Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

To all you TBS

2»

Comments

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    edited October 2019

FirePete said:

FirePete said:

FirePete said:

FirePete said:

FirePete said:

FirePete said:

Yeah the fact that we have no good WRs or LBs can't possibly have anything to do with recruiting...

Here's the real scoop; we suck at not just recruiting but pretty much everything else as well.

coaching sucks. the conference has caught up to this break but dont bend defense. you fucking run at it and keep running because they are soft. jimmy lake is overrated POS
    dude dont be fucking blinded. Jimmy suck as a DC.
    Jimmy is the best coach on the staff. Quite frankly, although not great this year, the defense has been the one side of the ball that hasn't killed you. If you lose Jimmy Lake, you'll soon be wishing for the "Bark for Sark" years.
    Lol, jimmy is not even the best DC on the staff
    Ahmed > Gaskin post of the day
    Kawasaki > lake any day
    Now I know you’re just fucking with me. I’m spitting out the hook.
    I truly believe that. I think Kawasaki understand or has better experience at adjusting to what other teams are doing to him
    Based on what? Your intimate knowledge of how Lake and Kwat work together as Co-DCs. Christ, its not like Kwat just stopped coaching as soon as he let Jimmy have the DC title. Every time something good happens on defense Kwat gets the credit, when something bad happens its because Jimmy Lake sux.

The overall defensive scheme is fine, the front seven talent is terrible. Some of that can be blamed on lack of development, some on awfully mismanaged recruiting. From what I can tell, many of the new wrinkles they've tried this year have been out of desperation to try and cover up the lack of talent. Worrying about Jimmy Lake as our defensive coordinator is fucking stupid, there are much larger issues with this team.
    When was the last time did team just ran at Kwats defense??? Jimmy could not get off the field on 3rd downs. This is twice this year. Where teams just ran right at this d and converted.
    Yeah its almost like having good players is important
    Whose job is it to keep people accountable for that aspect???? Why are the coaches that can’t bring in talent or coach them still on the staff then?? It’s jimmy’s unit he needs to speak up and force people to recruit better if they can’t coach them
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2019
    FirePete said:

FirePete said:

FirePete said:

FirePete said:

FirePete said:

Yeah the fact that we have no good WRs or LBs can't possibly have anything to do with recruiting...

Here's the real scoop; we suck at not just recruiting but pretty much everything else as well.

coaching sucks. the conference has caught up to this break but dont bend defense. you fucking run at it and keep running because they are soft. jimmy lake is overrated POS
    Jimmy is the best coach on the staff. Quite frankly, although not great this year, the defense has been the one side of the ball that hasn't killed you. If you lose Jimmy Lake, you'll soon be wishing for the "Bark for Sark" years.
    Kawasaki > lake any day
    I truly believe that. I think Kawasaki understand or has better experience at adjusting to what other teams are doing to him
    When Kawasaki was running the D you could very visibly see the differences between first half and second half adjustments. Whatever the other team was using effectively he would shut that shit down.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    FirePete said:

FirePete said:

FirePete said:

FirePete said:

FirePete said:

FirePete said:

FirePete said:

Kawasaki > lake any day
    Based on what? Your intimate knowledge of how Lake and Kwat work together as Co-DCs. Christ, its not like Kwat just stopped coaching as soon as he let Jimmy have the DC title. Every time something good happens on defense Kwat gets the credit, when something bad happens its because Jimmy Lake sux.

The overall defensive scheme is fine, the front seven talent is terrible. Some of that can be blamed on lack of development, some on awfully mismanaged recruiting. From what I can tell, many of the new wrinkles they've tried this year have been out of desperation to try and cover up the lack of talent. Worrying about Jimmy Lake as our defensive coordinator is fucking stupid, there are much larger issues with this team.
    When was the last time did team just ran at Kwats defense??? Jimmy could not get off the field on 3rd downs. This is twice this year. Where teams just ran right at this d and converted.
    Whose job is it to keep people accountable for that aspect???? Why are the coaches that can’t bring in talent or coach them still on the staff then?? It’s jimmy’s unit he needs to speak up and force people to recruit better if they can’t coach them
    Lol yeah defensive recruiting was definitely stronger under Kwat’s leadership.

You should probably just shut the fuck up now and let the grown ups talk.
  • Options
    dnc said:

FirePete said:

FirePete said:

FirePete said:

FirePete said:

FirePete said:

FirePete said:

FirePete said:

Kawasaki > lake any day

That is rich, coming from you
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    FirePete said:

dnc said:

FirePete said:

FirePete said:

FirePete said:

FirePete said:

FirePete said:

FirePete said:

FirePete said:

Kawasaki > lake any day

No
  • Options
    dnc said:

FirePete said:

dnc said:

FirePete said:

FirePete said:

FirePete said:

FirePete said:

FirePete said:

FirePete said:

FirePete said:

Kawasaki > lake any day

No
    Yes