Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Would BBK make this tackle?

animateanimate Member Posts: 4,236
edited October 2019 in Hardcore Husky Board
https://youtu.be/5Ric5NXaz-I?t=484

or is this a well designed play?

at 8:03

(hint: guess who #30 is ...)

Comments

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    If not BBK then Rapp or JoJo
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    edited October 2019
    RealRhino said:

Wellington's gotta make that play. Yes, Manu maybe isn't fast enough to shoot that gap and bring him down from the backside, and I'd love if he was, but I can't fault his angle. Flattens immediately, just can't get there. Wellington's gotta stack and shed to get into that lane and not get pinned inside.

Let's not just pick one scapegoat for all our ills. ALL of our ILBs have played poorly this year. ALL.

They all suck. We should play the younger ones because they have chance to get better. The SR are a done product.....that sucks
  • whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    edited October 2019
    1) It was a well blocked play by the offense
    2) BBK probably limits it to an 8 yard gain
    3) Cam W. gets most of the blame for adding 40 yards to the run

Give SC credit for the first 10 yards, blame the LB for the next 20 and the safety for the last 40.
  • whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088

FirePete said:

RealRhino said:

Wellington's gotta make that play. Yes, Manu maybe isn't fast enough to shoot that gap and bring him down from the backside, and I'd love if he was, but I can't fault his angle. Flattens immediately, just can't get there. Wellington's gotta stack and shed to get into that lane and not get pinned inside.

Let's not just pick one scapegoat for all our ills. ALL of our ILBs have played poorly this year. ALL.

They all suck. We should play the younger ones because they have chance to get better. The SR are a done product.....that sucks
    We aren’t playing for 2021. We’re playing for the PAC 12 title this year. You gotta play the best players. Like it or not, Tafisi and Sirmon are worse. Both Manu and Wellington have made impact plays. The back ups haven’t.
    Same with the WR.
  • Postal91Postal91 Member Posts: 1,809
    Fuck that weasel logo.
  • MammaJammaMammaJamma Member Posts: 193
    Postal91 said:

Fuck that weasel logo.

I wish we could wipe it off the face of the earth
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,206

FirePete said:

RealRhino said:

We aren’t playing for 2021. We’re playing for the PAC 12 title this year. You gotta play the best players. Like it or not, Tafisi and Sirmon are worse. Both Manu and Wellington have made impact plays. The back ups haven’t.
    I'm gonna need some examples here.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

FirePete said:

RealRhino said:

I'm gonna need some examples here.
    Manu’s sack against SC. Wellington’s fumble return.

The pickings are slim but it has happened.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

FirePete said:

RealRhino said:

We can still win with younger dudes
  • AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,102 Swaye's Wigwam
    Would BBK be asked to marry your daughter? While in the film room.
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    edited October 2019
    RealRhino said:

Wellington has a unique ability to Velcro himself to the nearest offensive player.

When he isnt velcroing himself to blockers and actually in the correct hole he tackles like a complete pussy doing this awkward standing shoulder dive into the ground infront of the RB waiting to get run over that always gives up an extra 2-3 yards.

Just from that little highlight video alone...

Velcro

Pussy tackle

Pussy "tackle" 2.0

Pussy goaline effort

Bonus lol LBs

Manu is slow and not a good LB but the fact that Wellington, with his supposed physical tools, often plays worse and softer is ridiculous.