Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jordan Banks, 2020 4* Buck/LB, Harbor City (Narbonne), CA (NOT committed to Bama)

Comments

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited September 2019
    dnc said:

Seriously dude. You have the biggest fucking chip on your shoulder...

If you can't see the humor in the Twitter meltdown right now I can't help you.
    Fuck off for taking pleasure in this
  • Options
    sonics1993sonics1993 Member Posts: 1,460
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    FirePete said:

Gotta be Henry T.

Better not be, to drop a potential 2020 player for a eligible-in-2021 guy at a position of immediate need, when we?re under the scholly cap right now.
    And you think Banks could help with that next year? It's going to take him two or three years before he starts contributing.
    I don't know whether Banks would or not. I know Henry won't, unless there's something extenuating we* don't know about that could make him eligible immediately. I can get my head around moving on from Banks for a 2020 guy. As much as I covet Henry, that's hard for me to make sense of.
    His senior tape at linebacker isn't great, he's having a tough time keeping his weight down so he's probably a outside guy and his lack of length makes it difficult for him to survive outside when he gets to college which is why he been dropped from multiple colleges.
    Forgive us for not trusting our coaches to evaluate linebackers at the moment
    sterk, milo, manu, brendan all killing it for uw
    Yes they had recruiting misses like every other school and at that time those were the best we could get because we were still building.
  • Options
    EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

Gotta be Henry T.

Better not be, to drop a potential 2020 player for a eligible-in-2021 guy at a position of immediate need, when we?re under the scholly cap right now.
    And you think Banks could help with that next year? It's going to take him two or three years before he starts contributing.
    I don't know whether Banks would or not. I know Henry won't, unless there's something extenuating we* don't know about that could make him eligible immediately. I can get my head around moving on from Banks for a 2020 guy. As much as I covet Henry, that's hard for me to make sense of.
    His senior tape at linebacker isn't great, he's having a tough time keeping his weight down so he's probably a outside guy and his lack of length makes it difficult for him to survive outside when he gets to college which is why he been dropped from multiple colleges.
    If we dropped him because somebody else committed then I'm fine waiting to see who that somebody else is. Assuming it's a) not Smalls (who we were expecting to come in with Banks) and b) someone of equivalent or better talent and c) we still get Smalls, than I'm fine with this. If any of those three conditions aren't met than I'm not fine with it.

I think Banks was probably the most overrated recruit on these boreds because basically one poster was obsessed with him and turned him into everyone's obsession. I got caught up in it for awhile myself but have cooled on him for a bit now as I looked at things myself.

I'm LIPO on this one.
    Mostly agree, linebackers are hard to evaluate on hudl tape. I would just prefer to take the chance on an athlete like Banks in addition to the other LBs we get, instead of taking 4 WRs, 2 RBs & 2-3TEs in one class.
    Gary Bryant still visiting plus linebacker visit cancelled... Is Soyboi gonna play LB after all?
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,114
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Awesome. Came back from a massage and saw all this. Good thing I’m tense again.

Time to just end it.

Mitch Levy???
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

dnc said:

dnc said:

Gotta be Henry T.

If we dropped him because somebody else committed then I'm fine waiting to see who that somebody else is. Assuming it's a) not Smalls (who we were expecting to come in with Banks) and b) someone of equivalent or better talent and c) we still get Smalls, than I'm fine with this. If any of those three conditions aren't met than I'm not fine with it.

I think Banks was probably the most overrated recruit on these boreds because basically one poster was obsessed with him and turned him into everyone's obsession. I got caught up in it for awhile myself but have cooled on him for a bit now as I looked at things myself.

I'm LIPO on this one.
    Mostly agree, linebackers are hard to evaluate on hudl tape. I would just prefer to take the chance on an athlete like Banks in addition to the other LBs we get, instead of taking 4 WRs, 2 RBs & 2-3TEs in one class.
    I can get behind that argument. I've been on bored for DDY's argument that we have too many spots for WR's for awhile. I'm not 100% sure where numbers are with LB's though I feel like the last two classes have been strong there. I know we have McDonald, and Bruener in and hopefully Smalls coming. If that's it and there's no other secret commit then not taking Banks is bad and I'll grab a pitchfork.

With 4? I can see that being enough. Personally I never wanted them to take McDonald to begin with but that's a different argument. I appreciate that Pete's not yanking schollies from commits, even when there are superior options out there.

It all hinges on there being someone else and who that someone else is.
    Don't forget about Jordan coming back from mission which would make it five. We only have 2 ILB graduating.
    That seems like forever ago. I thought Lolo was a BUCK?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

dnc said:

Gotta be Henry T.

I'm LIPO on this one.
    I can get behind that argument. I've been on bored for DDY's argument that we have too many spots for WR's for awhile. I'm not 100% sure where numbers are with LB's though I feel like the last two classes have been strong there. I know we have McDonald, and Bruener in and hopefully Smalls coming. If that's it and there's no other secret commit then not taking Banks is bad and I'll grab a pitchfork.

With 4? I can see that being enough. Personally I never wanted them to take McDonald to begin with but that's a different argument. I appreciate that Pete's not yanking schollies from commits, even when there are superior options out there.

It all hinges on there being someone else and who that someone else is.
    Don't forget about Jordan coming back from mission which would make it five. We only have 2 ILB graduating.
    Yeah I did forget about that.

Great point.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I'd actually kill this bored if I could

Personally I love this bored
    Congrats on the 8 inning no no!
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Seriously dude. You have the biggest fucking chip on your shoulder...

If you can't see the humor in the Twitter meltdown right now I can't help you.
    Fuck off
    Someone is literally claiming if it weren't for fans recruiting him on Twitter Jordan Banks would have never considered UW.

HILARIOUS.
    Just so I'm not accused of subtweeting

This is kind of embarrassing
    Fuck off