Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Hot Takes

BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
If Pete accepted that false start penalty because he didn't trust Kyler Manu could make a stop on 4th and 3 then why is Manu playing? Give him the Guy Flaherty Most Inspirational Player Award and call it day. Play somebody else.

Whats up with Taylor? Nails last year. He's terrible now.

5'7 185 lbs Myles Bryant is a dude and early favorite for Pac 12 Defensive POY. He's also our best ILB.

Elijah Molden is sodomizing opposing WRs. He's UW's best cover guy. Enjoy him now before he comes up lame with a hip pointer that prevents him from playing in the bowl game, before declaring for next year's draft after a week of careful consideration and conversations with his parents.

Trent McDuffie. It's shocking a true freshman can grasp our defensive coverages when UW young WRs can't comprehend Pete's simplistic receiver route trees without a Master's degree. PM to Pete: Don James coached teams used multiple shifts back in the 70's. One unnamed source inside the program told me the young WR will play when they start blocking in practice, a PETE requirement. Junior Adams makes in game personnel decisions, Allegedly. Fuller gets a pass, just because.

Bronson sucks against the run and is a situational guy only. Potoa’e looks fabulous with his hand down. Play Taki and Tuli together. Taki is all ass and can occupy two blockers. Tuli looks like a young Vita. He's more impressive than the 1989 RS-FR, Stan Empterman

Bush Hamden gets a strong B+ for his play calling, dealing with JV WR's and Pete's meddling. Also, opposing defenses sometimes make good plays, too.

Lol, Mormons. In the span of three hours they went from talking shit about their superior team before their suddenly sucked. BYUs lack of blitzing cost them the game. ( My Eason's arm and our OL's pass protection might have had something to do with BYUs decision dropping 8)

Despite the asskicking, the Mormons kept talking shit. They like calling UW pussies for ducking their paper tigers in the Holiday Bowl and choosing the Orange Bowl with 8x the payout, and a matchup with #2 Oklahoma that had closed their regular season beating the #1 and #3 teams nationally. Sure, the AP writers would have voted us #1 for avoiding the Sooners and sodomizing the WAC champions. The Mormons like to say they beat a GOOD 6-5 Jim Harbaughless Michigan team that had long since mailed it in after its 6th place tie. Beating the Big 10's 6th place team by more points > beating Michigan in the Big House and fresh off beating #1 Miami.

They bolster their shit argument with BYUs win over UW the following year. They overlook, of course, we lost most of our good players. The way those dipshits carried on, they lost 10 all Americans and we? still had our "STAR" QB Hugh Millen.

That's all I got.

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I'm with you on Bush, generally much better than people think.

I think Taylor will surprise you.

Molden's a beast as you noted.
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537

Benning has played some pretty good football. Looks like he took a step up this year. Maybe not the all conference stud everyone hoped when he signed, but he doesn't appear to be at worthless as his brother was.

Potato just isn’t a pass rushing OLB, Sor buck or whatever our defense wants to market it as.

He is a good strong side, edge setting DE in a 4-3 defense.

Always has been.
  • Options

scorching, its nice to see teams drop 8

Their staff obviously game planned for matching up against Puka, physical enough to beat press coverage, his superior speed over their slower DBs, and his ample playing time in front of his hometown people. Whoops.
  • Options
    Beno4LifeBeno4Life Member Posts: 533
    On BD2W, @sonics1993 and @LaMichael_Corleone clarified KT's play on Saturday as having to cover the slot like a nickel safety since BYU's TE was too much a mismatch for Molden, CamWill, and Bryant. Basically, aside from two ticky-tack PI calls and a botched INT, @sonics1993 claimed KT played solid since Jimmy asked him to play completely out of position on short notice and that we should have more perspective and respect for this. @LaMichael_Corleone more or less agreed.

I'm kind of in the middle here. Has KT's play been NFL caliber as @sonics1993 suggests? Not to my (un)trained eye, as his ball skills just aren't there...yet. But might he be asked to do more this year per his experience? Perhaps, but it seems teams are attacking him just as much, if not more, than the other side.

This weekend will be so telling re: our DBs. I'd like to see Bryant, CamWill, Molden, KT, McDuffie, and Gordon all out there together, with Bryant and Gordon playing more of a run-stopping SS/nickel.

Thoughts?
  • Options
    Beno4Life said:

On BD2W, @sonics1993 and @LaMichael_Corleone clarified KT's play on Saturday as having to cover the slot like a nickel safety since BYU's TE was too much a mismatch for Molden, CamWill, and Bryant. Basically, aside from two ticky-tack PI calls and a botched INT, @sonics1993 claimed KT played solid since Jimmy asked him to play completely out of position on short notice and that we should have more perspective and respect for this. @LaMichael_Corleone more or less agreed.

I'm kind of in the middle here. Has KT's play been NFL caliber as @sonics1993 suggests? Not to my (un)trained eye, as his ball skills just aren't there...yet. But might he be asked to do more this year per his experience? Perhaps, but it seems teams are attacking him just as much, if not more, than the other side.

This weekend will be so telling re: our DBs. I'd like to see Bryant, CamWill, Molden, KT, McDuffie, and Gordon all out there together, with Bryant and Gordon playing more of a run-stopping SS/nickel.

Thoughts?

I agree Taylor matched up better against BYUs tight end but Taylor has struggled since the beginning of the season.

As good a player Bryant is, he can't match up in 1 on 1 coverage. He's a beast playing robber in UWs cover 3, defending the mesh against receivers moving laterally.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,960
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Baseman said:

dnc said:

The idea that UW ducked BYU is the dumbest fucking argument I've ever heard.

Boobs was twatting that shit recently.

Their bishops must indoctrinate them with that bullshit at Temple. Every BYU fan I've encountered has the same spiel, and in the order I described. The Mormons are some of the nicest people you'll ever meet until they find out you're a Husky fan.

Boobs is the same guy who left HH because of the corrosive atmosphere but regularly posted the picture of the 9/11 victim falling from the North WTC Tower.
    I lived in Utah off and on for a decade. I always talked shit to those guys.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

So Fuller blocks in practice, just not in games.

Lol no
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    I have recency bias but Fuller didn't even try when Dick got blown up on the first drive.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Baseman said:

dnc said:

The idea that UW ducked BYU is the dumbest fucking argument I've ever heard.

Boobs was twatting that shit recently.

Their bishops must indoctrinate them with that bullshit at Temple. Every BYU fan I've encountered has the same spiel, and in the order I described. The Mormons are some of the nicest people you'll ever meet until they find out you're a Husky fan.

Boobs is the same guy who left HH because of the corrosive atmosphere but regularly posted the picture of the 9/11 victim falling from the North WTC Tower.

• Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    Baseman said:

One unnamed source inside the program told me the young WR will play when they start blocking in practice, a PETE requirement. Junior Adams makes in game personnel decisions, Allegedly. Fuller gets a pass, just because.

Pete has mentioned this a few times over the years when reporters have asked him why so and so hasn't gotten playing time. He says that his position coaches are in charge of all personnel decisions and playing time. Also, since Adams has been hired, on numerous occasions in interviews he has mentioned that the two most important things to him are attacking the ball and blocking.

So if we are to believe these two coaches at face value:

The young kids aren't playing because Pete trusts his coaches to make those decisions, and Adams has decided those kids either aren't attacking the ball or aren't blocking. Fuller doesn't block well, but he also has traditionally had good hands. So it may be a situation where Adams is just sticking to his guns.

Fuck if I know.
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739

So Fuller blocks in practice, just not in games.

He’s not good at blocking. Neither were John Ross or Pettis. Not every WR is going to be good at blocking. It’s hard to block in space.
    That, and it's a mentality. Blocking in space is hard. It's especially hard when you avoid contact and don't really want to get after it and be physical.