Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Thoughts on the fucking fake field goal

2»

Comments

• FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

Per Softy, the fake kick was not called. The players ran it anyways

No fucking way, he is covering up for his shitty offense and play calling. One thing his kids are, they are not disobedient. They would not do something like that
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,841 Founders Club
    I hate the wildcat call there because it takes away the threat Eason poses. The d doesn’t have to think twice. They can key on the run.
  • UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,110
    PurpleJ said:

I hate the wildcat call there because it takes away the threat Eason poses. The d doesn’t have to think twice. They can key on the run.

You're tempting Pete to call for a Newton pass.
  • GwadGwad Member Posts: 2,855
    PurpleJ said:

Wildcat needs to send Eason in motion.

PurpleJ said:

You're tempting Pete to call for a Newton pass.
    Knowing him he would throw a dime and eclipse Marvin Hall as our GOAT quarterback.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    PurpleJ said:

Most of the time it’s in 3rd and 1. As good as Eason is, I don’t want him throwing in those situations.

PurpleJ said:

Most of the time it’s in 3rd and 1. As good as Eason is, I don’t want him throwing in those situations.
    We aren’t talking about 3rd and 1. We are talking about 1st and goal.

Either way, I don’t like it. You need the defense to respect the threat of Eason throwing. If you want to make the D think about multiple backs, I hear the I formation is tried and tested.
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,797
    There is definitely intangible value in breaking tendencies, keeping an opponent off balance, and creating game film that will give future opponents more to prepare for. And retrospective framing bias always makes these conversations unfair.

But when QB1 is 87/119 on the season, you’d like to have at least 73% confidence that fake FG is gonna work, before taking the ball out of QB1’s hands. Hard to know, when you only get to practice that play against an unwary defense once.

Once again, this feels like a case of Pete trying to out-cute an opponent he could simply out-athlete.
  • Beno4LifeBeno4Life Member Posts: 533
    edited September 2019
    I don’t mind the #DickCat. But not from the fucking 8-yard-line when the most talented QB in program history is on NBA Jam fucking fire.

Other than those three plays, fake notwithstanding, I don’t recall threatening to murder Bush and his family this game. Thought he called a solid game. Then again, you'd have to be a complete idiot to not call a good game when Jacob Eason is throwing lasers and seeing the D like Morpheus.