Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Keith Taylor is taking too much shit

dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
We? moved Taylor inside to big nickel this week because BYU has a fantastic Tight End and neither Molden nor none of our safeties matched up well with him. Taylor predictably didn't look great playing a position he's never played in his life but it's unlikely we'll see him there much more going forward except maybe the Stanford game. If not for two terrible PI calls his game would have looked a lot better.

He was an excellent corner last year. He's not been amazing moving to the top spot this season, but he's going to improve.

Taylor is going to be a lockdown corner for us the last half of the season, just watch.

Comments

• Options

He played well last year. He’s solid. The dropped picks are the only thing that really bother me.

He'll get two or three before the year's over.
  • Options
    Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,298
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    It can be frustrating, but you have to trust that the guy who is in perfect coverage almost every play is gonna figure it out
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    dnc said:

We? moved Taylor inside to big nickel this week because BYU has a fantastic Tight End and neither Molden nor none of our safeties matched up well with him. Taylor predictably didn't look great playing a position he's never played in his life but it's unlikely we'll see him there much more going forward except maybe the Stanford game. If not for two terrible PI calls his game would have looked a lot better.

He was an excellent corner last year. He's not been amazing moving to the top spot this season, but he's going to improve.

Taylor is going to be a lockdown corner for us the last half of the season, just watch.

At the end of last season, he looked like a certain high round pick in the 2020 draft. He's off to slow start. I'd like to see him back at corner but agree the rest of the DB don't match up well with taller WRs
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739

dnc said:

I thought he lined up here a couple times last year. I'm remembering him in that position against Utah in the championship game. Then again, maybe I'm just dumb.

Doesn't detract from your point at all. I thought he played great and one of the PI calls was pretty fucking weak.
    You're correct. He played that spots a few times last year in their dime package. Championship game and WSU and another game.

I believe it's their "Joker" position. Not sure why they call it that. But I remember seeing Lake talk about it in an article over the summer.
  • Options
    digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,419
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited September 2019
    Disagree.

No amount of shit is too much when you deflect a would be interception off your hands in the end zone to the opposition for a TD. Come the fuck on.
  • Options

digits said:

Disagree.

No amount of shit is too much when you deflect a would be interception off your hands in the end zone to the opposition for a TD. Come the fuck on.

LOL Have you ever played football? At what level????
    So I need to have played football to have an opinion. Got it. HH wouldn't exist if that was the prerequisite. Fuck outta here.
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    digits said:

Disagree.

Giving him shit over it is fine. It’s a major fuckup that thankfully happened in a game where it didn’t matter.

Giving up on him or thinking it says much about the player he is and is going to he is dumb.
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,742
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    digits said:

digits said:

Disagree.

LOL Have you ever played football? At what level????
    So I need to have played football to have an opinion. Got it. HH wouldn't exist if that was the prerequisite. Fuck outta here.

• Options
    dnc said:

digits said:

Disagree.

Giving him shit over it is fine. It’s a major fuckup that thankfully happened in a game where it didn’t matter.

Giving up on him or thinking it says much about the player he is and is going to he is dumb.
    Again, it's not an isolated incident. As noted above, he also dropped a pick last season in the end zone vs Cal (one of the 2 games he started last year) we? lose by 2. Did that matter? He has 0 interceptions for his career. One of his 1st snaps in college he got burnt for a TD vs Rutgers. He's gotten burned often. I hope he proves me wrong, but I don't see how he turns into a lock down CB. Hope he proves me wrong.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,638
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter

He’s good, Gordon is the one getting consistently cooked but hes YOUNG

Gordon is going to lose his starting role to McDuffie. It seems inevitable. I would like to see Gordon at nickel or safety. He can run and hit.
    This. I 100% agree roadie. Been saying this for weeks.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    dnc said:

digits said:

dnc said:

digits said:

Disagree.

Again, it's not an isolated incident. As noted above, he also dropped a pick last season in the end zone vs Cal (one of the 2 games he started last year) we? lose by 2. Did that matter? He has 0 interceptions for his career. One of his 1st snaps in college he got burnt for a TD vs Rutgers. He's gotten burned often. I hope he proves me wrong, but I don't see how he turns into a lock down CB. Hope he proves me wrong.
    Yeah I'm gonna have to disagree with you there.

He's had some bad plays - three that you've noted here. He's not perfect.

He's been good far more often than not.
    He grades out good, but I never seen him make a play. Most of the time we talk about him when he fucks up
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,994
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

He’s good, Gordon is the one getting consistently cooked but hes YOUNG

Gordon is going to lose his starting role to McDuffie. It seems inevitable. I would like to see Gordon at nickel or safety. He can run and hit.
    Wouldn't mind this. As talented as Gordon is I would hope they could find a spot for him somewhere in the secondary. Mcduffie has looked good and has not panicked when thrown against yet. Small sample size though.

I have confidence that eventually Gordon would still be good at corner with our coaches but based on personel he may be best at safety.
  • Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    My main gripe with Keith is his tackling ability. As far as coverage goes I'm not worried whatsoever.