Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Trent Fucking McDuffie

13»

Comments

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

GOAT said:

dnc said:

Difference between Murphy and McDuffie when they came in is Trent was 20lbs heavier and already had the body to play in the Pac-12. It's going to be fun to watch him the next 2.5 years. At this rate he might be the best CB to come out of Pete's program by the time he enters the draft.

McDuffie's currently listed 13 pounds heavier than Murphy was listed when he signed, unless Murphy lost 7 pounds from signing to enrolling it's a bit short of 20.

Irregardless it's a mute poont, he's bigger than I expected him to be and plays even bigger than that.

Total stud.
    Murphy was listed at 164lbs in his 247 recruiting profile and at 170lbs on the 2016 roster.
    https://gohuskies.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3306
    https://247sports.com/Player/Byron-Murphy-58712/high-school-102093/

But yeah, moot point. We're fortunate to have him because he's already ahead of Gordon and Hampton who we all assumed would be shut down corners from day 1. This is what happens when you stack classes with talent.
    McDuffie is a complete baller. Asa Turner was getting reps over Hampton which is pretty crazy. I know they play different positions but Asa was playing in the slot and I don’t think there’s any reason Hampton couldn’t do the same. I’ve been told that Hampton has had some off the field problems and that he’s kind of in the dwag house.
    It looked like they were bringing Asa in as a hybrid db/lb or a strong nickle. I seem to remember him crashing and blitzing a lot. That and playing press with help over the top.

I love that look with him and I think that's what we were all hoping to see.
    Wiltfong is vindicated.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,272
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

GOAT said:

dnc said:

Difference between Murphy and McDuffie when they came in is Trent was 20lbs heavier and already had the body to play in the Pac-12. It's going to be fun to watch him the next 2.5 years. At this rate he might be the best CB to come out of Pete's program by the time he enters the draft.

McDuffie's currently listed 13 pounds heavier than Murphy was listed when he signed, unless Murphy lost 7 pounds from signing to enrolling it's a bit short of 20.

Irregardless it's a mute poont, he's bigger than I expected him to be and plays even bigger than that.

Total stud.
    Murphy was listed at 164lbs in his 247 recruiting profile and at 170lbs on the 2016 roster.
    https://gohuskies.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3306
    https://247sports.com/Player/Byron-Murphy-58712/high-school-102093/

But yeah, moot point. We're fortunate to have him because he's already ahead of Gordon and Hampton who we all assumed would be shut down corners from day 1. This is what happens when you stack classes with talent.
    McDuffie is a complete baller. Asa Turner was getting reps over Hampton which is pretty crazy. I know they play different positions but Asa was playing in the slot and I don’t think there’s any reason Hampton couldn’t do the same. I’ve been told that Hampton has had some off the field problems and that he’s kind of in the dwag house.
    It looked like they were bringing Asa in as a hybrid db/lb or a strong nickle. I seem to remember him crashing and blitzing a lot. That and playing press with help over the top.

I love that look with him and I think that's what we were all hoping to see.
    Wiltfong is vindicated.
    *Loy
    I know you guys are being sarktastic but we did nickname him spam chancellor for a reason.

I wouldn't want him playing LB straight up against a more power run team. I doubt he could survive long term against lineman running at the second level.

He's perfect as the type of DB you can bring down into the box sometimes while not giving up anything in coverage. He's a good chess piece when we want to stay in dime against the spread or if there's a tight end who is too fast for LB's but too big for most DB's. Also helps tremminsely with mixing up coverages and disguising looks since he can do so many things.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter
    Emoterman said:

Dime as base defense:

DL: Bowman Levi Tuli Tryon
    LB: Turner/Ngata
    DB: McDuffie Molden Cam Myles Gordon Taylor

I was talking with someone who knows much more football than me, and he predicted something similar against WSU.
  • Options
    EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Emoterman said:

Dime as base defense:

I was talking with someone who knows much more football than me, and he predicted something similar against WSU.
    Again pointing up that I may be borderline retarded, I just don't understand how we can keep trotting out the abortions that are Manu and Wellington. I don't see how that lineup wouldn't perform better in 81% of situations.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,958
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Can someone please post another “moot point” in the weight thing. I didn’t get it the first 20 times.
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Athleticism is obviously there, but he’s been well coached and the game does look natural for him. He doesn’t panic at all when the ball is in the air.

We’ve seen Kyler Gordon panic. I remember Sidney Jones used to panic a bit his freshman year. Murphy and this guy are the only two that have looked completely ready the moment they stopped on the field. Murphy has a RS year too. McDuffie is damn good.

St. John Bosco kids are very well coached.

It's encouraging for James Smith, who sat behind McDuffie and Chris Steele (USC) and is finally starting this year but isn't being targeted. Plus has the size Lake loves in a big CB.
  • Options
    EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Emoterman said:

Dime as base defense:

I'm such a dumbass. I missed the slash between Turner & Ngata and keeping counting, thinking that's a penalty for 12 men on the field.

• Options
    fosterworthfosterworth Member Posts: 73
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper 5 Awesomes

Athleticism is obviously there, but he’s been well coached and the game does look natural for him. He doesn’t panic at all when the ball is in the air.

We’ve seen Kyler Gordon panic. I remember Sidney Jones used to panic a bit his freshman year. Murphy and this guy are the only two that have looked completely ready the moment they stopped on the field. Murphy has a RS year too. McDuffie is damn good.

St. John Bosco kids are very well coached.

It's encouraging for James Smith, who sat behind McDuffie and Chris Steele (USC) and is finally starting this year but isn't being targeted. Plus has the size Lake loves in a big CB.
    Pretty cool to see the Bosco DB coach hanging out with McDuffie in the UW locker room. UW's relationship with Bosco will pay dividends if they keep cranking out McDuffies and James Smiths, etc.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Emoterman said:

Emoterman said:

Dime as base defense:

Again pointing up that I may be borderline retarded, I just don't understand how we can keep trotting out the abortions that are Manu and Wellington. I don't see how that lineup wouldn't perform better in 81% of situations.
    You would think that lineup wouldn’t hold up, but the OL would have a tough time getting their hands on any of those guys.