Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Thoughts on the fucking fake field goal

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,302 Founders Club
edited September 2019 in Hardcore Husky Board
You call that kind of shit when you've got a noodle-armed whining loser at QB.

When you have Jesus at QB and he's 18/20, you throw the fucking football.

(Unless you just kick the chip shot field goal)

Comments

• EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,120
    Look at the bright side. Now that Pete has tried it he knows not to use it when it matters.

That's all I got.

Carry on.
  • whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,583 Standard Supporter
    I figured at some point this year a fake FG for Race was coming since he’s a 5th year walk on local kid who has happily done all the thankless shit like be the holder and the backup punter. Pete loves that shit, but fake it against Eastern or Oregon State, not a road game against a team who just beat USC.
  • whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,583 Standard Supporter
    Houhusky said:

You call that kind of shit when you've got a noodle-armed whinging loser at QB.

Mostly if you do want to call it, make sure Culp isn’t a giant incompetent pussy first.
    Yeah looked like we had 3 to block 3 but failed at blocking
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,107
    The wildcat call on 1st and Goal was worse
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    Why would Race Porter be able to run up the middle? At least have it go outside. He’s not going to break tackles and bulldoze his way to the end zone.
  • H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098

You call that kind of shit when you've got a noodle-armed whining loser at QB.

Also, don't block like a pussy.
  • Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,650
    edited September 2019
    Houhusky said:

That being said, it was a FG attempt not a punt.

Pete and me thank you for the clarification. We were both obviously confused.
  • Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,650
    Houhusky said:

The fake punt attempt was the quintessential Pete. In his mind it failed only for lack of execution. Never mind it was FS. It wasn’t the right time and place, particularly after the FUBAR of play calling and game management the preceding three plays. That whole 1st and goal sequence culminating in the failed fake FG was a microcosm of the identity crisis that is Petersen’ offense at UW.

This bullshit play calling is why Petersen’s teams don’t knockout opponents. Pete gets a comfortable lead and starts doing his BSU trick or treat shit as if he’s seeking validation for his success there. The situation at the beginning of that drive called for a long sustained scoring drive to wind down the clock and punish the BYU defense and go into halftime with a commanding lead. It was a lost opportunity for game management development for which Pete is sorely in need.

I dont have as much of a problem with the call as others here, if Culp didnt block worse than @puppylove_sugarsteel than its a walk in TD and twist the knife moment. Not understanding that Culp would fucking fail was the bigger problem IMO.

If they didnt actually mean to go for it than Pete and his special teams is just as retarded as it always is.

That being said, it was a FG attempt not a punt.
    Your “twist the knife moment” analogy is is accurate if you mean a stab in the back. I prefer the traditional smash mouth knock their teeth out beat down. Pete’s BS gives me ED.

• GwadGwad Member Posts: 2,855
    edited September 2019

Per Softy, the fake kick was not called. The players ran it anyways

rofl no way

I guess the players read the boreds?