Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Keith Taylor is taking too much shit

13»

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    A DB will give up a 7 yard completion and posters here will say he sucks. Every CB gives up completions.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,078
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Update:

Keith Taylor held the Pac-12's best WR Michael Pittman to 3 catches for 20 yards, and a 44 yard TD where it looked like Taylor was playing a zone in the flats and Cameron Williams was about 2 seconds late to take the over zone (likely thought he was supposed to cover the flats). Busted coverage, but likely not on Taylor.

Keith Taylor doesn't suck.

I'll allow it

I like this team

That's all I'll say for now. But I have a feeling

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,078
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

A DB will give up a 7 yard completion and posters here will say he sucks. Every CB gives up completions.

Every defense gives up some runs too

UW played a very good game of defense against USC

I remember the horror show of the ASU game last year where in order to stop Henry we had to let them grind us down the field time after time

This time we? stopped three USC wideouts and still did a good enough job against the run. 1991 was the only Husky defense I have ever seen where a 4 yard run was cause for concern. Jerry Pettibone crowing about his wishbone getting 80 yards on 50 carries is seared in my memory

The game has changed. Holding USC to 360 yard while winning is a GOOD defense
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Update:

Keith Taylor held the Pac-12's best WR Michael Pittman to 3 catches for 20 yards, and a 44 yard TD where it looked like Taylor was playing a zone in the flats and Cameron Williams was about 2 seconds late to take the over zone (likely thought he was supposed to cover the flats). Busted coverage, but likely not on Taylor.

Keith Taylor doesn't suck.

He had a good game
  • Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
  • Options
    WoofWoof Member Posts: 769
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    KT has been really solid this year, but I expected a little more from him in terms of splash plays, INTs, and run support. Coverage is his primary role, so I'm not disappointed, just expected him to pop a little more. IMO, Molden and Bryant have been a lot more disruptive to offenses.

The secondary is getting better every week, but there is still a ways to go in tackling and run support. Just shows how critical it was to have an eraser like Rapp in the secondary.