Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Hot Takes

2»

Comments

• Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

I have recency bias but Fuller didn't even try when Dick got blown up on the first drive.

Exactly
  • Options
    H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Tuli was front squatting 545 for reps this summer and they made him stop because no one could spot for him

I squat 545 for reps. Nothing special.
    Video or it didn't happen.
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,098
    Baseman said:

Elijah Molden is sodomizing opposing WRs. He's UW's best cover guy. Enjoy him now before he comes up lame with a hip pointer that prevents him from playing in the bowl game, before declaring for next year's draft after a week of careful consideration and conversations with his parents.

The ultimate Oregon inside job.
  • Options
    sonics1993sonics1993 Member Posts: 1,460
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited September 2019
    Beno4Life said:

On BD2W, @sonics1993 and @LaMichael_Corleone clarified KT's play on Saturday as having to cover the slot like a nickel safety since BYU's TE was too much a mismatch for Molden, CamWill, and Bryant. Basically, aside from two ticky-tack PI calls and a botched INT, @sonics1993 claimed KT played solid since Jimmy asked him to play completely out of position on short notice and that we should have more perspective and respect for this. @LaMichael_Corleone more or less agreed.

I'm kind of in the middle here. Has KT's play been NFL caliber as @sonics1993 suggests? Not to my (un)trained eye, as his ball skills just aren't there...yet. But might he be asked to do more this year per his experience? Perhaps, but it seems teams are attacking him just as much, if not more, than the other side.

This weekend will be so telling re: our DBs. I'd like to see Bryant, CamWill, Molden, KT, McDuffie, and Gordon all out there together, with Bryant and Gordon playing more of a run-stopping SS/nickel.

Thoughts?

Besides this game, when have you heard Keith's name be called in a game this year? Last year he practically started 4 games due to Jordan's injury but he's graded out real well with the coaches. Now that being said, I do know that Jimmy has been on Keith because he wants him to dominate not be solid.
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,000
    edited September 2019

Three business men (a Baptist, a Catholic, and a Mormon) were walking to lunch in downtown SLC, talking sports and their families. The Baptist said, “I have 5 kids and could have a basketball team.” The Catholic replied, “I’ve got 9 kids and could have a baseball team.” Unwilling to be out done the Mormon said, “I have 17 wives. One more and I’d have a golf course.”

Wood..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................not

Wood..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................not

Wood....................................................................................................................................................................................................................well, maybe.

Holey shit. I'd do anything /anyone . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . except.....................................those 17...........................................I probably couldn't even if I wanted to.

• Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited September 2019

Baseman said:

One unnamed source inside the program told me the young WR will play when they start blocking in practice, a PETE requirement. Junior Adams makes in game personnel decisions, Allegedly. Fuller gets a pass, just because.

Pete has mentioned this a few times over the years when reporters have asked him why so and so hasn't gotten playing time. He says that his position coaches are in charge of all personnel decisions and playing time. Also, since Adams has been hired, on numerous occasions in interviews he has mentioned that the two most important things to him are attacking the ball and blocking.

So if we are to believe these two coaches at face value:

The young kids aren't playing because Pete trusts his coaches to make those decisions, and Adams has decided those kids either aren't attacking the ball or aren't blocking. Fuller doesn't block well, but he also has traditionally had good hands. So it may be a situation where Adams is just sticking to his guns.

Fuck if I know.
    Houhusky said:

Baseman said:

One unnamed source inside the program told me the young WR will play when they start blocking in practice, a PETE requirement. Junior Adams makes in game personnel decisions, Allegedly. Fuller gets a pass, just because.

Pete has mentioned this a few times over the years when reporters have asked him why so and so hasn't gotten playing time. He says that his position coaches are in charge of all personnel decisions and playing time. Also, since Adams has been hired, on numerous occasions in interviews he has mentioned that the two most important things to him are attacking the ball and blocking.

The young kids aren't playing because Pete trusts his coaches to make those decisions, and Adams has decided those kids either aren't attacking the ball or aren't blocking. Fuller doesn't block well, but he also has traditionally had good hands. So it may be a situation where Adams is just sticking to his guns.

Fuck if I know.
    Im a lot more comfortable with Adams making personnel decisions with who is playing at WR than I am Pete.... that being said, fucking play the young guys that aren’t RSing in the blowouts and preseason you fucks.

Mentioned something about this in the presser:

Asked about not getting some of the younger guys into the game a little earlier and Petersen they always want to get them in for reps, but they are always wary of putting guys in and then mistakes happening and the other team getting momentum and mounting a comeback.

Edit, found the quote:

“We want to get guys into the game. Sometimes you’re competing and you know and we throw an interception right at the end of the third quarter and gave up an easy touchdown and all those things. That game, with all the things that happened there, those are all the things that are in our mind. It’s not over. Can our second (string players) play? Heck yeah, they can. But that’s some of the things we’re dealing with in terms of when to put some of the other guys in."
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,300
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Baseman said:

If Pete accepted that false start penalty because he didn't trust Kyler Manu could make a stop on 4th and 3 then why is Manu playing? Give him the Guy Flaherty Most Inspirational Player Award and call it day. Play somebody else.

Whats up with Taylor? Nails last year. He's terrible now.

5'7 185 lbs Myles Bryant is a dude and early favorite for Pac 12 Defensive POY. He's also our best ILB.

Elijah Molden is sodomizing opposing WRs. He's UW's best cover guy. Enjoy him now before he comes up lame with a hip pointer that prevents him from playing in the bowl game, before declaring for next year's draft after a week of careful consideration and conversations with his parents.

Trent McDuffie. It's shocking a true freshman can grasp our defensive coverages when UW young WRs can't comprehend Pete's simplistic receiver route trees without a Master's degree. PM to Pete: Don James coached teams used multiple shifts back in the 70's. One unnamed source inside the program told me the young WR will play when they start blocking in practice, a PETE requirement. Junior Adams makes in game personnel decisions, Allegedly. Fuller gets a pass, just because.

Bronson sucks against the run and is a situational guy only. Potoa’e looks fabulous with his hand down. Play Taki and Tuli together. Taki is all ass and can occupy two blockers. Tuli looks like a young Vita. He's more impressive than the 1989 RS-FR, Stan Empterman

Bush Hamden gets a strong B+ for his play calling, dealing with JV WR's and Pete's meddling. Also, opposing defenses sometimes make good plays, too.

Lol, Mormons. In the span of three hours they went from talking shit about their superior team before their suddenly sucked. BYUs lack of blitzing cost them the game. ( My Eason's arm and our OL's pass protection might have had something to do with BYUs decision dropping 8)

Despite the asskicking, the Mormons kept talking shit. They like calling UW pussies for ducking their paper tigers in the Holiday Bowl and choosing the Orange Bowl with 8x the payout, and a matchup with #2 Oklahoma that had closed their regular season beating the #1 and #3 teams nationally. Sure, the AP writers would have voted us #1 for avoiding the Sooners and sodomizing the WAC champions. The Mormons like to say they beat a GOOD 6-5 Jim Harbaughless Michigan team that had long since mailed it in after its 6th place tie. Beating the Big 10's 6th place team by more points > beating Michigan in the Big House and fresh off beating #1 Miami.

They bolster their shit argument with BYUs win over UW the following year. They overlook, of course, we lost most of our good players. The way those dipshits carried on, they lost 10 all Americans and we? still had our "STAR" QB Hugh Millen.

That's all I got.

Look forward to your USC writeup.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Three business men (a Baptist, a Catholic, and a Mormon) were walking to lunch in downtown SLC, talking sports and their families. The Baptist said, “I have 5 kids and could have a basketball team.” The Catholic replied, “I’ve got 9 kids and could have a baseball team.” Unwilling to be out done the Mormon said, “I have 17 wives. One more and I’d have a golf course.”

I count a few woods in there
  • Options
    Founders Club
    EwaDawg said:

Wood....................................................................................................................................................................................................................well, maybe.

Holey shit. I'd do anything /anyone . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . except.....................................those 17...........................................I probably couldn't even if I wanted to.

I'm calling bullshit. 10 beers in and 2,6 and maybe 10 are fuckable.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Baseman said:

If Pete accepted that false start penalty because he didn't trust Kyler Manu could make a stop on 4th and 3 then why is Manu playing? Give him the Guy Flaherty Most Inspirational Player Award and call it day. Play somebody else.

Whats up with Taylor? Nails last year. He's terrible now.

5'7 185 lbs Myles Bryant is a dude and early favorite for Pac 12 Defensive POY. He's also our best ILB.

Trent McDuffie. It's shocking a true freshman can grasp our defensive coverages when UW young WRs can't comprehend Pete's simplistic receiver route trees without a Master's degree. PM to Pete: Don James coached teams used multiple shifts back in the 70's. One unnamed source inside the program told me the young WR will play when they start blocking in practice, a PETE requirement. Junior Adams makes in game personnel decisions, Allegedly. Fuller gets a pass, just because.

Bronson sucks against the run and is a situational guy only. Potoa’e looks fabulous with his hand down. Play Taki and Tuli together. Taki is all ass and can occupy two blockers. Tuli looks like a young Vita. He's more impressive than the 1989 RS-FR, Stan Empterman

Bush Hamden gets a strong B+ for his play calling, dealing with JV WR's and Pete's meddling. Also, opposing defenses sometimes make good plays, too.

Lol, Mormons. In the span of three hours they went from talking shit about their superior team before their suddenly sucked. BYUs lack of blitzing cost them the game. ( My Eason's arm and our OL's pass protection might have had something to do with BYUs decision dropping 8)

Despite the asskicking, the Mormons kept talking shit. They like calling UW pussies for ducking their paper tigers in the Holiday Bowl and choosing the Orange Bowl with 8x the payout, and a matchup with #2 Oklahoma that had closed their regular season beating the #1 and #3 teams nationally. Sure, the AP writers would have voted us #1 for avoiding the Sooners and sodomizing the WAC champions. The Mormons like to say they beat a GOOD 6-5 Jim Harbaughless Michigan team that had long since mailed it in after its 6th place tie. Beating the Big 10's 6th place team by more points > beating Michigan in the Big House and fresh off beating #1 Miami.

They bolster their shit argument with BYUs win over UW the following year. They overlook, of course, we lost most of our good players. The way those dipshits carried on, they lost 10 all Americans and we? still had our "STAR" QB Hugh Millen.

That's all I got.

Look forward to your USC writeup.
    Would you prefer I add a Wine of the Week or Song of the Week?
  • Options
    TimTim Member Posts: 3
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Photogenic

Baseman said:

Fuck if I know.
    Houhusky said:

Baseman said:

Fuck if I know.
    Im a lot more comfortable with Adams making personnel decisions with who is playing at WR than I am Pete.... that being said, fucking play the young guys that aren’t RSing in the blowouts and preseason you fucks.

Mentioned something about this in the presser:

Asked about not getting some of the younger guys into the game a little earlier and Petersen they always want to get them in for reps, but they are always wary of putting guys in and then mistakes happening and the other team getting momentum and mounting a comeback.

Edit, found the quote:

“We want to get guys into the game. Sometimes you’re competing and you know and we throw an interception right at the end of the third quarter and gave up an easy touchdown and all those things. That game, with all the things that happened there, those are all the things that are in our mind. It’s not over. Can our second (string players) play? Heck yeah, they can. But that’s some of the things we’re dealing with in terms of when to put some of the other guys in."
    Couple those comments with this quote in reference to the UCLA comeback and it is clear that anyone without game reps is fighting a massive uphill battle to get on the field. Even in blowout wins he's worried he will lose. The only way we see young guys get real reps is a blowout loss since the risk of losing is negated at that point. And Petersen teams almost never lose via blowouts.

“That’s why I’m scared to death until the game ends, always,” [Petersen] said. “It doesn’t matter what the score is. I’ve seen it happen. Sometimes it’s rare, but I’ve seen it happen. Teams get a few plays, momentum changes fast, guys get on their heels a little bit. It’s just not over until it’s over.”

This point of view also seems to explain the QB controversy as well. Petersen is minimizing perceived risk through familiarity with how a player will perform (likely believing he can coach his way around individual or position weaknesses) vs trying to maximize performance while adding more variance into the play by play performance.