newweasel and Gilby I was a real doog. Ty broke me of that, Sark perked the sweats a little, complete doog and boner sweats under Pete for 4 years, then realized he wasn't that answer. Still nice going to NY bowels only to get shit one. Have kept quiet for awhile hoping and dooging. Not any more, I will watch every game in disgust, as I hate myself.

My liver can;t take this shit. one of the following needs to happen: 1 - quit drinking 2 - let the dawgs out of my life 3 - just enjoy CFB and not really give a shit anymore

odds are that number 1 will not be in the finals.
  • Options
    digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,419
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I've read multiple quotes from Peterman saying he doesn't want to coach past 60 years old. Not sure I believe him, but if true, he's 54 now, so we? have 6 more years of this shit.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2019
    t

Recruiting isn’t his problem. That’s a dumb take and not supported by the rankings, sizzle, or any measure.
  • Options

t

Recruiting isn’t his problem. That’s a dumb take and not supported by the rankings, sizzle, or any measure.
    He's way too narrow in his recruiting, doesn't send out enough offers like the big schools do. Alabama, Clemson, Oregon, etc. UW also needs to work on its branding. Make it cool to be a dwag, because it's not cool right now.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,765
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited October 2019

Except that you're insane and Eugene sucks dick.

Sizzle? What a Methhead term, if ever there was one.
  • Options

You're a bozo like Ozone with your tOSU avatar. Are you punishing yourself for losing?
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,765
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

You're a bozo like Ozone with your tOSU avatar. Are you punishing yourself for losing?
    You wouldn't get it. You couldn't get it. You're OBK!! Proudest Inbred on the Interwebs.
  • Options
    BroadcastingDawgBroadcastingDawg Member Posts: 1,246
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited October 2019

t

He's way too narrow in his recruiting, doesn't send out enough offers like the big schools do. Alabama, Clemson, Oregon, etc. UW also needs to work on its branding. Make it cool to be a dwag, because it's not cool right now.
    Oregon is a big school? According to who lol

Ohio St, Michigan, Clemson, Alabama, Oklahoma, Georgia, LSU, Notre Dame, USC, Texas are the big boys. Oregon isn't even close. Ya'll have had one top-10 class since they started tracking recruiting rankings... and the school is a "big school?"

The fuck are you smoking?