Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Wide Receivers

2»

Comments

• Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Beno4Life said:

To the OP, maybe Hamdan/Lubick did whiff on those guys? I doubt it, but I’ll flatter you for...a second.

My issue is that if the Smurfs were performing at an all-conference level against good defenses (not Eastern) and had a track record of doing so, then yeah, back-burner the highly-rated dudes, a la BBK playing over Camilo.

But they’re playing at a below average level. So why not mix it up and give others PT to prove themselves?

It makes no sense. Anyone who is anything raved about Ozzy’s spring and fall camps. Same with Bynum. Sadly, Spiker, who clearly looks the part, is developing slower.

It's not so much they are Smurfs. It's the plays you are calling for Smurfs. Those guys should be running two or three iterations of the pick play to take advantage of their quickness. Instead we ask them to block for each other on WR screens. FS
  • Options
    NoWarningJustDawgNoWarningJustDawg Member Posts: 1,000
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter

Kim Grinolds
    STAFF
    Posted on 19 mins, V I P, User Since 215 months ago, User Post Count: 30,127
    19 mins
    VIP
    215 months
    There are a few out here who want to rant about the younger reciers and continue to beat the drum they need to play more. When given explanations/answers to why they aren't playing more, they just dismiss those explanations and continue to rant.

Tell me this..........why are they not playing?

LOL at the idea that KG has the (or any) answers and has been explaining to his minions why they aren't playing. Gonna go waaaay out on a limb and suggest Kim doesn't have a clue because Pete likes it that way.
  • Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,959
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    This is issue is so obvious. Unlike our young defense where the lack of recruiting in previous years is haunting us, the WR has talent. Even if a complete understanding of the offense is lacking, it’s one of the few positions where talent can impact irregardless.
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,558
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    AEB said:

This is issue is so obvious. Unlike our young defense where the lack of recruiting in previous years is haunting us, the WR has talent. Even if a complete understanding of the offense is lacking, it’s one of the few positions where talent can impact irregardless.

Yes, it is obvious. Young, talented skill guys can play and contribute early. Even in Pete's overly complicated offense it happens. Dante, Fuller, Chico and MMFG all played and contributed to varying degrees as true and redshirt freshmen. Why is it these seemingly talented guys can not crack the rotation and contribute unless they just aren't that talented. Puka is getting reps and PT over them as a kid who has mere months in the system. Osborne is the only one of the three that seems to practice well enough to get chances to contribute on the field. Many of you seem to think that young players never play in this offense. That's just not true. What is true is that there seems to be a lack of talent to unseat the senior midget brigade. This thread has become gay as AIDS and I'm sorry I started it. I'm not bashing gayness nor AIDS as both are representative of the OP so don't twist.