Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

No Ballz Jimmy

2»

Comments

• TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,891 Standard Supporter
    edited October 2019

Thing is this: If we had receivers who could get open and catch a ball, maybe the D isn't exhausted by being on the field for 45 minutes. It all goes back to the shitty, unproductive offense in my mind. Yes, our LBs are liquid shit, but our WRs are fucking cancer.

We gave up three straight scoring drives and 200+ yards to start the game. Our WRs being shit is unrelated to our defense being simultaneously their own brand of shit.
    Time of possession matters. Sustaining drives matters.

Not saying the UW isn't porous as fuck. Saying that as bad as the D was, the O was even worse, and the largest reason for the loss.

Swap out the shit receivers and you've got a different ballgame.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    I miss kawasaki. please take the job back. fuck jimmy
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,987
    FirePete said:

FirePete said:

@Ballz

@haie

you guys on board with this?

we talkin' 'bout Jimmy MF Lake!
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,853
    Yeah but what if he leaves

How do you expect to keep pulling in these sick LBs and WRs without him
  • guntloveguntlove Member Posts: 784
    The thing I've finally started to realize about this team is I hate watching them even when they win. A soft, bend-but-don't-break defense with no ability to rush the QB. An offense obsessed with bubble screens and unnecessary pre-snap motion. Emotionless, robot-players who seem muted by the coaches and overwhelmed by the size of the playbook. Its fucking awful. It's just not any fun to watch... and never will be as long as Pete is here. Pete has made watching husky football, win or lose, a miserable experience.
  • phineasphineas Member Posts: 4,732
    guntlove said:

The thing I've finally started to realize about this team is I hate watching them even when they win. A soft, bend-but-don't-break defense with no ability to rush the QB. An offense obsessed with bubble screens and unnecessary pre-snap motion. Emotionless, robot-players who seem muted by the coaches and overwhelmed by the size of the playbook. Its fucking awful. It's just not any fun to watch... and never will be as long as Pete is here. Pete has made watching husky football, win or lose, a miserable experience.

Yep. This team is miserable to watch. Not entertaining even in victory. The offense last year made me hate this team and this sport. And nothing has changed. They are the worst thing on TV every week.
    i am not a fan of taking a job from a black coach, but this is a case where we need to let our jimmy go and find better place in the big 12. he will ge good dc there. caz he sure as fuck cant buy stop
  • DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,024
    We sure Kwat is not running the defense?
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

This.

You guys realize Kwat is still the one in the booth, right?

The defense was bad last night. It was still good enough to win. The offense is the biggest issue rather easily.

Oh and @FirePete is a retard.

Larger. Rinse. Repeat.
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163
    dnc said:

This.

The defense was bad last night. It was still good enough to win. The offense is the biggest issue rather easily.

Larger. Rinse. Repeat.
    Huge disagree. The defense was the biggest issue last night and it's a personnel deficiency that can't be fixed. The offense, as horrid as its been, still has the pieces to be really good if Bush/Hamdan get their heads out of their asses.

Stanford put up nearly 500 yards on us. A shitty Stanford offense with a backup QB and nearly their entire OL missing. They absolutely dominated us, ran and threw at will, and completely controlled the tempo of the game. They doubled our time of possession because our defense couldn't do shit to get them off the field. The 23 points on the scoreboard don't even come close to capturing how thoroughly our defense was toyed with. And unless Sirmon or Tafisi grow up in a hurry, this is just the beginning. We've only faced Cal and two conference opponents missing their starting QBs. Actual offenses are going to fucking feast on us.
    dnc said:

This.

Larger. Rinse. Repeat.
    dnc said:

This.

Larger. Rinse. Repeat.
    Run defense has improved. DL playing better.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dnc said:

This.

Larger. Rinse. Repeat.
    Huge disagree. The defense was the biggest issue last night and it's a personnel deficiency that can't be fixed. The offense, as horrid as its been, still has the pieces to be really good if Bush/Hamdan get their heads out of their asses.

Stanford put up nearly 500 yards on us. A shitty Stanford offense with a backup QB and nearly their entire OL missing. They absolutely dominated us, ran and threw at will, and completely controlled the tempo of the game. They doubled our time of possession because our defense couldn't do shit to get them off the field. The 23 points on the scoreboard don't even come close to capturing how thoroughly our defense was toyed with. And unless Sirmon or Tafisi grow up in a hurry, this is just the beginning. We've only faced Cal and two conference opponents missing their starting QBs. Actual offenses are going to fucking feast on us.
    The offense scored 13 points.

It was a total failure on all levels but you’re gonna have to give up 40+ for the defense to be the bigger issue when the offense scores 13.

We agree about the personnel but that only accentuates my point, this whole thread is about calling out defensive coaching. It was bad. I’ll give them an F.

But it was still better than what we saw on the offensive side of the ball.

Sark > Ty, sure.gif
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,344 Swaye's Wigwam
    Fucking hell

You give up 25 points or less you should win every game
    HuskyJW said:

Fucking hell

You give up 25 points or less you should win every game

Not with Pete in charge
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,987

FirePete said: