Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

To all you TBS

Winners win and looser talking about recruiting

Comments

• Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,484
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Recruiting hot talk is for teams that can't win on the field.

Prove me wrong
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    The problem isn’t recruiting at this point. The problem is we recruit great talent then don’t play it because reasons.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

The problem isn’t recruiting at this point. The problem is we recruit great talent then don’t play it because reasons.

last night was pure decision making and execution. pure coaching loss. so fuck all the recruiting talk
  • Options
    DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    FirePete said:

last night was pure decision making and execution. pure coaching loss. so fuck all the recruiting talk
    Ya, cause all our LBs need is better coaching
  • Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    Yeah the fact that we have no good WRs or LBs can't possibly have anything to do with recruiting...

Here's the real scoop; we suck at not just recruiting but pretty much everything else as well.
  • Options

Yeah the fact that we have no good WRs or LBs can't possibly have anything to do with recruiting...

Here's the real scoop; we suck at not just recruiting but pretty much everything else as well.

coaching sucks. the conference has caught up to this break but dont bend defense. you fucking run at it and keep running because they are soft. jimmy lake is overrated POS
  • Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    FirePete said:

coaching sucks. the conference has caught up to this break but dont bend defense. you fucking run at it and keep running because they are soft. jimmy lake is overrated POS
    Obviously you keep running when there are no fucking linebackers to stop you. That's the same reason we run it down the Coogs throat you fucking moron.

Recruiting and a garbage offense is why we suck.
  • Options
    EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    FirePete said:

dude dont be fucking blinded. Jimmy suck as a DC.
  • Options
    OneNippleOneNipple Member Posts: 179
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    FirePete said:

FirePete said:

Well maybe he will be a better head coach sooner than later.....Personally I would rather not lose him but we know he wont be here in a year or two.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,282
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    FirePete said:

FirePete said:

Jimmy is the best coach on the staff. Quite frankly, although not great this year, the defense has been the one side of the ball that hasn't killed you. If you lose Jimmy Lake, you'll soon be wishing for the "Bark for Sark" years.
  • Options

FirePete said:

FirePete said:

Jimmy is the best coach on the staff. Quite frankly, although not great this year, the defense has been the one side of the ball that hasn't killed you. If you lose Jimmy Lake, you'll soon be wishing for the "Bark for Sark" years.
    Lol, jimmy is not even the best DC on the staff
  • Options
    FirePete said:

FirePete said:

FirePete said:

Ahmed > Gaskin post of the day
  • Options

FirePete said:

FirePete said:

FirePete said:

Kawasaki > lake any day
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Coaching was bad Saturday but to ignore the following info is to ignore at least part of the current problem. How much of the problem I guess is what is up for debate. There are lots of things to be pissed about right now, which can include both lack of TBSing four years ago AND current decision making about play calling and playing time. Don’t know how to get a tweet in here, but shoutout to @LaMichael_Corleone for this:

2015-16 DL signees: Scrempos, Ricky McCoy, LEVI

‘17 DL signees: __________

2015-16 ILB signees: BBK*, DJ Beavers, Kyler Manu, Camilo Eifler, Wellington*

2017 ILB signees: _________

2015-16 OLB signees: Tevis*, Justiss Warren, Bryce Sterk, Benning, Amandre

* didn’t redshirt

I'm pissed about the offense, not the D. I came into the season expecting to give up more points than normal. I was also expecting this offense to average 35-42 points a game. Our D is giving up an average of 17 points a game, not too bad considering the recruiting fails listed above.
  • Options
    FirePete said:

FirePete said:

FirePete said:

FirePete said:

Kawasaki > lake any day
    Now I know you’re just fucking with me. I’m spitting out the hook.
  • Options

FirePete said:

FirePete said:

FirePete said:

FirePete said:

Kawasaki > lake any day
    I truly believe that. I think Kawasaki understand or has better experience at adjusting to what other teams are doing to him
  • Options
    Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,298
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    FirePete said:

FirePete said:

FirePete said:

FirePete said:

FirePete said:

Kawasaki > lake any day
    I truly believe that. I think Kawasaki understand or has better experience at adjusting to what other teams are doing to him
    Based on what? Your intimate knowledge of how Lake and Kwat work together as Co-DCs. Christ, its not like Kwat just stopped coaching as soon as he let Jimmy have the DC title. Every time something good happens on defense Kwat gets the credit, when something bad happens its because Jimmy Lake sux.

The overall defensive scheme is fine, the front seven talent is terrible. Some of that can be blamed on lack of development, some on awfully mismanaged recruiting. From what I can tell, many of the new wrinkles they've tried this year have been out of desperation to try and cover up the lack of talent. Worrying about Jimmy Lake as our defensive coordinator is fucking stupid, there are much larger issues with this team.
  • Options
    edited October 2019

FirePete said:

FirePete said:

FirePete said:

FirePete said:

FirePete said:

Kawasaki > lake any day
    Based on what? Your intimate knowledge of how Lake and Kwat work together as Co-DCs. Christ, its not like Kwat just stopped coaching as soon as he let Jimmy have the DC title. Every time something good happens on defense Kwat gets the credit, when something bad happens its because Jimmy Lake sux.

The overall defensive scheme is fine, the front seven talent is terrible. Some of that can be blamed on lack of development, some on awfully mismanaged recruiting. From what I can tell, many of the new wrinkles they've tried this year have been out of desperation to try and cover up the lack of talent. Worrying about Jimmy Lake as our defensive coordinator is fucking stupid, there are much larger issues with this team.
    When was the last time did team just ran at Kwats defense??? Jimmy could not get off the field on 3rd downs. This is twice this year. Where teams just ran right at this d and converted.