Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

We are a football school

...not a basketball school.

Some of you need to learn the difference.

Comments

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Sign me up for abundance
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    Making the tourney 50% of the time IS abundance.

HTH.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

HTH.

At a power conference school? It's average, at best.

And we're below 50% at this poont.

But I know you're just trolling.
  • AEBAEB Member Posts: 2,971
    1. Starting QB & WR romper stomp Seahawks fan

2. Starting MIK stealing parking passes & reselling

These are all Jason Shelley-esque, so...

AGREED
    dnc said:

HTH.

Please name all the power conference schools that have good football teams AND make the tourney on a regular basis.

Hint: there's not very many
  • Dawgfan406Dawgfan406 Member Posts: 192
    4-5, 5-4, 5-4, 5-4
  • HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,963
    edited March 2014

dnc said:

HTH.

Please name all the power conference schools that have good football teams AND make the tourney on a regular basis.

That is a cop-out if I ever heard one. Making the tourney isn't that hard...and its probably not the best time to start this discussion with Florida being the current #1. Every conference has a couple teams good at both...Michigan, Florida, Ohio State, Wisconsin, Oklahoma, Texas, Michigan State, etc. to name a few...it ain't that hard. If fact its harder to put it together on the football side.

But I'll be honest...I couldn't give a flip what the BBall team does if our football team is good.

dnc said:

dnc said:

HTH.

What relevance does this have to anything? We're neither one.

I believe in Pete as much as the next guy but until it actually happens you can't proclaim we're suddenly a good football program.
    I didn't say we were GOOD at football. I said we are a football school.

As long as football is successful, NOGAF about basketball.

If you want UW to be a basketball school, go dig up one of those faggy Dawgpack t-shirts from 2008.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    edited March 2014
    Elite basketball have never existed in the northwest...it likely never will. Romar will be coach at I was long as he wants to be.

dnc said:

HTH.

That is a cop-out if I ever heard one. Making the tourney isn't that hard...and its probably not the best time to start this discussion with Florida being the current #1. Every conference has a couple teams good at both...Michigan, Florida, Ohio State, Wisconsin, Oklahoma, Texas, Michigan State, etc. to name a few...it ain't that hard. If fact its harder to put it together on the football side.

But I'll be honest...I couldn't give a flip what the BBall team does if our football team is good.

They're the exception, not the rule.

Great sample size though.
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    Uninspired troll
  • TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    We are not a basketball school because our athletic department has traditionally screwed the pooch on the roundball court for no good reason. Having said that, it's most obvious to also say that Huskyfans would rather throw basketball along with volleyball, baseball, softball, gymnastics, soccer, golf, crew, track, and tennis (have I left out any) into Lake Washington rather than suffer more losing football.

But since we must tolerate all Olympic intercollegiate sports in order to have football, the UW can have no excuse for not focusing on developing a championship caliber mens basketball program that would at least help defer the cost of all the non-revenue garbage that football must pay for. It is nonsensical for a football school and it's fans and boosters to think otherwise.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    What the fuck is happening?
  • HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,963
    edited March 2014

dnc said:

HTH.

Huh? I named 7 of the top of my head and I don't follow College Basketball...you can add Louisville, UCLA, West Virginia, Oklahoma State, and Baylor to that list as well if it makes you feel better. Basketball isn't that hard...the lazy way is just hiring a sleezebag coach that pays off AAU guys for recruits. I'm sure some people have a cleaner way to do it...heck even Oregon seems to be figuring it out. Its more a resource issue...BBall doesn't bring in the $$ the way football does so Athletic Departments don't care as much about it. Romar would be on the hot seat today if his crappy teams the last couple of years were costing the athletic department $10MM/yr...they aren't. When the stands get empty enough he'll decide to retire and we'll see what Pool Boy brings in next. If he cares, he'll spending the money and get a coach and have expectations. If he doesn't we'll get more of the same.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,467 Swaye's Wigwam
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,904 Founders Club
    I like to call basketball "roundball" like it's the only sport with a ball that's round. That's what I like to do.
  • TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    I like to call roundball a basket for balls.
  • SarkinghamSarkingham Member Posts: 287

We are a crew and softball school

• puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133

dnc said:

HTH.

Huh? I named 7 of the top of my head and I don't follow College Basketball...you can add Louisville, UCLA, West Virginia, Oklahoma State, and Baylor to that list as well if it makes you feel better. Basketball isn't that hard...the lazy way is just hiring a sleezebag coach that pays off AAU guys for recruits. I'm sure some people have a cleaner way to do it...heck even Oregon seems to be figuring it out. Its more a resource issue...BBall doesn't bring in the $$ the way football does so Athletic Departments don't care as much about it. Romar would be on the hot seat today if his crappy teams the last couple of years were costing the athletic department $10MM/yr...they aren't. When the stands get empty enough he'll decide to retire and we'll see what Pool Boy brings in next. If he cares, he'll spending the money and get a coach and have expectations. If he doesn't we'll get more of the same.
    That a babe houston. Good chit